Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did you read that story of some woman who chucked a big dog into a river with a huge rock tied round its neck. It beggars belief, that poor dog. Thankfully it was saved by a passer by and it was OK but who in any kind of mind would think of doing that to their pet, or anyone else's for that matter. If I had room I'd take all the abused dogs but I can only take one and thankfully he was just unwanted, not uncared for.

CC

When my parents were still alive my Mum rang me and said she swore blind there were kittens under the shed and would I come catch them ? She said she`d seen little cat faces peering out and heard noises. Her neighbour was recently widowed so after her husband`s death she`d put the house up for sale and returned to her native Ireland but deliberately dumped her cat which had gotten pregnant.
I caught the kittens which were small but their eyes were open but the Mum cat ran away and was never seen again. I`ve no idea what happened to her and my parents kept an eye open for her and put food out but she never came back. We took the kittens to a cat rescue centre so thankfully they were looked after and probably re homed but how someone could just dump a pet on the streets and move areas baffles me.

Did you read that story of some woman who chucked a big dog into a river with a huge rock tied round its neck. It beggars belief, that poor dog. Thankfully it was saved by a passer by and it was OK but who in any kind of mind would think of doing that to their pet, or anyone else's for that matter. If I had room I'd take all the abused dogs but I can only take one and thankfully he was just unwanted, not uncared for.

CC
I read about it yesterday, she's evil, as is her partner. It won't take much to find out where she lives in Newark & I think she'll face the same level of hatred as that man who, a couple of years ago, abandoned his dog on a mountain to freeze to death. Three years ago a local woman left two cats locked in her house while she was away, they died & she's banned from keeping animals for life. She was a local am dram show off & one day I recognised her & told her exactly what I thought of her, as did a couple of people who were walking passed us & realised who she was. I left her with the threat that I'd turn up at every performance she was in & heckle, shouting out the names of these defenceless animals.

The night before we were due to go on holiday two tiny kittens arrived out of the blue curled up together on our garden chairs. Obviously a mother was around somewhere but we couldn’t find her. Unfortunately we were due to travel at dawn the next day so couldn’t do anything for them. We did put out food and numerous containers of water so that at least they had a drink. As we don’t have family we couldn’t get anyone to sort them out.

When we came back they were gone so we have to assume mum eventually came for them or they went to a new sleeping place.

if it had been nowadays we would have been able to watch them on our phones.

When my parents were still alive my Mum rang me and said she swore blind there were kittens under the shed and would I come catch them ? She said she`d seen little cat faces peering out and heard noises. Her neighbour was recently widowed so after her husband`s death she`d put the house up for sale and returned to her native Ireland but deliberately dumped her cat which had gotten pregnant.
I caught the kittens which were small but their eyes were open but the Mum cat ran away and was never seen again. I`ve no idea what happened to her and my parents kept an eye open for her and put food out but she never came back. We took the kittens to a cat rescue centre so thankfully they were looked after and probably re homed but how someone could just dump a pet on the streets and move areas baffles me.
You may have seen in other threads that recently some low life piece of sh!t dumped a cat and her three young kittens in my garden.

It took all day and all night plus a tin of tuna and a tin of sardines to capture them all, the kittens first and the mum the next day.

They were reunited at the local Cat's Protection sanctuary and are doing well

You may have seen in other threads that recently some low life piece of sh!t dumped a cat and her three young kittens in my garden.

It took all day and all night plus a tin of tuna and a tin of sardines to capture them all, the kittens first and the mum the next day.

They were reunited at the local Cat's Protection sanctuary and are doing well
We were luckier SS. My Dad went around the back of the shed with a long broom and I was ready at the front of the shed lying on my stomach and shouting verbal instructions to my Dad and shouting where to gently push the broom so I could catch them as he pushed them out and could put them in the cardboard box I had handy.
He literally swept the kittens from their hidey hole by pushing the broom into the gap under the shed and they weren`t hurt in any way, it was gently done. It took a couple of attempts to sweep out all 4 kitties and the little buggers clawed me as I grabbed them but it was a small price to pay to know they were captured and would now be safe.

