yap yap yap gab gab gab

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like her.............................Sorry.

So do I. I think "what you see is what you get" with Alison, an unusual and quirky personality and dry sense of humour.

I know she contradicts herself at times but it's because she gallops (sorry!!!) along at a furious pace and doesn't think before opening her mouth. She'd be great company on a girls' night out.

I like the way she mentions her home life in a matter of fact way without boasting about family and possessions IYKWIM.

Linda

Me too, I think the's by far the best thing at QVC and I find some of what she comes out with hilarious, either unintentionally or not. I love how she gets it so wrong sometimes, those prissy dresses, but when she gets it right (recent Mally show I think and she'd had her hair yogi'd) she looks fab. Her 15th anniversary show will live on long in my memory, I can forgive her any amount of claptrap when I think of that chocolate pie episode. I'd love to see her in a Harry Hill fiiiight with Nadine Baggot;-)

I just don't watch her anymore, when last I did, was horrified and couldn't stand her constant barrage. I used to love watching her shows as well. Surely others in the gallery etc must see this style, she deserves to be 'dealt with'. (Ahhh theres me being daft again, thinking that QVC have better standards than just pure sell sell sell at any cost tactics....they must love her!)

The only time I really watch now is the beauty hours but what really gets on my nerves is when the guest is trying to explain how to use a product, especially if its one I haven't used before, and she interrupts with "already 1,000 have sold, jump to the phones or use Qcut or the website", then a few minutes later she says it again. What they should do is have something going across the bottom of the screen that gives stock updates. By then the guest has lost the thread of what he/she was trying to say. I think she is getting worse. I just end up switching over now.

I know I'm the same, I like Ali Y, I think she would be a good laugh in person, but she's lost the plot methinks! I have to wonder how she can say she's the 'Resident Beauty Expert' when she doesnt actually literally give us any bloomin' useful info on the products.

Stock updates are fine but not shouted out at us and and certainly not interupting the guest!

Give us helpful guidance on using the product, or if she cant then shut up long enough for the guest to tell us how to use it!

The hard sell dont work on us hardened shoppers anymore, we just hit the mute button or turn over. :whew:

Latest posts

Back