Cbd oil on qvc uk!? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loujareth View Post
    CBD oil is an absolute minefield, I've been taking it for nearly a year and have only just got my head round strengths and dosages as different places use different desciptions. QVC's offering is fairly strong and no surprise here, at that stregnth costs more than most other places. It works for me, I have Trigemninal Neuralgia, one of the most painful conditions a person can have. The NHS has put me on 5 different medications, mostly epileptic drugs and I get side effects from all, normal pain killers including opioids have no effect on TN so I am grateful for CBD oil. My doc knows I use it and didn't balk or comment, the NHS have medical marijuana approval now but they won't give it out. It does work if taken correctly, at dosage that suits your condition and helps BUT and it this is really significant and explains the confusion, it doesn't work for all, so as the adage goes, what works for some, won't work for others. CBD oil has been proved to have a real effect on epilietic and neurological conditions.
    Oh gosh, you have my sincerest sympathy - a friend of mine has TN and I know what a truly hideous condition it is :(
    She's considering going privately to have brain surgery, the pain and attacks are so extreme...
    So I'm glad that CBD oil gives a little relief...

I have neuropathic pain but luckily for me a morphine derivative and epilepsy drugs do help me - and the side effects are bearable and worth it most of the time.

My 14 year old niece has Compiex regional pain syndrome and they've tried everything to help her pain and other symptoms but nothing is working. Then at her team review appointment last week they suggested she start CBD oil. They can't prescribe it but are sort of telling her to take it. But it's a minefield and not sure where to start really...
    I wouldn't buy it from QVC without a lot more information provided!
    Thanks loujareth thanked for this post
    Likes alter ego , maymorganlondon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Q goes to a 'bandwagon' confarance, and see which latest ones it can ride. Whilst popular now, until it has been fully tested and deemed 'safe', will I only then try it. I am on medical painkillers and have been for a while, I don't however feel that this 'herbal strength' is going to be strong enough (or the right strain) for what I need. Suppose as always it is 'horses for courses' (not horse-meat obviously as that would clearly be wrong)!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yorkrose26 View Post
    I wonder if Q goes to a 'bandwagon' confarance, and see which latest ones it can ride. Whilst popular now, until it has been fully tested and deemed 'safe', will I only then try it. I am on medical painkillers and have been for a while, I don't however feel that this 'herbal strength' is going to be strong enough (or the right strain) for what I need. Suppose as always it is 'horses for courses' (not horse-meat obviously as that would clearly be wrong)!!
    I'm sure they do - we see them racing to catch up with all sorts of trends. Clearly, it seems to me, they never stopped to question the wisdom or ethics of getting into providing this product. This does not appear to be a simple supplement at all, based on the excellent information posted by other forumites. The true main benefit of this product appears to be as a tacitly supported medical supplement for those sufferers who have found little to no relief from pain.

I think we can all appreciate the irony that medical professionals know this choice is out there for their patients, but cannot officially prescribe or recommend it... instead they have to offer options which are less effective and have more side-effects. How often have we, or our loved ones, ended up with a cocktail list of medications? The first one to treat the actual symptoms, and the subsequent ones to treat the side-effects of the previous medication!

More research is undoubtedly needed, so they fully understand who is likely to benefit the most, and who is likely to be at risk from taking the product. And I can definitely say that I wouldn't want to be taking a product such as this unless my medical professional was aware at least... it would be better if it could be taken fully supported by a medical professional. I'm sure that day will come, so it's understandable that if you are in intense and/or chronic pain situations, that you would do your own research and take the plunge.

If this can be beneficial to a group of people who cannot get pain relief from any conventional options, and with fewer side effects, I do believe it should be properly available to them as soon as possible. But I believe it is irresponsible for retailers to be selling it without being able to provide any clear information for legal reasons.
    Likes Totally Loopy Lou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

This report in The Observer (Sunday 14 July) makes interesting reading.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-oil-yorkshire

I know where I'd prefer to get my CBD oil from (and it's not QVC!).