What do you want from your Jewellery Supplier?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you Meeshoo..........very interesting, something else I can look for in my gems. :mysmilie_61:................Now back on Topic,:mysmilie_34:.........
I hate when the presenters spend AGES and AGES waffling on, and I cant stand it when they auction 50, then another 50........then ANOTHER 50.:mysmilie_81:

I'm on a rant now! Rare, rare, rare! I heard you the first time! There is nothing wrong with my hearing - where did you learn to present? The Fred thingy wotsit school of presenting (you know - him off Corrie that used to say everything 3 times over!) And please DO NOT insult my intelligence by using the repeated 'R' word when showing me an amethyst! If it was that flaming rare you wouldn't have so much of the stuff would you! Nor would I be able to buy it in every high street jewellers - even Argos! Phew - must go for a lie down now! Rant over!

I'm on a rant now! Rare, rare, rare! I heard you the first time! There is nothing wrong with my hearing - where did you learn to present? The Fred thingy wotsit school of presenting (you know - him off Corrie that used to say everything 3 times over!) And please DO NOT insult my intelligence by using the repeated 'R' word when showing me an amethyst! If it was that flaming rare you wouldn't have so much of the stuff would you! Nor would I be able to buy it in every high street jewellers - even Argos! Phew - must go for a lie down now! Rant over!

:mysmilie_696: couldn't agree more debsie, the rare rare rare thing is a particular hate of mind, drives me loopy!:mysmilie_73:

now you see this is exactly what i wanted to see on this sight Meshoo that was a brilliant explaination of a window thanks and i agrre the rare thing is a head banger i know Tanzanite will become rare especially if so much of it is being sold tell me if so rare how come everyone one is selling it

now you see this is exactly what i wanted to see on this sight Meshoo that was a brilliant explaination of a window thanks and i agrre the rare thing is a head banger i know Tanzanite will become rare especially if so much of it is being sold tell me if so rare how come everyone one is selling it

Like Tsavorite and Alexandrite they find lower quality stones in other places like neighbouring Kilimanjaro edging countries , I beleive. Alex and Tsav now found in Madagascar and India. One of the commonest gems is Diamond as they find new seams almost daily but the naughty Cartels keep them stocked up to make the rare rare rare and we pay the price.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you all and please...
Can TJC put their earrings in sealed bags so they can be returned if you don't like them,who's going to spend hundreds of pounds on an item if it's non returnable.

I've thought of another really important thing - Quality Control. I ordered a colour change sapphire ring from GTV way back when, and it arrived with a very visible wormhole running just off centre of the main stone - trust me on this - it was huge! As you'd expect I sent it back, they sent a replacement and all was well. But, firstly the stone had been to the cutter, now they must have seen the wormhole, then the polisher, so must they, then the setter, and guess what, they must have been able to see it too - finally to QC who quite frankly should have gone to Specsavers etc. Now GTV could have saved themselves £5.95 p & p sending it out to me, then £5.95 my return cost, then £5.95 to resend it - I'd have had my ring a fortnight sooner and we'd I'm sure have all been happier. This wasn't a one off and has happened with all of the channels - either a wonky set stone, a massive inclusion or others! Better QC please!

Sorry to come in at such a late stage but I want to see accurate lenghts/ring sizes on the web details. I don't watch oin satellite channels and when nI'm watching rocks.tv on line I don't always ahve the sound on. Obviously, I want decent descriptions of gemstones etc too.

Like Tsavorite and Alexandrite they find lower quality stones in other places like neighbouring Kilimanjaro edging countries , I beleive. Alex and Tsav now found in Madagascar and India. One of the commonest gems is Diamond as they find new seams almost daily but the naughty Cartels keep them stocked up to make the rare rare rare and we pay the price.

Not so Mr Jones (sorry). Some of the Indian and Tanzanian Alexandrite are some of the best in the world. In actual fact, the Indian mine is now mined out. There are good and bad quality stones from every locations so it's a bit misleading to say that gemstones from X location are worse in quality than Y. Some Russian Alexandrite is awful!!!

Look at my Avatar - that's a Tanzanian Alexandrite!

Hello everyone, long time no see! This thread is my cup of tea and I'm sure someone has already said it but :

I don't want to be treated like a moron, thanks. I don't want to hear, "Oh no, the computer must have gone wrong, we're losing money on this!" and so on - if the shopping channels were losing money through faulty systems as often as they claim, they'd all be out of business by now!

