Chuntley’s new haircut

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a few early pieces and the quality is pretty good but I haven’t bought/been given any for many years and I was never into the brooches anyway.

I have two of the little fairy pins. One has clear stones on the wings, the other pink stones. Very simple compared to what he sells now, I think they are only about an inch and a half in length, the wings no wider. I always had people asking about them. Someone once asked where I got the roller skating angel? The fairy stands on three tiny stars. I did look closely and yes it did sort of look like she was on roller skates.

I used to have a brooch from Avon cost under £5, it was a dragon fly with blue stones on it. Always got asked about it and I had it for about 15 years before one of the bigger stones came out.

I admit I love brooches on coats, they are fairies, dragon flies. I have tiny one in 9ct gold with amethyst stones. One was a bee in a pewter colour and people used to ask why I had a bluebottle brooch?o_O

I didn’t but have just been for a look. Oh, dear….in the “gold” absolutely not and in the “silver” with the black enamel it looks more like a skunk…..
Trigger warning for Butcher & wilson fans:

I think one of them actually may have sold out. It does look like a skunk & S didn't like that being mentioned (designer FU'd?) At best it's a chipmonk - worst a squnk.

Who buys this nasty tat? I fess that I liked the ruby slippers. Now, about that Octopus....... (WTF & Why? )

If you have any of the original B&W brooches (including dancing couple), they were much better quality and some of them do re-sell at big prices. The more recent ones are cheap tat. I have to confess I bought that little monkey brooch holding the pearl and I liked it but it seems to have run off and joined the circus, never to be seen again. No idea what I did with it.

CC
It'll show up in a place where you don't expect it to be.

I have two of the little fairy pins. One has clear stones on the wings, the other pink stones. Very simple compared to what he sells now, I think they are only about an inch and a half in length, the wings no wider. I always had people asking about them. Someone once asked where I got the roller skating angel? The fairy stands on three tiny stars. I did look closely and yes it did sort of look like she was on roller skates.

I used to have a brooch from Avon cost under £5, it was a dragon fly with blue stones on it. Always got asked about it and I had it for about 15 years before one of the bigger stones came out.

I admit I love brooches on coats, they are fairies, dragon flies. I have tiny one in 9ct gold with amethyst stones. One was a bee in a pewter colour and people used to ask why I had a bluebottle brooch?o_O
Some of the tops they are selling on QVC have huge insects emblazoned on the front, which are supposed to look like bees,but to me look like flies. Your brooches sound more understated than the ones they were showing the other day. It beats me why anyone would want to wear a piece of jewelry or a top with a scull design. I simply don't get it. According to what they say, however, they always sell out fast

I used to wear brooches on my coats, but for some reason got out of the habit. Not worn one for ages. I shall have to dig them out and use them again.

I used to wear brooches on my coats, but for some reason got out of the habit. Not worn one for ages. I shall have to dig them out and use them again.
The Queen always wears a brooch from her massive collection and they look beautiful, as they should, considering the stones are real. However, she wears them fairly high on her shoulder which looks so much better (and is probably the accepted way to place them) than how QVC models wear them, that is, low at the breast.

Although the queen often wears them with a patterned outfit I think they look much better against a plain background when she wears them with one of her bright coats.

Latest posts

Back