What's the most expensive piece of jewellery you've ever bought from QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought the same watch in yellow gold. Wore it less than 10 times and one of the popcorn strands broke where it joind the watch face. Lovely watch but not a lot of use now in the drawer.

Oh what a shame, maybe you could take it to a jeweller to be repaired. I always thought that it was costly to have things altered or repaired at a jewellers, but recently decided to have some things done that were my late mothers and have been pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive it was. (go to a few for a quote though 'cos they vary greatly in my experience). Might be worth it just so that you can wear your lovely watch again Scouser.

Almost forgot

Bought a 14ct yellow gold waterfall/swirl/wrap ring with one carat of tiny diamonds in baguette and tiny round cut stones. I got it on easy pay when it was about £395. I have never taken it off and I bought it more than 10yrs ago. Lost a baguette stone and none of the local jewellers would touch it because the baguettes were not, of course, claw set and once one falls out they all start to ping out as they support each other. My daughter took it to an old jeweller in Hatton Garden who matched the stone and repaired it for £40. Still can't tell which stone was repaired. It is much admired and the diamonds are really glittery. Those were the days eh?

Oh what a shame, maybe you could take it to a jeweller to be repaired. I always thought that it was costly to have things altered or repaired at a jewellers, but recently decided to have some things done that were my late mothers and have been pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive it was. (go to a few for a quote though 'cos they vary greatly in my experience). Might be worth it just so that you can wear your lovely watch again Scouser.

Thanks reflexgirl may take it into a jeweller to see if they can do it.

I bought the same watch in yellow gold. Wore it less than 10 times and one of the popcorn strands broke where it joind the watch face. Lovely watch but not a lot of use now in the drawer.

My silver one did exactly the same. I took it to a jeweller, who sent it away to be soldered. It cost about £20, i wear it a lot but they are so delicate. If. you love it, its worth it.

A Mischa ring for £27 in last clicks and some Honora pearls for £30 that were a super bargain price. I don't wear either very much but I do wear a silver eek pave ring that I think I paid £21 alot. Also a 1ct eek pendant that I got as part of a set with earrings. I'd wanted a pendant like that for years and had considered having a diamond ring changed to a pendant. So glad I didn't as the eek pendant is lovely. I've really enjoyed the eek that I've bought.

Too right about getting quotes. I have a Swiss pocket watch made by Mondaine. Have have it for 10 years and have never paid more than £5-10 to replace battery each year. Went into Timpsons and they said initially would be £9.99, then said £25! Said he needed tto use a high grade battery guaranteed for 12 months! Big deal! It's ALWAYS lasted 12 months! I snatched my watch back and told them to forget it! Went to In-Time in Debenhams, Oxford Street and they replaced the battery for - £9.99 - guaranteed for 18 months! I HATE TIMPSONS! Ripoff merchants they are!

Too right about getting quotes. I have a Swiss pocket watch made by Mondaine. Have have it for 10 years and have never paid more than £5-10 to replace battery each year. Went into Timpsons and they said initially would be £9.99, then said £25! Said he needed tto use a high grade battery guaranteed for 12 months! Big deal! It's ALWAYS lasted 12 months! I snatched my watch back and told them to forget it! Went to In-Time in Debenhams, Oxford Street and they replaced the battery for - £9.99 - guaranteed for 18 months! I HATE TIMPSONS! Ripoff merchants they are!

Brent cross timpsons did the same to me. They wanted £12 for a battery. I thought they'd mis heard me, so ii repeated that i only want 1 battery. They were insistent that was how much it was, so like you i didn't pay the little daylight robbers.
I went into harrow, took it to a little jewellers and it was £5.

Last edited:
Sadly Q no longer sell this range, Black Hills Gold jewellery from Dakota. They sold it all off in clearance at about 50% off late 2011 when I was fortunate to pick up a couple of pieces, came in very handy as a Xmas gift for my DD. Unusual designs with three colours of gold and leaf and tiny grapes detail. Interesting story on the background on how it all came about originally. The price for this piece...£136

You're st reminded me of my Landstrom black hills gold, not from QVC but I think they are part of the black hills family history, didn't the family spilt into 2 groups due to falling out or something? I got mine back in the early nineties.

I have only bought some gold earrings from QVC I think they were under £50. The went back because the design didn't mirror itself. I notice this a lot with their earrings. To me if they are fancy shaped they should be a mirror image when they are in your ears.

My parents bought me a clogau solid gold ingot set with a sapphire for my 40th birthday. It is heavy and nobody I know has anything similar, it was designed for qvc and was £500-600 I think. I love it but due to it being satin finished it cost me more than I would expect when I had to have the bale built up. It had to go off to Birmingham to be finished off. Mind you I suppose it was my fault, I never took it off at night so the bale probably wore down quicker than it would if I took it off!

Who remembers the guy from New York who came over before the Las Vegas guy? The New York guy never came back after 9/11. He had London Blue Topaz earrings named for his daughter.

SharonK do you wear your clogau pendant on a gold chain?
Sure I read somewhere that if you wear a gold pendant on a silver chain it will wear quicker, or perhaps that's the other way about.

Satin finish is really lovely and quite unusual these days.

