Cracker present?!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amelia

Registered Shopper
Jf just suggested a Gossip watch as a cracker or table present for £11.25!

She'd hate to see what I put in my Christmas Crackers!

Yep, it flies out and lands in your drink! Better wrapped around a napkin instead of a napkin ring and forget crackers.

What else? Did she suggest buying them a Lulu Guinness bag to take it home in? I wouldn't be surprised.

The gifting ideas get more & more daft in the pursuit of a sale.That is why I watch for a few minutes at a time & my purchases non existent in the run up ( endless months) to Christmas.Then I miss some gems which can take on any top comedy show. How can I exist without a gifting drawer in case my neighbours cousin 10 times removed walks past my house or the ex Mother-in-Laws hairdresser's daughter passes me as I shop on the dreaded High Street?

They seem to think everything is fair game for the dreaded 'gifting'(a word I now hate with a passion).Christmas lights ready boxed for wrapping.Vacuum cleaners,skin moisturising sets are just a few I've heard, though how a vac' would fit in the gifting drawer heaven knows.They probably don't spend that kind of money on 'gifting'at all but make us think we should be ...... of course it's all about selling and money.

Alexis came up with a classic the other day,buy Loccitane as a gift for your dog walker.:mysmilie_51:

I heard that! She was so desperately trying to come up with as many recipient types as possible so we would make multiple TSV purchases.

In the Wonderful World of Q you don't have a 'gifting drawer', you have a Gifting Room in your mansion.

They seem to think everything is fair game for the dreaded 'gifting'(a word I now hate with a passion).Christmas lights ready boxed for wrapping.Vacuum cleaners,skin moisturising sets are just a few I've heard, though how a vac' would fit in the gifting drawer heaven knows.They probably don't spend that kind of money on 'gifting'at all but make us think we should be ...... of course it's all about selling and money.

Well, it's not too late. Get yourself down the Estate Agents as soon as they open today, and put your name down for either a mansion or a converted windmill (as per Moira C). Then you, too, can have a Gifting Room... On the other hand, if anyone couldn't give a stuff about gifting all and sundry, or spouting carp about spending £15 on every gift they put in Christmas crackers, then they needn't bother. I personally will be taking the "don't bother" option.

Of course silly me.I wouldn't know as I don't live in a mansion like our QVC friends.

I have a gifting room. It is the spare bedroom. It is also the library (pile of books to read on table and a small bookcase) and the ironing room.

Surely the whole point of crackers is how naff they are, and that's what makes them fun. The terrible joke and naff toy you mess around with at the dinner table and then throw away never to be seen again.

Ah, Ellaaa, you've got a lot to learn - haven't you listened carefully to the pronouncements from The Wonderful World of Q? Naff presents in your Christmas crackers? Wash your mouth out with soap and water and learn the error of your ways!:mysmilie_17:

Surely the whole point of crackers is how naff they are, and that's what makes them fun. The terrible joke and naff toy you mess around with at the dinner table and then throw away never to be seen again.

Ah, Ellaaa, you've got a lot to learn - haven't you listened carefully to the pronouncements from The Wonderful World of Q? Naff presents in your Christmas crackers? Wash your mouth out with soap and water and learn the error of your ways!:mysmilie_17:
Indeed! I also have no children so I don't have any teachers to give gifts to, I am an only child so have no sisters to give gifts to, I don't have a dog so have no dog walkers to give gifts to, and worse still - I've never met my postman so have no postman to give a gift to.

No gift cupboard at Ella towers! Just a cupboard stashed with boxes of value Christmas crackers :mysmilie_17:

We also have a spare bedroom that's full of "stuff", so yours sounds like ours! Husband says it reminds him of those TV programmes about the homes of obsessive hoarders.... I remind him that his garden shed looks exactly the same! :mysmilie_19:

I have a gifting room. It is the spare bedroom. It is also the library (pile of books to read on table and a small bookcase) and the ironing room.

Latest posts

Back