Davina McCall Coming to Q....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm a great advocate of walking. If I'm in a temper - I walk. If I'm flummoxed - I walk. At lunchtimes at work, I walk. I huff and puff (a lot). I glow (well, sweat). But it gives me the boost of energy to get through the afternoon, and as May says, it's great for boosting the mood.

The good news for people who are struggling to do a lot of walking: just stand up. Standing up uses more calories than sitting down - so you can even start there.

Thee will be some for whom neither standing nor walking will be an option, but I would be doubtful of a dvd catering appropriately to their exercise needs.

Although I quite like Davina McCall I can't help but wonder if we really need her to tell us how to exercise for 7 minutes. It just seems really gimmicky and worthy celeb-endorsed rubbish. We all know that if we move our bodies more we will benefit. Do we need telly's Mrs Shouty Woman to tell us this?

Although I quite like Davina McCall I can't help but wonder if we really need her to tell us how to exercise for 7 minutes. It just seems really gimmicky and worthy celeb-endorsed rubbish. We all know that if we move our bodies more we will benefit. Do we need telly's Mrs Shouty Woman to tell us this?

No we do not. Nor do we need to pay £14.99 or whatever to be told it either. Oh but P&P will no doubt be included (Ms Flint's voice goes up on the last word and she opens her eyes wider than wide as if to say "wow ladies, just £14.99 to be conned into thinking you'll lose 2 stone").

CC

No we do not. Nor do we need to pay £14.99 or whatever to be told it either. Oh but P&P will no doubt be included (Ms Flint's voice goes up on the last word and she opens her eyes wider than wide as if to say "wow ladies, just £14.99 to be conned into thinking you'll lose 2 stone").

CC

Doesn't that fake amazement voice get on your nerves? Actually the whole woman gets on my nerves.

YES! Simon Biagi does it as well and I can't stand him either.

CC

He's like a charicature of a shopping TV presenter! Cheese personified. What's with the emphasis on "THOWsand!" and that stupid tight lipped smirk, oh yes Simon "annnd!" Biagi is definitely one of the most annoying presenters to ever grace shopping telly.

He just can't relax. Maybe he needs a comfort blanket - the chest hair just isn't working for him.

CC

How much??? No thanks. I'll stick to walking and my old gits keep fit classes.

Me too, Glittergirl! Suddenly, they are all experts on everything. I don't think so! For example, why would I buy a face cream, just because Lulu slathers it all over her mug (yes, and of course she does nothing else to her face to make herself look younger, must think we are all complete idiots).

Can't stand Davina McC. another hair-swishing, vacant, so-called 'celeb' (stick to the hair colourant adverts. love) BUT it'll be interesting to see her and the lovely? Debbie - may be a Clash of the Dinosaurs!

To put the cat among the pigeons, but I would much rather watch Debbie than Davina any day!!! Some of these Z celebrities endorsing skincare, jewellery etc. etc. really bore me and never buy!! :mysmilie_5:

In all honesty I don't mind Davina doing stuff like this. She takes her fitness really seriously, has ran marathons etc. She's not an overweight soap star or reality TV star jumping on the bandwagon for a post-Christmas weight loss DVD, only to put all the weight back on again. She keeps her fitness levels up and practices what she preaches, you've got to admire that.

In all honesty I don't mind Davina doing stuff like this. She takes her fitness really seriously, has ran marathons etc. She's not an overweight soap star or reality TV star jumping on the bandwagon for a post-Christmas weight loss DVD, only to put all the weight back on again. She keeps her fitness levels up and practices what she preaches, you've got to admire that.

I actually agree with you Ellaaa.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not buying, but I'd rather get exercise advice from Davina (who does actually practice what she preaches) than someone like Sonia from EastEnders who puts the weight back on as soon as she's cashed the royalty cheque from the DVD.

Me too, Glittergirl! Suddenly, they are all experts on everything. I don't think so! For example, why would I buy a face cream, just because Lulu slathers it all over her mug (yes, and of course she does nothing else to her face to make herself look younger, must think we are all complete idiots).

Can't stand Davina McC. another hair-swishing, vacant, so-called 'celeb' (stick to the hair colourant adverts. love) BUT it'll be interesting to see her and the lovely? Debbie - may be a Clash of the Dinosaurs!

Agree, have never got anything because a 'Celebrity' says it's good!! Will buy if I like the product and read reviews from people who have tried it and will then make up my own mind. May tune in if nothing else on :mysmilie_14:

Agree, have never got anything because a 'Celebrity' says it's good!! Will buy if I like the product and read reviews from people who have tried it and will then make up my own mind. May tune in if nothing else on :mysmilie_14:

Don't put ITV on as the gurning Davina is also presenting on there.

How long will it take before Debs & Davina are talking over each other? Still, I suppose it makes a change from beauty products/toiletries, which is all Q seem to do.

What I'd really like to see on Q is Moira C and Debs together! Oh what a laugh that would be, a Clash of the Titans! As Moira C never shuts up and the presenter can't get a word in, she would surely give Debs a good run for her money (and could use her scarves to gag her?). Moira only seems to appear on IW flogging her scarves once in a blue moon these days, so about time she defected to Q.

Last edited:

Yes, at least she is one celeb who has cleaned up her act after her heroin addiction in her youth ! (not much said about that though is there !)

How long will it take before Debs & Davina are talking over each other? Still, I suppose it makes a change from beauty products/toiletries, which is all Q seem to do.

What I'd really like to see on Q is Moira C and Debs together! Oh what a laugh that would be, a Clash of the Titans! As Moira C never shuts up and the presenter can't get a word in, she would surely give Debs a good run for her money (and could use her scarves to gag her?). Moira only seems to appear on IW flogging her scarves once in a blue moon these days, so about time she defected to Q.

she used to be on Q years & years ago then moved to IW with the stylees (but they aint been seen since i dont think)

Latest posts

Back