What has happened to our English Rose Liz?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She is selling products to make people look better, but if she does not look good herself ............

I often think that when I see JF promoting an eye cream :wonder: ............. just need CE on now promoting hair products with that rock solid hair helmet :thinking:

she does not look botoxed to me.. her face does move a lot,wrinkled eyes and forehead hence more makeup and she is not frightfully thin which some women try to do the teenage skinny aka victoria beckham when they are approaching middle age

I don't think she's had botox! Several of my friends do so I can spot someone who's had it a mile off. I recorded the show and I watched it again this morning and you can definitley see the lines on her forehead and the fine lines around her mouth. Her face had a lot of expression and you don't get that with someone who's had botox and fillers. She was wearing a lot more make-up than usual and apparantly there were so many comments on Liz's "glam look" that the people that run her facebook page gave out details of the cosmetics she was wearing (all from the LE range of course) The soft lighting and the new hairdo obviously helped but there's no denying that she looks great for a woman who's nearly 50.

I read somewhere when someone famous has has some kind of "procedure "done they change there hair to distract from the work they have had done.

I never seem to come out of the hairdresser with the same style. Wonder if people think I'm always having work done. :eek:)

she looks calm and happy for someone who is worth many many millions i would love that look

You would have to be completely stupid to think skincare is going to do anything for you other than moisturise and cleanse so I think it's unrealistic to expect someone who created or fronts a skincare brand to look perfect, as skincare will only go as far as cleanse and moisturise.

Last edited:
You would have to be completely stupid to think skincare is going to do anything for you other than moisturise and cleanse so I think it's unrealistic to expect someone who created or fronts a skincare brand to look perfect, as skincare will only go as far as cleanse and moisturise.

I don't expect them to look perfect. However f they are making outrageous claims about the sikncare and expect us to part with a huge amount of money then ithink its reasonable to expect them to reflect the brand they are promoting . All they do is prove it doesn't work, which saves me money.

I don't expect them to look perfect. However f they are making outrageous claims about the sikncare and expect us to part with a huge amount of money then ithink its reasonable to expect them to reflect the brand they are promoting . All they do is prove it doesn't work, which saves me money.

Now come on ladies (and gents), play fair, play the game, perpetuate the myth - that's what they do.
And why not. It brings in millions of dosh.

First your strip your skin with chemicals & then you grease it up again .... with chemicals.
It's simple. Unclog - clog! Strip & polish!
Go on, slap on the mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, sulfate detergents, parabens, PEGs, PPGs, Urea, DEA, TEA or phthalates .... You know you want to! If you venture out without a moisturiser you will shrivel up like a prune!
I love watching all the skincare presentations on Q just to hear about these miracle lotions and potions. One after another, the so called experts trip them off the tongue. Just because the same line is repeated over & over & just because it is written down a zillion times, doesn't mean it's true. In fact, current thinking is the only worthwhile thing you could put on your skin is sun protection and (faint now Alison Young), unless your skin feel dry, you don't need a moisturiser.
I know!
Blasphemy!
How very dare I!

Last edited:
Now come on ladies (and gents), play fair, play the game, perpetuate the myth - that's what they do.
And why not. It brings in millions of dosh.

First your strip your skin with chemicals & then you grease it up again .... with chemicals.
It's simple. Unclog - clog! Strip & polish!
Go on, slap on the mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, sulfate detergents, parabens, PEGs, PPGs, Urea, DEA, TEA or phthalates .... You know you want to! If you venture out without a moisturiser you will shrivel up like a prune!
I love watching all the skincare presentations on Q just to hear about these miracle lotions and potions. One after another, the so called experts trip them off the tongue. Just because the same line is repeated over & over & just because it is written down a zillion times, doesn't mean it's true. In fact, current thinking is the only worthwhile thing you could put on your skin is sun protection and (faint now Alison Young), unless your skin feel dry, you don't need a moisturiser.
I know!
Blasphemy!
How very dare I!
Well mim (you 43 year old cynic) I do believe you are right. I used to cleanse, tone, moisturise, eye cream, lash stuff, night cream, and all of a sudden i stopped. Couldn't be bothered, one thing slipped out of the routine, then another , and soon i was just washing my face with Elemis, and not even using the clarisonic, just the emma hardie cloth to wipe it off. And nothing has happened to my skin, doesn't feel dry or tight, although it is oily t zone combination, and i don't seem to have aged ten years, no one has noticed anything different and neither have i in my 7 magnification mirror. And guess what i don't use body lotion either, and i don't have dry flacky skin. The thing is i have loads of skin care and creams and serums, and jaw tightners lying around, so what will i do with them, and think of all the money i've wasted buying them and getting sucked into , you need this during the day and this serum. Oh i was foolish listening, but i've learnt my lesson, less is more now :hi:

A friend who worked in the hospital ECG dept. told me that she was with a patient, applying the sticky pads, she said that she had to double check the details as the lady looked so much younger than the date of birth that was on the form. The age was correct so curiosity got the better of her and she had to ask what she used on her skin. The lady told her that for years she had only used rosewater to cleanse her skin, a big bottle she bought from the chemist onto cotton wool pads morning and night. She used a bit of Pond's cream if her skin felt a bit dry and that was it. Of course she could just have been lucky with her skin,good genes etc. but it does make you think.
The lady by the way was in her seventies but looked mid fifties.

****** ell a 7 X magnification mirror, I wouldnt dare

Well mim (you 43 year old cynic) I do believe you are right. I used to cleanse, tone, moisturise, eye cream, lash stuff, night cream, and all of a sudden i stopped. Couldn't be bothered, one thing slipped out of the routine, then another , and soon i was just washing my face with Elemis, and not even using the clarisonic, just the emma hardie cloth to wipe it off. And nothing has happened to my skin, doesn't feel dry or tight, although it is oily t zone combination, and i don't seem to have aged ten years, no one has noticed anything different and neither have i in my 7 magnification mirror. And guess what i don't use body lotion either, and i don't have dry flacky skin. The thing is i have loads of skin care and creams and serums, and jaw tightners lying around, so what will i do with them, and think of all the money i've wasted buying them and getting sucked into , you need this during the day and this serum. Oh i was foolish listening, but i've learnt my lesson, less is more now :hi:

Latest posts

Back