We were luckier SS. My Dad went around the back of the shed with a long broom and I was ready at the front of the shed lying on my stomach and shouting verbal instructions to my Dad and shouting where to gently push the broom so I could catch them as he pushed them out and could put them in the cardboard box I had handy.
He literally swept the kittens from their hidey hole by pushing the broom into the gap under the shed and they weren`t hurt in any way, it was gently done. It took a couple of attempts to sweep out all 4 kitties and the little buggers clawed me as I grabbed them but it was a small price to pay to know they were captured and would now be safe.
The kittens ripped my hands to shreds!

How can something so tiny cute and fluffy do so much damage? 😾 😸:)

My neighbour's cat managed to drag herself home after someone dipped her rear end in tar from where they were building a new road close by. The cat had to be put down.

My cousin lives in a small town in America where one man was hounded until he was put in jail for his own safety after throwing a live kitten on his BBQ.

My OH's BIL was called in to investigate the man who threw a live cat into molten steel in the steel works.

They need those claws in nature but they're no defence against a person wanting to do them harm.

My neighbour's cat managed to drag herself home after someone dipped her rear end in tar from where they were building a new road close by. The cat had to be put down.

My cousin lives in a small town in America where one man was hounded until he was put in jail for his own safety after throwing a live kitten on his BBQ.

My OH's BIL was called in to investigate the man who threw a live cat into molten steel in the steel works.

They need those claws in nature but they're no defence against a person wanting to do them harm.

Im not going to lie when I say that’s made me cry. All animal cruelty, and child cruelty in fact all cruelty makes me cry, but especially when aimed at defenceless animals and children, these poor things never stood a chance. How can anyone be so evil? I always say to the husband the only thing that I’ll miss when my numbers is up is my family, and kind compassionate people, but it will be a blessed release when it’s my time to go to get away from cruelty, this world is dirty, evil and very very dangerous for the vulnerable and that part, I certainly wouldn’t miss.

I’m sorry I started reading now. 😢 I’ll have to stop. 😢

Last edited:
On the lighter side - - - - -

Cartoon ventriloquist 128224674_371880.png

Shopps & Lou - I feel the same way. I have to look at the emails I receive from animal charities because they ask me to sign petitions or contact people. I can also remember the names of children who were abused & murdered by those who were privileged to have them & their stories haunt me.

The kittens ripped my hands to shreds!

How can something so tiny cute and fluffy do so much damage? 😾 😸:)
We've had many kittens & shredded curtains! Kittens are totally adorable & I love the way they have a siesta after eating, however, every one we've adopted has had a mad half hour, usually mid evening, when they've gone around the house like fluffy tornadoes. We had two black & white sisters who would race each other up the fire surround & then leap across to the curtains, claw themselves up to the pelmet & then do another bound onto the picture rail where they'd hang like bats. Our daughters loved this, I didn't!

I can assure you mine don't :love::love:

CC
I haven't had a drink since April & I haven't really missed it. However, I was talking to our younger daughter about Aldi's winter gins today & there are three that sound delicious & my favourite vanilla vodka is on special offer in Sainsburys so my sobriety may be coming to an end.

Im not going to lie when I say that’s made me cry. All animal cruelty, and child cruelty in fact all cruelty makes me cry, but especially when aimed at defenceless animals and children, these poor things never stood a chance. How can anyone be so evil? I always say to the husband the only thing that I’ll miss when my numbers is up is my family, and kind compassionate people, but it will be a blessed release when it’s my time to go to get away from cruelty, this world is dirty, evil and very very dangerous for the vulnerable and that part, I certainly wouldn’t miss.

I’m sorry I started reading now. 😢 I’ll have to stop. 😢

If there is an afterlife when my time is up I've volunteered to go to that special place in hell where those that commit such cruelty to children and animals burn to stoke up the fires and make sure it never goes out.

Latest posts

Back