Why do you watch Q?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, that big lemon quartz - my brain refused to see the 3 easy pays added up to the full price! Maybe I won't like it when it comes and the lost P&P will be my punishment!!
It was lovely though :clapping:

Was addicted when we first got Freeview, never turned it off, bought lots of lovely jewellery, skincare, bath/shower stuff, but don't have it on anymore, prices have hiked and it all seems mundane and the drone of their voices makes me go to sleep........zzzzzzzzz

My colleague had a swiss set diamonique ring which I admired, she then told me about QVC. This was in 1999/2000. I started watching for the diamonique shows after this. Bought a few pieces. Then got hooked on all the beauty/jewellery shows. Then after a few years realised I had more make-up then I could ever use.

Now just flick through the channels most days to see if anything interests me, I will then watch them for a few minutes/half an hour. My kids and husband are not fans so tend to watch if at home on my own. Haven't bought anything for a while.

Used to love Prescriptives, Smashbox, Models Prefer and the Dermablend shows, bought this even though I didn't 'need' it!

ETA - Love Liz Earle but now buy from the Liz Earle shop near here.

i too used to love the jewellery it was really different and affordable, I got rather addicted and bought rather a lot!! Then I was ill and couldn't work and it was company during sleep deprived nights and long days of depression. then I went back to work on much reduced hours and pay and their prices also shot up so I do less and less actual shopping and more and more watching in disbelief. Always check it out tho, makes me laugh and I love coming oh here to see if others are laughing at the same things. You usually are! Sometimes it just cheers me up in the morning after I have seen a bit of the always grim news I flick over to Q where all is "lovely" "amazing" "stunning" and "fabulous" and I find it quite comforting in a weird sort of way.

I began watching Q about 12 years ago. I bought some really nice pieces of jewellery but only now and again. Then my husband fell ill and I had to stay at home to look after him until he died and he`d sleep a lot so I watched Q to wile away the long lonely hours. After that Q became another person in my empty house and I watched it for comfort and company and spent too much money buying stuff I didn`t really need. It was something to do when I came home from work and it helped me feel better. That was 8 years ago.
Nowadays I rarely watch it, I might watch odd snippets from certain shows but that`s it and my only purchase this year has been a set of Wintertrax. I use the computer to find better cheaper deals and have also rediscovered the DHS which for all its faults has some good deals around these days and far more choice plus no p and p charges. I can try stuff before I buy, often get free samples of makeup, skincare and perfumes, don`t have to faff around returning stuff by mail and because I can walk away and think about a purchase it means I make fewer mistakes when I do buy something.

I watch it because I want to see my Television live for few years :giggle:

Just for passing the time and getting some new product knowledge.

Latest posts

Back