What happened to my crown?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He's a link to community section on the QVC web site were the auction is mentioned, there's a section below it to make comments.

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/qgossip/film/

I'm not a facebook user but I see someone has asked below the section on the crown auction how much did it go for and no one from QVC has replied to her question.

There is a lot of correspondence on their FB about the crown, asking specific questions, which QVC had not answered last time I looked.

Off out again now to see Elkie Brooks in concert :)

Will replied to me on Twitter saying

"I don't know actually, I'm sure at last count on the night it was over £1000, but not sure where it finished."

There is a lot of correspondence on their FB about the crown, asking specific questions, which QVC had not answered last time I looked.

Off out again now to see Elkie Brooks in concert :)

Have a lovely time at the concert.

omg - i've always said my idea of torture would be an elkie brooks concert.....

pearl's a singerrrrrr...whinnnnnnnne....

:tongue:

Seeing that Julia was one of the main presenters on the night and actually was wearing it at the end of the event, I'm sure she must know all the details.
If she had have been the winning bidder, I'm sure she would have been letting us know and would have been seen modeling it since.

Perhaps it has been an embarrassment on behalf of QVC the fact there wasn't more interest in it and that explains the silence.

From what I saw on the night Lola Rose Nicky made up her auction to a final bid of a 1,000.

As a breast cancer suffer I personally hope the winner intends to take the crown to a more suitable auction house, in the hope it may make more for BCC.

Elkie Brooks was superb! All the tickets for the venue sold out months ago, and the theatre was packed.

She is now 67 but her voice is as good as ever (unlike some who should have retired from singing by then). She put on a very good show, owning the stage, and with her 6 piece band, all excellent musicians.

I last saw her perform live at the same venue about 3 years ago.

Strato I can see losing the crown has upset you so here`s an offer you can`t refuse. When I next visit my grand daughters aged 4 and 6 I`ll ask them to make you a crown of your very own. Far more exclusive than the one on Q and whenever I visit them they usually make me a lovely crown from pink cardboard and coloured sticky bits and hand painted. Don`t wear it in the rain though and it might wilt a bit after a few wearings lol

Elkie B lives in the next village to me, AND we share the same beauty therapist - so when I next see her in the waiting room Strato, I'll tell her you raved about her !!!!!

If you'd had the crown Strato, would you have worn it for her concert? If so, the person sitting behind you got a lucky break! Fate, works in mysterious ways. :hi: Your disappointment, on a serious note, has made for some very interesting reading (12 pages, way to go!). Q must feel uncomfortable, transparency is everything. Wouldn't it be fab if the owner of the crown was a forum member and posted a piccie?

Strato I can see losing the crown has upset you so here`s an offer you can`t refuse. When I next visit my grand daughters aged 4 and 6 I`ll ask them to make you a crown of your very own. Far more exclusive than the one on Q and whenever I visit them they usually make me a lovely crown from pink cardboard and coloured sticky bits and hand painted. Don`t wear it in the rain though and it might wilt a bit after a few wearings lol

Thanks, but will the P&P cost £5-95 though?

Latest posts

Back