Hope everyone is well,

N xxx

Not so Mr Jones (sorry). Some of the Indian and Tanzanian Alexandrite are some of the best in the world. In actual fact, the Indian mine is now mined out. There are good and bad quality stones from every locations so it's a bit misleading to say that gemstones from X location are worse in quality than Y. Some Russian Alexandrite is awful!!!

Look at my Avatar - that's a Tanzanian Alexandrite!

Sorry - a generalisation. In my experience Indian Alexandrite lacks the strong colour change capability of good older Ural Russian Alex which is very rarely available these days. I have examined a Russian Alex made into a ring in the early 20th Century and it was astounding. The main thrust of my badly framed post is that stones, once unique to one location, can be found elsewhere. There is Tanzy and Tanzy and a lot of what is sold now is not the rich blue of the alleged AAA but it's amazing how much they still manage to dig up when it's rarity was trumpeted on all channels and still is.

Your Alexandrite would, I suspect, come from the superior Tunduru region of SouthernTanzania and is an exception to the Indian, Burma, Madagascar, ZImbabwe or Singhalese stones (generally of course)

1) Quality..as Debsie said, don't care if spending a fiver or £500 i want a good quality product.
2) Factual and correct information- ie if a stone is hard/soft, if they have been filled, origin of gemstones.
3) Good CS, speedy (ish) refunds on returns. I'm happier buying from a company if i know any problems will be addressed correctly.
4) Disclosure of coatings where applicable.
5) Presenters..not so important an issue, so long as info given is correct and accurate.

I also like sensible pricing.....cos if I think a piece is overpriced or not good value for money then I leave well alone!
Plus all of the above and also a nice profile shot please......as most jewellery is three dimensional. :mysmilie_697:

Hello everyone, long time no see! This thread is my cup of tea and I'm sure someone has already said it but :

I don't want to be treated like a moron, thanks. I don't want to hear, "Oh no, the computer must have gone wrong, we're losing money on this!" and so on - if the shopping channels were losing money through faulty systems as often as they claim, they'd all be out of business by now!

Hope everyone is well,

N xxx

totally agree, i get fed up with being told they are "losing money on this" and "not making a profit"! if they were not making a profit they wouldn't still be in business. either they are very stupid or they think we are!:mysmilie_73:

I also like sensible pricing.....cos if I think a piece is overpriced or not good value for money then I leave well alone!
Plus all of the above and also a nice profile shot please......as most jewellery is three dimensional. :mysmilie_697:

Oh hear, hear Sacha, I love a good profile as the gallery is very important to me. It's so frustrating when they only show the top view, and then try and blind you with the light from it. xxxxxxxxx

I agree that the length of an item is very important as well as all the other points mentioned. I bought a gorgeous marcasite bracelet and was delighted that it actually fitted my skinny wrist but unfortunately there was a stone missing. CS were very helpful and arranged a replacement. I was gutted when the replacement fell straight off my hand being quite a bit bigger. Not sure what to do now - whether to spend more money and get links taken out or to send it back which would be ashame because it's so lovely but all this measuring on air only relates to that particular item what comes out of the warehouse can obviously differ.

thats a bit worrying zevagold! when i buy a bracelet i assume im getting the same length as they have showed on screen, not a pot luck on what length you get!

totally agree, i get fed up with being told they are "losing money on this" and "not making a profit"! if they were not making a profit they wouldn't still be in business. either they are very stupid or they think we are!:mysmilie_73:

I agree and get fed up when they say this price is below cost grab it or take it off my hands!!

I agree that the length of an item is very important as well as all the other points mentioned. I bought a gorgeous marcasite bracelet and was delighted that it actually fitted my skinny wrist but unfortunately there was a stone missing. CS were very helpful and arranged a replacement. I was gutted when the replacement fell straight off my hand being quite a bit bigger. Not sure what to do now - whether to spend more money and get links taken out or to send it back which would be ashame because it's so lovely but all this measuring on air only relates to that particular item what comes out of the warehouse can obviously differ.

That is very unusual. Is it worth checking with CS if the bracelet comes in two different sizes and they have in error sent you the bigger length! Worth a try :)

Latest posts

Back