The Wrong Message Given Out.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
I was just posting in the thread "Decarte Presentation" and this thought came to me to post this thread.
In this age where there is so many youngsters suffering from bulimia nervosa, and the condition now creeping on to older women, I think it is very wrong of the presenters to harp on about their sizes , especially those who are actually very slim.
They are giving out the wrong message. I think they out to give up doing that.

The worst culprit is Catherine Huntly, who moans so much about her size on air.
The other is Julia Robert (those who know me in this forum, know that I always jump to Julia's defence, but in this instance I have to point this fault of hers)
I will still defend her by saying that she has lost a lot of weight and is wearing blinkers , like so many who have lost weight recently, and still sees herself as a smaller size than in real life.
And sometimes I get the feeling that when she says that she is wearing a small, maybe she is trying to give a guide-line on the size range.

Catherine too had been over weight a long time ago and has lost weight with Paul McKenna's help...but in her case, she always moans how she has put on weight or how she has lumps or how her tummy is fat etc on air, when she is very slim and with a body so many will wish for.

So lets not have the presenters moan about their sizes, unless they are doing a program on slimming foods.
Lets also have some models and presenters who are not stick insect sizes who moan about them being fat.

They are fishing for compliments and its tedious to watch.

What they need is the guest to agree with them. That would soon shut them up

I'd like to think that some think they're helping out by saying what size they wear, so that people can compare. But really, anyone who works on TV has to know that it completely distorts a persons size. So it's pointless even if is well intentioned.

The best plan would be to just shut up about it give the measurements. Especially ****** Huntley.

I was just posting in the thread "Decarte Presentation" and this thought came to me to post this thread.
In this age where there is so many youngsters suffering from bulimia nervosa, and the condition now creeping on to older women, I think it is very wrong of the presenters to harp on about their sizes , especially those who are actually very slim.
They are giving out the wrong message. I think they out to give up doing that.

The worst culprit is Catherine Huntly, who moans so much about her size on air.
The other is Julia Robert (those who know me in this forum, know that I always jump to Julia's defence, but in this instance I have to point this fault of hers)
I will still defend her by saying that she has lost a lot of weight and is wearing blinkers , like so many who have lost weight recently, and still sees herself as a smaller size than in real life.
And sometimes I get the feeling that when she says that she is wearing a small, maybe she is trying to give a guide-line on the size range.

Catherine too had been over weight a long time ago and has lost weight with Paul McKenna's help...but in her case, she always moans how she has put on weight or how she has lumps or how her tummy is fat etc on air, when she is very slim and with a body so many will wish for.

So lets not have the presenters moan about their sizes, unless they are doing a program on slimming foods.
Lets also have some models and presenters who are not stick insect sizes who moan about them being fat.

To be honest I cant really see what the issue is , I for example have 1 pair of Jane Norman jeans size 12 , I also have a pair of Levis size 14 , they both fit , I dont buy clothes of the net or the telly because i need to try on , most brands come up different size wise , so trying one is the only way you can guarantee they fit

The other thing to bare in mind is that 5 different women , different weights , heights & shapes CAN all get in a dress for example say size 12 , so I really dont think Julia is saying she is smaller than she is

This is what I like about Kathy Tayler and Debbie Flint - they often tell us what size they're wearing and what their "normal" size is. Sometimes the garment looks far too small and tight but at least it gives us an idea as to how generous or not the sizing is.

Jilly Halliday never mentions her size, is quite big yet still looks nice (maybe because she has a lovely face).

Linda xx

Just one glance at Q models wearing something with sleeves that reaches their wrists tells me that the arms will be down to my knees!

Latest posts

Back