Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is our safe space to let go of how we are really feeling. Feelings which we may hide from our nearest and dearest or feelings which we find it difficult to talk about face to face with others. I`ve cried more in the past few days than I`ve done in years. We had our beloved dog put to sleep last Saturday and it was so sudden and unexpected that we`re still in shock.
During lockdown she was our reason to get up, go out and someone to talk to or comfort me. Not just a dog but family.
I`ve been laid up with a fractured wrist and damaged tendons so one of my sons had her for me so she could get the exercise she needed and I now feel guilty that I didn`t get to spend those weeks with her and only had a very short time with her before she suddenly became unable to stand up or walk and a scan showed she had an inoperable mass on her brain. It was so sudden, one day she seemed fine, the next day unable to stand or walk.
Dear Vienna - I'm so very sorry, the loss of a pet is awful & when it happens so unexpectedly it's grief on top of shock. I know it's easy to say but please don't feel guilty, you asked your son to look after her for her benefit, you loved her & gave her a wonderful life. Be kind to yourself.

This is our safe space to let go of how we are really feeling. Feelings which we may hide from our nearest and dearest or feelings which we find it difficult to talk about face to face with others. I`ve cried more in the past few days than I`ve done in years. We had our beloved dog put to sleep last Saturday and it was so sudden and unexpected that we`re still in shock.
During lockdown she was our reason to get up, go out and someone to talk to or comfort me. Not just a dog but family.
I`ve been laid up with a fractured wrist and damaged tendons so one of my sons had her for me so she could get the exercise she needed and I now feel guilty that I didn`t get to spend those weeks with her and only had a very short time with her before she suddenly became unable to stand up or walk and a scan showed she had an inoperable mass on her brain. It was so sudden, one day she seemed fine, the next day unable to stand or walk.
Oh I am so sorry for your loss. I know just how you are feeling as we had to have our boy Charlie put to sleep last Monday. He was 16 and we had him from when he was 8 weeks old. He went to work with Mr Twirl until he retired 11 years ago and has been with us every day of his life. He had been suffering with his legs for a while, couldn't stand up to eat or drink. Mr Twirl carried him everywhere. We realised that we were being cruel to him as he started wetting himself and the house was covered in puppy pads. It was such a difficult decision and we miss him terribly. God bless him and your dog too.

There’s no pain in this world like the pain of losing a furry family member, all they know how to do is love you. I don’t think they’ll know how precious they are and that they leave a huge gap that can never be filled. I’m so very sorry for you loss. 🙏 xx

Just read your message Twirl58, my heart goes out to you too and sorry for your loss 🙏 xx

Oh I am so sorry for your loss. I know just how you are feeling as we had to have our boy Charlie put to sleep last Monday. He was 16 and we had him from when he was 8 weeks old. He went to work with Mr Twirl until he retired 11 years ago and has been with us every day of his life. He had been suffering with his legs for a while, couldn't stand up to eat or drink. Mr Twirl carried him everywhere. We realised that we were being cruel to him as he started wetting himself and the house was covered in puppy pads. It was such a difficult decision and we miss him terribly. God bless him and your dog too.

That’s really touched me, it’s hard to let go isn’t it, they say you have to be cruel to be kind but the thought rips your heart out. I’m thinking about our cats Ebony (past two years ago) and Tigger (past 15 years ago), and our house rabbit Lucky (past three years ago) Ebony and Lucky were rescue animals, they all lived till a ripe old age and when the time came for them to go to sleep, we just couldn’t let them go and like you, kept them as long as possible 🥲🥲🥲

I'm so sorry, of course you miss him after so many years & you weren't being cruel you just didn't want to let go. Charlie will have had a wonderful life, not many animals have that, & you're experiencing what the Queen so righty described - " Grief is the price we pay for love". The two of you loved Charlie & he loved both of you. Be kind to yourselves.

I'm so sorry, of course you miss him after so many years & you weren't being cruel you just didn't want to let go. Charlie will have had a wonderful life, not many animals have that, & you're experiencing what the Queen so righty described - " Grief is the price we pay for love". The two of you loved Charlie & he loved both of you. Be kind to yourselves.
Thank you.