Yes! That guy from New York with the jewellery. I bought a lovely 14ct gold ruby spray ring from him years ago. The rubies are lovely - clear, not milky and I think I paid £120 for it. People always admire it. You just don't get those kind of deals anymore. Bought a few cheaper gemstone rings too when I had money to spare. Should get them all valued.

CC

Brent cross timpsons did the same to me. They wanted £12 for a battery. I thought they'd mis heard me, so ii repeated that i only want 1 battery. They were insistent that was how much it was, so like you i didn't pay the little daylight robbers.
I went into harrow, took it to a little jewellers and it was £5.

Yes, you definately have to shop around... my Son wanted his lovely Calvin Klein watch repaired and 3 places said £80 plus!! however, hubby took it to a place near where he works and they charged £20.... have one very happy Son lol....

In regards to the original question...... I have not spent a lot on jewellery in QVC, but I did get a moissanite and 18ct gold ring from another shopping channel approx 10 years ago for approx £180 and it is really lovely

I bought quite a few pieces from Q years ago and can`t honestly remember the price I paid for any of them. Mainly earrings, 2 pairs of cognac diamond ones, a beautiful pair of pear shaped dangly amethyst ones with peridot and citrine, a pair of large multi gemstone flower shaped earrings, some green amethyst ones with a matching ring, all of them in gold and all of the settings in a good weight of gold and not hollow. My how things have changed !

I have a lot of silver diamonique, I think the most expensive I've bought is a gold diamonique years ago, paid about £80 I think. My mum used to like the Viva Las Vegas range and bought several because they were different from what you could buy in the high street, she still wears them now.

An AA tanzanite solitaire ring, which I ordered really so I could see what 'premier' tanzanite looked like. I expected to have a quick sneer and send it back. But the minute I opened the box, I though 'What a stunning colour!'. It's never been off my finger since.

Oh, and a South Sea Pearl pendant which was an OTO. Loved it instantly, and wear it every day. I really wish QVC would have a mad moment on their gold South Sea pendant, http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...-ISRC&keyword=604180&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

And I do miss Royal Cognac Diamonds.

Thanks everyone for your replies :handshake:. Glad QVC have provided us with some lovely things. Think it was AllThatGlitters who said you wish QVC would have a mad moment with their South Sea Pearls - me too! I have some tahitian studs I bought Christmas 2007 which I love. I fancied the golden, white and Tahitian bracelet they had a while ago, it went into Last Clicks but the last ones had been clicked before I could get to it :sad:. I have some pieces of Tova Eek which I also love. You just can't find that stuff in genuine gems and precious metal around very much (and most of the stuff that is around is way out of my price range!) Also I remember Royal Congac diamonds - I always fancied some and never got on with buying any...

I know insurance valuations are higher, and that we should buy what we love not necessarily for the value aspect, and that QVC can't guarantee that jewellery purchased from them will increase in value :)giggle:) but I had my platinum earrings valued for reinstatement and they were priced at £980, and that was a couple of years ago, as I said in the OP I paid around £135. I paid £60 for my Tahitian studs and ones of similar quality are trading for £500 in my local high end independent jeweller. Don't expect my Tova Eeek will rocket in value though :grin:

I know there are lots of reviews about stones falling out and poor quality but I can honestly say I have only had two pieces where there a stone has dropped out. One couldn't be replaced as it was no longer in stock and I got a full refund months after I bought it. The other was replaced without any problem.

Some of the bands on the rings are hollowed out but that is usually reflected in the price. But the ring I bough recently has a heavyweight full band. The previous one was a slimmer band but again it wasn't hollowed out.

I have a lot of jewellery ... and I mean a LOT ... bought from various shops and various countries. QVC is definitely amongst my favourite "shops". My favourite style from QVC has to be their sterling silver with semi precious stones.
I like fashion jewellery and QVC allows me to have semi precious fashion jewellery.

I completely understand that some peeps prefer to buy heavyweight gold pieces and wouldn't buy those kind of pieces from QVC. My trouble is I buy those as well!!

i agee you get what you pay for on qvc like everwhere else. i have a beautifull black hills gold ring (forgot to mention it) and it was very expensive at the time but has a lot of gold and is beautifully made. only one ring has lost its stone i i have bought dozens of rings from qvc. if i knew then what i knew now i would have bought more yellow gold as thats my favourite metal now and its quite a bit more expensive.

i dont think qvc sell half as much jewellery as they did in the past its not thier best selling shows now. its beauty i think. but qvc encouraged me to buy jewellery again as they had a lot of choice and nice enough pieces for the money.

I buy jewellery with my heart and not my head. Other than having a quick chat with my local jeweller to get a rough idea on a few pieces I've inherited I've never had anything valued.

Being the family magpie I've inherited lots over the years. Although its not Black Hills gold, I've inherited one ring made from gold my great uncle supposedly panned in Boise Idaho. It's hallmarked 14ct and stamped Idaho. It's a vine and leaves pattern in rose and green gold. He may, of course, simply have bought the ring but its a piece of history. It's heavy but the pattern is worn. It's looks what it is ... an old, loved and well worn piece.

Latest posts

Back