Stacey (YBF) back with TSV on Dec 13th!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

YBF is nothing to do with QVC US at all. The MB brand QVC US helped in the early days and so thought they had a steak in the business and when Stacey wanted to branch out, said no. So a court case resulted and not sure who actually won, but Stacey started YBF and went to HSN in the US. But I have read since infact she is only the face of YBF and another company own and make the brand for her.

It has been commented on that the YBF website has no makeup only the clothing line on it. So could the makeup be on the way out?

From reading QVC US communtiy board seems Mally is owned or part owned by QVC US and that is the new MB for them.

More than a steak in the business. There was an out-of-court settlement.

Well I've gone for it, I liked MP and am gradually getting around to YBF.

I'm quite impressed with the YBF basics so far, the primer smells like caramel and goes on lovely, the foundation is a really nice colour for my very pale skin tone and the mascara is quite nice too even if the brush is massive. This is the first time that I've bought any colour items but I'm hoping the eye shadows will be as nice as the MP ones because I always found them lovely and soft. I also love experimenting with eye colours so its nice to have them all in pallettes of 4 so that I can experiment with shades and depth and stuff.

Its such a shame that she spent all those years building up a company with a range loved by thousands of people across the US and UK and then found herself in a position where she was stuck unable to expand and had to start all over again.

I do agree that I think the name is a bit naff, but to be honest who cares? My make up sits on my dressing table in my bedroom so no one sees it other than me to pass comment

Enjoy it Katyd, we might all be kicking ourselves that we didn't go for it if the reviews are good

I've gone for it too katyd. At that price it seemed rude not to and I'm sure the box will come in very handy if the contents aren't very good. I've not tried ybf before so it's a bit of a leap in the dark and I look forward to messing about with all the different eye colours..

I've gone for it too katyd. At that price it seemed rude not to and I'm sure the box will come in very handy if the contents aren't very good. I've not tried ybf before so it's a bit of a leap in the dark and I look forward to messing about with all the different eye colours..

sporting a new avatar i see calico:mysmilie_17:

My opinion is that it is the YBF logo that makes her make up range now look tacky and cheap. Why did she ditch the name models prefer?
I would have bought this for my DD except sadly I know she would turn her nose up at it........a shame really because when I was 14 I would have loved this...........Mac eyeshadows at £11 each is what was on my DD Xmas list.( I got her only one ):mysmilie_697:

:mysmilie_17:

Has yours been chatting with mine

:mysmilie_61:

Try as I might, I can't warm to Olly, he's such a 'geezer'. I keep expecting him to channel Chas and Dave. I lost interest when all the best singers went out, as usual.I know it's a personality contest, not a singing or dancing one, ditto SCD, but I live in hope.....

It has been commented on that the YBF website has no makeup only the clothing line on it. So could the makeup be on the way out?

I flicked over to QVC today and I think YES. The YBF trailer has a tagline
"Beauty by Stacey" TM (Trademark)... maybe she is fed up with her name being put to products which her loyal fans are not happy with.

I recently suggested that my daughter try a nice blue mascara and she looked at me as if I was demented. When I was young though it was all the go - even Princess Diana wore it! :mysmilie_696:

After reading the reviews on HSN I was a little bit tempted but I have a couple of dozen Bobbi Brown Palettes on the go. I reeeeeeaaaaallllly don't need any more make up.

Nice box though. I'd use that. :mysmilie_698: (It's Olly innit!) :mysmilie_17:

I recently suggested that my daughter try a nice blue mascara and she looked at me as if I was demented. When I was young though it was all the go - even Princess Diana wore it! :mysmilie_696:

After reading the reviews on HSN I was a little bit tempted but I have a couple of dozen Bobbi Brown Palettes on the go. I reeeeeeaaaaallllly don't need any more make up.

Why was he in the final 12? :mysmilie_11:Robbie appeared an exceptional talent when he sang next to him.

Why was he in the final 12? :mysmilie_11:Robbie appeared an exceptional talent when he sang next to him.

Oh Robbie - bless him. I always want to give him a big hug and make him a cooked breakfast! I think Olly would sell his own Granny and will be splashed across the tabloids in kiss and tell stories with tacky looking "ladies" a year from now.

Did you think you had got away with this LA'K. A couple of dozen Bobbi Brown palettes. I am not surprise that you really don't need any make up.Why?:mysmilie_73::mysmilie_73::mysmilie_73:

:mysmilie_34: no reference to Mally then :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_34: no reference to Mally then :mysmilie_17:

I don't have many Mally palettes but it's true -I've gone a little bit off the boil with Mally. *stands back in amazement*

I LOVED:

Shimmer Shape & Glow

24/7 Eyelining system and eyeliners in general

Cancellation Concealer

Dewy Blush

Lipliner

Mascara

But I sent back the Couture Blush, the Primer and the Lip Illusion so I think I've got pretty much all the hero products now and it's diminishing returns from here on in.

Did you think you had got away with this LA'K. A couple of dozen Bobbi Brown palettes. I am not surprise that you really don't need any make up.Why?:mysmilie_73::mysmilie_73::mysmilie_73:

They are all Pre-F.A.R.T.S. my lovely, but it's true I really won't need any more make up for quite some time. I like to keep up to date though...:mysmilie_81:

I once tried to convince work to give me a make up allowance cos I have a professional image to keep up - but they weren't having any of it! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back