That’s really touched me, it’s hard to let go isn’t it, they say you have to be cruel to be kind but the thought rips your heart out. I’m thinking about our cats Ebony (past two years ago) and Tigger (past 15 years ago), and our house rabbit Lucky (past three years ago) Ebony and Lucky were rescue animals, they all lived till a ripe old age and when the time came for them to go to sleep, we just couldn’t let them go and like you, kept them as long as possible 🥲🥲🥲
Thank you.

There’s no pain in this world like the pain of losing a furry family member, all they know how to do is love you. I don’t think they’ll know how precious they are and that they leave a huge gap that can never be filled. I’m so very sorry for you loss. 🙏 xx

Just read your message Twirl58, my heart goes out to you too and sorry for your loss 🙏 xx
Thank you.

Oh no, Twirl, so sorry for your loss. Saying goodbye to your four legged friend can't have been easy. Be gentle with yourself. 🤗💗

Our pets have always been faithful, never questioned us ( well maybe sometimes?) never turned against us that is why they are special and always be remembered with love, and from the sorrow of their loss those memories turn to smiles and the laughs of happy times.Just takes time.

I watch The Dog House each Thursday on Channel 4 about Woodgreen Animal Shelter. Matching dogs with new owners. I laugh and have a cry as some stories of dogs. The children are annoying, I want this and that and this and this and this. Usually end up with a totally different dog.

It is coming up to a year since I lost Delilah due to cancer. Okay, she had various medical problems and as a friend said, "That cat costs you a fortune!" So what was my reply. She was 17 slept most of the time, apart from watching out the window and kicking the crap out a toy rat for about 5 seconds a day. But I still think about her and my Zanzi who I had to let go at 18 again of cancer. She kept me sane during the early first lockdown when I was working from home. Yes, people phoned for a chat but having a living being to talk to and cuddle made such a difference.

I watch The Dog House each Thursday on Channel 4 about Woodgreen Animal Shelter. Matching dogs with new owners. I laugh and have a cry as some stories of dogs. The children are annoying, I want this and that and this and this and this. Usually end up with a totally different dog.

It is coming up to a year since I lost Delilah due to cancer. Okay, she had various medical problems and as a friend said, "That cat costs you a fortune!" So what was my reply. She was 17 slept most of the time, apart from watching out the window and kicking the crap out a toy rat for about 5 seconds a day. But I still think about her and my Zanzi who I had to let go at 18 again of cancer. She kept me sane during the early first lockdown when I was working from home. Yes, people phoned for a chat but having a living being to talk to and cuddle made such a difference.

Aw Donna, I’m so sorry 🥲🥲🥲 🙏❤️

Well, she is a Brown Burmese the last of the litter, she was due to go to Dublin but with lockdown not happening. So I was lucky to get her, I really wanted an older cat say 2-8 but none available. Freya was older than normal for kittens to leave their mother because of lockdown. The breeder is the secretary of the N.I. cat society and been breeding Burmese for well over 50 years. So nothing dodgy about her. A friend lost her cat at only 2 brain clots. She paid over £80 for a kitten from a farm full of worms and fleas. She felt so sorry for it told her husband we are taking her, Angel is also deaf.

We took on a rescue cat 2 months ago as we knew that we would need something to fill the void when Charlie went. Charlie was deaf and losing his sight so I don't think that he was even aware of the cat, Milo. I am more of a cat person and have always had one. Millie was our last moggy, we lost her due to a tumour in her nose almost 3 years ago. Anyway we let Milo out this morning for the first time unsupervised and he promptly disappeared. It was the longest 10 minutes of my life until he finally strolled up the garden path. Now he has a taste for it I will spend all of my time worrying about him. He is 2-4 years old, black and white DSH. Apparently his previous owners upped sticks and left him. He is such an affectionate boy but still quite nervous. Bless him.

Latest posts

Back