Yawn! Yawn! Yawn! Boring TSV!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Yet another Northern Nights TSV! Come on now own up - who's cupboards are bulging with bedding?!! :33:

That necklace that Suzy is wearing is a bit of a mistake - keeps drawing me to her crepey old decollette.

Chemistry between her and JR somewhat lacking - think she'd rather be fluttering her eye lashes at Anthony.

Quite tempted to get the tsv in the cream. Normally go for either Peter Reed or Yves Delorme, but they would be more than double the tsv price. Assume that as it's 500tc Egyptian cotton it should be decent quality. :dull:

trust me fulhamphill it will not be the same quality as yves delorme. qvc bedding is a big mistake.
suzy says there is nothing like it in the high street and she is right.

My cupboards are bulging with bedding but not NN and not at those prices either. I buy my bedding in the sales at Debenhams or other good department stores but I would never pay those prices for something to sleep on, to me it is far to expensive especially in the current financial climate when some people are struggling to live day to day.

bettyboo ypou would be struggling to keep it looking good everyday.debenhams does fantastic bedding that looks the part..

If my cupboard was bulging with NN bed linen there would be pilling bits galore all over the house!!!! Rather get mine from Asda. Love my Featherbed and pillows but pass on the sheets.

I buy mine from TK MAXX - great bargains and pretty too, not just boring colours !

AND AND AND, who in this world would publicise the thread count to anyone !! Whether its family or friends sleeping over, a clean, fresh smelling sheet be it 150 or 500 thread count, is FAR more important. So who cares whether you have paid £20 off the market or £100 off QVC !!!!

I watched the launch last night but didn't buy. I was tempted by the set of pillows they aired, but they seem to get mixed reviews on the website. Has anyone here bought them? May be best to wait until I am fully mobile again so I can have a look in the stores.

I take no notice of NN bedding. I hate the way they charge the same for all sizes. Fine if you have a Super King or whatever they call it but not very good value if you have a smaller bed, not that their prices are cheap anyway!!! :rolleyes:

I have 3 sets of Northern Nights bedding after I fell for all the thread count rubbish. And it is rubbish. I have to admit I have now reverted back to my cheap £20 duvet set which I got from a local store. My John Lewis cotton mix sheets have had better wear than the 100% 300TC stuff from NN.

I bought my first set of NN bedding earlier in the year. Mostly swayed by the 2EZ pays and the no P&P. It's nice enough, soft etc and seems to have washed well, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what all the fuss is about with NN TBH. Think I will stick with HOF/JL/M&S as I usually do and stock up at sale times.

I watched the launch last night but didn't buy. I was tempted by the set of pillows they aired, but they seem to get mixed reviews on the website. Has anyone here bought them? May be best to wait until I am fully mobile again so I can have a look in the stores.

Don't waste your money tangle foot I have had two different NN pillow types not the cheap ones either and they're carp! they go flat in a week, gone back to my tempur now just use the feather ones to dress the bed :rock:

I have quite a few sets of NN's, but I have had a set of cotton Dorma sheets for the summer and I am very pleased with them (no idea what thread count they are).I don't think I will be rushing back to NN's until they drop the price and give us just plain flat sheet sets, I can't be doing with trying to iron the fitted sheets.

Don't waste your money tangle foot I have had two different NN pillow types not the cheap ones either and they're carp! they go flat in a week, gone back to my tempur now just use the feather ones to dress the bed :rock:

Thank you AJC-C!

Got to admit, I like NN flannel bedding and it's never pilled for me.

BUT I always buy from the outlet - have never paid full price. Did buy a set of Egyptian cotton 300 from there, and found it too hot in Summer - the flannel feels cooler to me!

Ali x

I have several NN sets, both cotton & flannel, and I do think they are good quality. I do find the flannel pills terribly though, in spite of Susie's protestations to the contrary.
However, I think they could bring us some more inspired designs and colours, then I might be tempted. I am tired of cream/ivory/beige, it's dull, dull, dull!

What happens when they get to a 1000 thread count?:cheeky:

I love my NN bedding but have always bought at reduced prices and have found that the elastic in the bottom sheets does go loose quite quickly.

did not even bother airing the flimsy overpriced tsv after a while a done deal..
now they are trying to shift non crumply bedding. pardon me but the dreaded high street have been doing non crumply bedding for many decades and sorry high thread count aint everything.over hyped codswollop!!its embarrasing to watch slating the high street when its 'sheets' ahead. lol:confused2:

did not even bother airing the flimsy overpriced tsv after a while a done deal..
now they are trying to shift non crumply bedding. pardon me but the dreaded high street have been doing non crumply bedding for many decades and sorry high thread count aint everything.over hyped codswollop!!its embarrasing to watch slating the high street when its 'sheets' ahead. lol:confused2:

I know what you mean - what is the High Street, ruddy every shop from Harrods to Tesco - it makes me laugh when they talk about supermarket sheets!

Latest posts

Back