Beauty Bash Prize Draw

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It is also possible that they are people who buy in large quantities from QVC for the purpose of selling on eBay. that could well be why they got their tickets. if that is what they do, then no doubt they would also sell part or all of their goody bag.

the elemis tsv is back funny i like the body oil though the smell brings me back to my youth lol

Its like SpaceNK events, you get this massive goodie bag with full size products and half sizes. Next thing bits are sold on ebay or even the full goodie asking prices around £100. I would say they will have more chance of selling if split up into individual items.

Oooh, I'm a self confessed perfume junkie, so what's it like? I love lalique's fleur de cristal. It's a bit like LE's toner smell wise. I even have a spray when I can't get to sleep it's so soothing and pleasurable.

Hard to describe. The lemon in it is very subtle so it definitely does not smell zingy or zesty. It is not as light as Fleur de Cristal, but not as heavy as something like chanel no 5. I am struggling- it IS fresh but it is a comforting smell. It has Jasmin so it is floral, but when you smell it you go "mmmmmm" because its a comforting, warm floral, with a very light touch of spice. You know when you walk into a room and someone has been baking and the room smells yummy- it has that kind of comforting effect on me. But it's not a "typical" floral.

Barbs- help me out here! It's bloomin hard to describe a smell. Suffice to say I bought a bottle- I am going to have it for work too- it's definitely a day time scent that is grown up enough for the evening. If a perfume could possibly tick all the boxes whilst being very difficult to describe at the same time, this is it. Hats off Lulu and the perfumier who helped you with this.

Last edited:
I have that Weathergirl and i liked it, used it at work and it lasted very well
I tested this on the day and both my 17 yr old daughter and I loved it. I'm not that surprised because I love the fragrance of Lulu's products anyway - very relaxing/soothing.

It is also possible that they are people who buy in large quantities from QVC for the purpose of selling on eBay. that could well be why they got their tickets. if that is what they do, then no doubt they would also sell part or all of their goody bag.
You could be right, shame as the BB experience would be great for those that genuinely want to try things for their own use!

Hard to describe. The lemon in it is very subtle so it definitely does not smell zingy or zesty. It is not as light as Fleur de Cristal, but not as heavy as something like chanel no 5. I am struggling- it IS fresh but it is a comforting smell. It has Jasmin so it is floral, but when you smell it you go "mmmmmm" because its a comforting, warm floral, with a very light touch of spice. You know when you walk into a room and someone has been baking and the room smells yummy- it has that kind of comforting effect on me. But it's not a "typical" floral.

Barbs- help me out here! It's bloomin hard to describe a smell. Suffice to say I bought a bottle- I am going to have it for work too- it's definitely a day time scent that is grown up enough for the evening. If a perfume could possibly tick all the boxes whilst being very difficult to describe at the same time, this is it. Hats off Lulu and the perfumier who helped you with this.

Its got pink peppercorns in it, but hey i can't describe perfumes. As you say you could wear it to work, or going out etc, very versatile. Not so strong you "oohh" but it lingers well. Or you could wear it with a little white blouse and jeans, or a LBD going out on an evening (LOL)

WeatherGirl you're very good at describing, cause you notice these smells and notes, i just spray it on and go, yes i like it, or no. I have a Tocca one somewhere, but can't find it at the minute. I also bought the Judith W Kisses which i loathe, its sickly and i use it as a room spray,

I think QVC should send samples out to all customers not just the chosen few with orders. Looking a ebay seems a lot of people hoping to make lots of ££££££££££.

I understand that DJ and agree with you. But if QVC policy is to reward high spenders with tickets to the BB than what happens is inevitable.
My real point was to say that there were legitimate ways that the sellers on eBay may have got their stock other than the suggestion from Preebs.

the elemis tsv is back funny i like the body oil though the smell brings me back to my youth lol

This was actually one of my best beauty buys. The body wash is devine, the cleanser is so nourishing. In fact, the oil is the one thing I haven't tried yet. I would highly recommend this kit for this time of year.

I understand that DJ and agree with you. But if QVC policy is to reward high spenders with tickets to the BB than what happens is inevitable.
My real point was to say that there were legitimate ways that the sellers on eBay may have got their stock other than the suggestion from Preebs.

Yes JBD I too agree with your final point and tbh that probably wouldn't bother Q as they are still getting the sales they need! As long as they realise that's what's happening - that to a percentage of their market they are no longer a retailer just a wholesaler - they'd need to factor that in when ordering as the market will already be saturated to some extent which could affect the number who order next time. Classic example was the last Elemis TSV!

As a bit of a PS - should we read anything into the fact there was no Bobbi Brown stand at the bash, nor Mally? Well if there was, they were well hidden!

Apparently Mally's absense was only down to the fact that she was on air that day and had to fly home to her kids soon after.

Bobbi Brown probably consider themselves far too high end for the beauty bash. The fact they deign to appear on Q amazes me!

Bobbi Brown have been at the previous incarnation of the beauty bash, the New Year New You event, had to badger them for freebies though, I think I got a mini lipstick and a mini gloss on a separate occasion. The BB bloke was doing make-up on customers so wasn't really available to talk to and the two girls seems almost horrified that I wanted to test the eyeliner pot and brush on the back of my hand.

The biggest turn-around has to be the comments about L'Occitane's Alexis. For many years she was stingy with samples (I've been given better samples at their shops) and was miserable looking and wouldn't be drawn into any conversation. She's either had an epiphany, a personality transplant or realised she wasn't presenting a very attractive image for the brand. Remarkable transformation!

Jude xx

see how useful shopping tv forum is to qvc it gave alexsis a personality transplant and better goodies to boot.

Hi

New here .

Went to the BB for the first time.

I'mpressions

Well Fiona was very different to on the TV . Slimmer, petite , lovely hair and pretty . Her eyes are nice on TV , but she looked much more glamorous in the flesh. I have never liked her fringe, but with her hair down it looked good. Very friendly to talk to . Told her she looked better and she said lots of people had told her that . Took it with humour .

Alison . Didn't see her very close up , but good skin and much slimmer . Various reps said she was lovely , good skin, was easy going re what make up they put her in and was more interested in her horses .

Gossip. Well spoke to one make up artist . Got into the subject of Botox. He said Alison, when saying some presenters had it, was being naughty. Apparently it's in their contracts that they are not allowed to ! Also any appearance changes , like hair, Thye have to have ok to do . Alison Y was once told to cut her hair .

Oh and Tiffany is a laugh, but causes them problems as she has so much work done . Each time they come to use her, someone else has been done . Lips causes problems as it affects ow the lippie looks, so they don't like work done .

Oh and Tom from Alpha H was very helpful and didn't try to push loads of products .

Loved the root lift and hairspray from Lulu . The stylists used it on my hair, very good .
Perfume good as well.

Had the RCM. Two days later it had chipped . Had been tempted as liked the fact it dries so quickly .

How do I take it off as don't have their stuff ?

Hi and thanks Diamoneek Lil! Hope you weren't one of the flour-faced ladies my mum described!

Welcome!

Latest posts

Back