Alison Young goes to USA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh no we are not exporting our Ali surely? As for screeching--I think she will fit in very well!
I don't want any backlash from over there, am going later this year & we Brits were such Heroes with the Americans after the Olympics.I started to feel I had organised the games myself ( in between tea with the Queen)

Kevin is all yours Leighton. As long as he doesn't do a Seven.:giggle:

I can see the what Molton Brown on QVC US outrage now.

SpaceNK have been on since early last year. Nicky Kinnard who started the brand and shops appears on QVC US.

the us is a huge market shows though that there is no loyalty to it being a british brand and how greedy some of the vendors are i.e bobbi brown not doing tsv's here

Kevin is all yours Leighton. As long as he doesn't do a Seven.:giggle:

I can see the what Molton Brown on QVC US outrage now.

SpaceNK have been on since early last year. Nicky Kinnard who started the brand and shops appears on QVC US.

Thanks!! He might do when he sees how many rose petals we're going to need!!

Would love to see some 'new' brands here, might shake some of the others out of what seems like complacency, same/similar TSVs and same old same old. Hope we get a few try me kits of new brands.

I wonder how big HerEntourage is. So she's spending Easter over there. Did Hubby go too? Well, it proves, she's not fallen foul of the law, if US Immigration have let her in (past guests haven't filed AggravatedAssault/GuestSlapping charges). :wink:

I remember the last time she did it, she was all 'glammed up' for the shows. When she got back she told us she'd been reapplying her Elemis mask thoughout the journey to make sure her skin didn't dehydrate on the flight.

I'd love to see her on the Molton Brown show - talking about how she wouldn't be without it in her shower, blah, blah but glossing over the fact it's no longer *actually* available from QVC UK.

I hope they've paid for someone to style her and give her a good scrubbing up. Perhaps someone will "lose" her luggage en route so that they can find something proper to dress her in.

Wonder will Molton Brown be winging it's way back to QVCUK then?

Surely,in the present climate,it would be in their interests to do so?

They couldn't be making anything like they used to,nowadays.

Funnily enough, my local Molton Brown shop closed down - I don't think I was ever in there when another customer was present - the staff used to pounce on you as soon as you walked through the door. The L'Occitane shop on the other hand is still thriving, despite several deparment stores also stocking it and the 10% off weekends becoming increasingly frequent (including Debenhams with their Beauty Points deal). Funny how QVC was okay for their brand image whereas it just wasn't 'right' for MB. :giggle:

Wonder will Molton Brown be winging it's way back to QVCUK then?

Surely,in the present climate,it would be in their interests to do so?

They couldn't be making anything like they used to,nowadays.

I think they might be finding it quite tough - the shop on Kings Rd closed ages ago and the one on South Molton St has also now gone.

We still have two stand alone MB stores and a very large counter in House of Fraser. I think Belfast is the same size as Manchester.
I find this slightly weird!!!!

Will they come back to QVC UK? Their Japanese owners have made no moves even though double perhaps a triple dip recession. Makes me think no. We all have the rose tinted vision of old Molton Brown and the deals we got. If they can back to QVC UK, the prices would be equal to say L'Occitane TSVs around the £60 mark.

Remember how we used to whine about the endless Heavenly Gingerlily?:giggle:

they do try to invite customers to events and e-mail offers etc but its not the same as when they allied with qvc. the stores always empty and as said stores closing not good. my dd bought me a candle in bicester village that had a tiny thin wick that could not melt the wax pool. the palaver and numerous phone calls to get a replacement makes me know this company is in a lot of trouble

She is doing British Beauty shows on the US channel!

Not sure I'd want her to be the face or style of British beauty if I was introducing a product to the US market. We're already known for doing frump and American presenters are always so well-groomed.

It always amazes me how US tv Breakfast presenters never have baggy eyes, dark circles, unruly hair, or "can't be arsed" outfts; ours always look like they've got in from a rough night out.

I come from the days after Molton Brown left so I don't know first hand of their legendary status on QVC in days of yore, but I hope they don't come crawling back now they're realised they made a big mistake. Huge! Serves 'em right and let that be a lesson to the others. Is that mean? Probably. Am I just jealous I didn't get tons of shower gel and bath stuff for a few quid? Probably.

Latest posts

Back