Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sa
Shopps & Lou - I feel the same way. I have to look at the emails I receive from animal charities because they ask me to sign petitions or contact people. I can also remember the names of children who were abused & murdered by those who were privileged to have them & their stories haunt me.
Saw on BBC that Mairead Philpott has been released from jail after serving 7 years.

I'll also line up to hand out punishment to those who abuse and con the elderly.

My ex's aunt 'nursed' on a ward for dementia sufferers. She'd happily brag that if she was pinched or bitten by one of the patients she'd 'teach them a lesson' by biting or pinching them back. She would dispute that dementia sufferers aren't able to 'learn lessons' like that but due to no one else wanting to work there she kept her job.

A cruel streak runs in that family. I will happily put them at the front of the punishment queue!

I'll also line up to hand out punishment to those who abuse and con the elderly.

My ex's aunt 'nursed' on a ward for dementia sufferers. She'd happily brag that if she was pinched or bitten by one of the patients she'd 'teach them a lesson' by biting or pinching them back. She would dispute that dementia sufferers aren't able to 'learn lessons' like that but due to no one else wanting to work there she kept her job.

A cruel streak runs in that family. I will happily put them at the front of the punishment queue!
Vile individual.

There are so many vile humans around so it's nice to be able to write something positive. On Friday I received a parcel with a note that said 'For your daughter & her act of kindness', inside was a skipping rope. A couple of weeks ago I'd bought one of these for her to include in the Christmas shoe box gifts she was doing with her year 3 class; finding items that are acceptable is hard enough, house arrest made it worse. I thanked this man for sending it so quickly & told him why I'd bought it, his response was so lovely & she's given this one to another children's charity.

Looks like Debenhams are dead. So if any gift cards spend asap.

I admit I haven't gone into the Belfast one for ages, it was like a ghost town before the lockdown. Mike Ashley was supposed to be buying but that he has pulled out now.
JD Sports pulled out from buying Debenhams, they were last option, Ashley had pulled out early November. JD pulled out today on back of what has happened with Arcadia as they are largest re ter of space within Debenhams.

I was wondering when Decleor would have their Christmas Tsv but it strikes me they aren't. I know when they had the last one they said we wont be having another one before the end of the year but I assumed that that was a bit more sales pressure and that it didnt include Christmas, which is at the end of the year. Seems I was wrong!

Love this. Such talented young people and an uplifting message. Their Christmas message.
Thank you Vienna, that was a delight. I worked in a wonderful school & had a lump in my throat every time I went to a concert or the students gave a performance in assembly. We were given a Bechstein piano, most of us hadn't heard of them but the Music teachers were in raptures; some of the students would play during lunch time, they never abused the privilege & visitors always said how special it was.

Thank you Vienna, that was a delight. I worked in a wonderful school & had a lump in my throat every time I went to a concert or the students gave a performance in assembly. We were given a Bechstein piano, most of us hadn't heard of them but the Music teachers were in raptures; some of the students would play during lunch time, they never abused the privilege & visitors always said how special it was.
I worked for Salvation Army Social services for 13 years and every Christmas the local SA church (citadel) band would come into the hostel on Christmas Day and play for us. We also had a Christmas Carol Service in the lead up to Christmas and on Christmas Day every resident would be given a bag full of presents, many of the items donated by local schools or the Rotary Club or Round Table. Local supermarkets would donate Christmas trees and decorations and last thing on Christmas Eve many of them would bring trays of unsold meat veg, cakes etc when they shut the shop.Smaller suppliers would drop off tins of biscuits or chocolates and even those who didn`t live in the hostel but were homeless or in dire poverty could come through the doors and enjoy Christmas Day with us where they`d be warm, well fed and entertained.

My mum liked to support the Salvation Army. She came from a very poor mining family and had her shoes from them (and the kind people who originally donated).

Every year I'd take her to see the SA brass band play carols by the Christmas tree in our nearest town. She'd always donate generously as well as donate all our family's old clothes etc.

Fond Christmas memories.

Latest posts

Back