Zumba TSV - 1st January 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for the info and link to Amazon website. Really wanted to get Zumba to try out at home. Was thinking of getting today's QVC but have saved myself a tenner and got an extra DVD to boot! Brilliant :)

A minute between posts C, goodness, it takes me longer to put my cup down. Now, the damage is done, but please lock yourself away TV free whilst doing the ironing. :whew: :bear: :nod:

Haha!! That was quick wasn't it?! I haven't actually bought it yet, just disappointed that I am considering it :-/ hehe! But you're right, ironing and tv don't go together for me :(

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

Bought the Zumba set on Amazon, tried it once and decided it wasn't for me (too fast and complicated!) so sold it on Ebay and only lost a couple of £.
I prefer Leslie Sansone's 'Walk at Home' system, far easier to follow and not so grating on the nerves as the Zumba Instructors.

My sister has bought it and has told me I must go round to hers and have a go ! It's worth a try - I'm working at the Olympic Park in the summer and need to shift 3 stones to look half-way decent in their vile polyester uniform ! yuk

Just seen a photo on air on a TSV hour I'd recorded and it had Anne Dawson on her hols before Zumba'ing, how much weight has she lost since taking this up, does anybody know. I was considering purchasing an Xbox game called Fitness Evolve but wondering now about the Zumba instead. Any ideas guys???

I bought the Zumba set from Amazon a couple of months ago and I have to say, I still LOVE it. I do the 'express 20 minutes' five times a week at the moment, though I have had a break over Christmas and can't wait to start again tomorrow. If you like to dance it's a great way of keeping fit, even if you're not very good it doesn't matter, nobody can see.

Saw AD doing Zumba on the 11pm show and have to congratulate her. She made a really decent stab at it- far better than a certain other presenter who is reportedly a trained dancer.

Yes AD was fab :clapping: on that show Gemma, she has good natural rhythm and genuinely looked to be having lots of FUN!! :rock: She threw herself into it without the constraints of posing for the camera all the bliddy time, unlike you know who. :rolleyes:

Someone on the facebook page pointed out something I have thought when watching the demos. She was shocked after buying and then realizing that the speed they seem to be going on air is not the speed you actually need to do it at. She tried it could not keep up and got lost so returned. I know I keep thinking WOW that is very different from the classes I have gone to. Wonder if they don't want to frighten people and do it in slow mo.

Someone on the facebook page pointed out something I have thought when watching the demos. She was shocked after buying and then realizing that the speed they seem to be going on air is not the speed you actually need to do it at. She tried it could not keep up and got lost so returned. I know I keep thinking WOW that is very different from the classes I have gone to. Wonder if they don't want to frighten people and do it in slow mo.

That's the problem I have with the Wii Zumba in that it goes so fast straight away. One Zumba kit is enough though and even though I saw a couple of shows yesterday wasn't tempted.

I hadn't looked at this thread beforehand and only looked today out of interest as to how many forumites bought it however seeing the comments about it being cheaper at Amazon jogged my memory that someone I worked with recently said that her mum bought her this from Costco as it was half price there. Not sure if it was just a special at the time but worth a look if anyone has access to Costco.

The DVDs seem, to me, to be at full pelt but, I too, thought the demo in the studio was slow. And, to be honest, I don't think they necessarily reflect the moves either. But I wonder whether having that many people dashing about on screen might be a bit hard on the eye of the viewer and that is why they've done it.

Saw AD doing Zumba on the 11pm show and have to congratulate her. She made a really decent stab at it- far better than a certain other presenter who is reportedly a trained dancer.

if she's been doing it for a year she ought to be good at it surely??

the dvds i got on ebay are MUCH faster than the qvc demo. apart from the intro dvd, impossible to keep up. i also don't get the part about 'you can just do as much as you feel able' - wouldn't you get totally lost if you didn't keep up? i dunno, i may be totally wrong but i just see zumba as the current fad that in a year's time, everyone will have forgotten about.

I just couldn't keep up with the Zumba DVDs and ended up feeling like a complete failure because of the constant reminding by the presenters that its easy and how much everyone loves it and you do as much as you can. It was way too fast for me and I only tried it once. I subsequently sold it on Ebay. I am thinking of joining a class though, perhaps thats more enjoyable and you really can do it at your own pace.

On AMAZON you can buy the full set including the sticks for £24.99. Zumba Wii is also cheap at £17.99

I thought the demo in the studio actually looked and felt a bit slower than the classes I have gone to, and those were half younger ones like me and half pensioners. I like the 20 minutes quick one but it's a rare day that I can motivate myself to do the 60 minutes cardio dvd (which is the same series of moves as my Zumba class was), I just rarely have the time.

Although they were saying otherwise on the presentation, I think you do need to either be able to dance or at least to like dancing to enjoy this. You can do the DVD is you're not very coordinated when it wouldn't be easy to do a class. You'd feel a complete noodle!

I have the original TSV and do the 20 minute workout two or three times a week alongside other exercise. It suits me and it's a damned sight cheaper than a monthly gym membership.

Although they were saying otherwise on the presentation, I think you do need to either be able to dance or at least to like dancing to enjoy this. You can do the DVD is you're not very coordinated when it wouldn't be easy to do a class. You'd feel a complete noodle!
I've been doing it since the first TSV arrived on advanced orders, so since about June. I love doing it. I anticipated doing it the recommended 3 times a week but now do it 5 days a week first thing in the morning! I have no dance training (unless you count bopping beside my handbag or a bit of 'Fame' copying as a teenager). I have no idea whether I'm any 'good' at it, but enjoy doing it. And, yes, I do think you need to at least like dancing to keep at it.

Having said that, it's the only exercise I've kept at. I can see and feel a difference in my body (and others have seen it too), in terms of both weight and shape, but the biggest difference has been in my self-confidence. Not just in that I have lost weight and toned up (although, that certainly helps), but because I have become more confident in how my body moves (and the fact that it moves at all in a rhythmic way!). I love Zumba. No, it's not for everyone, but if it is your 'bag', then it can really work wonders.

Anne has gone home poorly now but did anybody catch how much weight she has lost since Zumba'ing, I enjoyed watching her do her hours yesterday she gave it her all and was clearly thoroughly enjoying herself.

Well, I gave in and ordered it! I am really looking forward to it now. I know I could have saved money buying it elsewhere, but I want to make full use of the mbg.

I am a bit concerned about the pace, and whether my little brain will cope with the multitasking (can't do that!) but I am excited about having a go. I need to find something I enjoy doing, have needed to for years, so am hoping this is the one for me :D

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back