what is the point of "ask a question?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have rarely seen an answer on this section next to the item on the website even though some of them are weeks old.
The answers invariably don't come from Q they come from other customers so if people aren't using the website as its awful since they changed it then they won't be answering the questions either. I haven't posted a review since the website changed as I refuse to log in as I think it's less secure now.

I never bother reading the questions- maybe not many do. There was that thread about the techy guy that always answered questions. Jude spotted him/her and started a funny thread. Can't remember the name now.....

Gadgetguru...from Maynooth? the whole "ask a Q" thing is there to give this individual a purpose!

Jude xx

I never bother reading the questions- maybe not many do. There was that thread about the techy guy that always answered questions. Jude spotted him/her and started a funny thread. Can't remember the name now.....
I know the one you mean lol and if Jude doesn't remember BB will

BB.......

just call me Mezmo the memory woman! But trying to remember why I went into the kitchen and I'm lost!

Jude xx

When it was first introduced,I thought what a really good idea.I thought that people who were selling it (or their company) would be sitting at home and looking at the feedback of their product,and then think oh I'll answer those questions....but as its been said,its nothing of the sort...it is customers opinion.

I too rarely log on their website now (if ever) its just too rubbish to use.I'd never consider going on it to ask a question or write a review even anymore.That said I've only bought 2 things since September :happy: so have no need to really.

Actually I'm currently redecorating a couple of bedrooms at the moment.In the depths of my mind I remembered a Kirstie Allsop throw I really liked and thought I'd scour the internet for it.QVc are actually the only place that have it right now and on a good reduction...but the postage for it was over £10 :down: so I didn't bother.

When it was first introduced,I thought what a really good idea.I thought that people who were selling it (or their company) would be sitting at home and looking at the feedback of their product,and then think oh I'll answer those questions....but as its been said,its nothing of the sort...it is customers opinion.

I too rarely log on their website now (if ever) its just too rubbish to use.I'd never consider going on it to ask a question or write a review even anymore.That said I've only bought 2 things since September :happy: so have no need to really.

Actually I'm currently redecorating a couple of bedrooms at the moment.In the depths of my mind I remembered a Kirstie Allsop throw I really liked and thought I'd scour the internet for it.QVc are actually the only place that have it right now and on a good reduction...but the postage for it was over £10 :down: so I didn't bother.

You're right RD it did have the potential to be good as if you look at some of the questions they were asked the day something was on air/being launched so if Q CS people had been monitoring they could have fed these to the presenters whilst on air or at least the product reps afterwards and then gone back and answered the question - would have led to increased sales! As a cynic I did at times wonder if they avoided some of the questions as they definitely wouldn't have led to a sale!!!

Am obviously in the minority, but I much prefer the new website.
Like the "wish list" option.
Like the fact that it gives me the option of past delivery addresses to choose from, so if it's summat that won't fit through the letter box or I'm likely to be on wrong shift, I can get it sent to in laws with minimum faffing.
Have had no trouble leaving reviews and have actually answered a query or two.
Do miss the days product videos though...... stillcouldn't find them last time I looked.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I do think the wish function is a good idea on the new website, but there are still a few gremlins in there which makes shopping nicer at other websites. I like looking at the clearance section (aboutthe only way I make a purchase now or a good TSV) and I also thought the Q & A section was a great idea, but it is def poorly implemented and as such a waste of time reading/answering. Shame, this is where QVc could really become intereactive, however if they did have representatives from the companies answer questions they would maybe have to eplain just how few natural ingredients are actually in some of their cosmetics/skin care........, or how little gold is in Clogau gold from Welsh origin, or how little weight that gold item they are selling actually has, or.....well you get the picture

I too like the new website, I think it is much better laid out, quicker, and more informative than the old one. I like being able to see at a glance which sizes and colours are available instead of having to go to drop-down menus and find I have wasted my time.I havn't found fault with it yet.
I never look at the customer queries but, many moons ago, I asked a makeup question in the 'Ask Alison' section they used to have.In fact, I asked the same question several times over a period of months, determined to get a reply even though I had lost interest by then, but it was never answered.

Check out secret sales for Kirstie Allsop. The sale may be over now but there was some gorgeous stuff when I looked yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back