Delivery from the Manufactor

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Our couriers work Saturdays.

Thanks Snoops watch them come when I am not in!:54:
Really wished I had got to the phone when Ideal World rang as it would help if I had a tracking number, but my neighbour was talking to me and didnt hear the phone.

Parcelnet couriers work Saturdays.

The only days we get off are Christmas Day, Boxing Day and the Bank Holiday Mondays. We even have to work on Good Friday!

Dazzler - tell OH you are taking up kick boxing and then practise on his SHINS :12:

I had a right nightmare 18 months ago with 2 sets of curtains, the saga was on the other site before it went t*ts up.

Anyway, a brief recall...
I ordered 2 pairs of curtains with tie backs.... if you ordered the £9.99 valances at the same time, you got them free. I ordered 2 to match the sizes of curtains....simple? oh no!

3 weeks later the valances turned up, fair enough. I waited another 2 weeks, still no curtains so I checked my account online, the delivery date was given for another 8 WEEKS. I phoned up the CS and was told that the curtains had turned up with the valances but their quality controller deemed the curtains not up to their very high standard, so returned them. I told them I no longer wanted the curtains and if they could cancel the order and send me a returns label for the valances, they said they would, but because I'd had the valances longer than the 30 days money back guarantee I'd have to return them as faulty but if they were found to be in perfect order I'd be recharged for the p&p!.

I sent them back as soon as I got the label....I thought that was the last of it, it wasn't, my bank statement turned up with an I/W transaction for £24.95 which I didn't recognise, so once again I rang the CS. The £24.95 was for the valances, because I'd cancelled the curtains they were no longer free and to rub salt in I also was charged the £4.95 p&p. To say I was bouncing off the walls was an understatement!......after countless phone calls and the threat of legal action they returned all my money and sent a 'good will' voucher for £10.00.......I can see the irony and funnyish side of it now but at the time I was livid and it was making me ill because it was all I could think about......suffice to say, I never order anything that's not in their warehouse at the time of sale anymore, it's not worth the stress.

Blimey AK what a palavar you experienced, my goodness you just dont ned that kind of stress, there is enough stress in the world and things to think about without Ideal world making it worse! Three weeks for the valances!!!!! 8 weeks for the curtains nooooooo they must be on drugs!!! A flipping goodwill voucher of £10 what planet they on. I dont blame you not shopping with them again, do they realise they will lose customers!!

When you go out can't you ask a neighbour to look out for any deliveries and if they can leave a note on your front door with the neighbours house number?

Parcelnet couriers work Saturdays.

The only days we get off are Christmas Day, Boxing Day and the Bank Holiday Mondays. We even have to work on Good Friday!

Dazzler - tell OH you are taking up kick boxing and then practise on his SHINS :12:

Hubby has Billy Blanks he loves it but I cant do it, i said its ok for you you have your fave gym item I want my Ijoy. Well IW say they are despatching today, and have said its 3-5 days. so wonder what day it will arrive. I think it will come in a big Parcelnet Van as its quite heavy, hope they deliver it very quick for me thats if they receive the goods from Ideal World.

When you go out can't you ask a neighbour to look out for any deliveries and if they can leave a note on your front door with the neighbours house number?

good idea Anna - a courier will always try a neighbour, as it pays them to get rid of an item rather than having to try again....but if you can help by giving a neighbour's address (especially if it's not directly next door) then it can be a big help!!

Lots of my customers leave garages unlocked so I can hide things in there, or gates so I can hide it in the garden. I love customers like that!! Guaranteed delivery :D

Thanks AK I could ask my neighbour if he is in and to look out for them, hope they dont say though that they wont give it to my neighbour and insist I have to sign for it., I have my food shop to do Sat morning but other then that I will be here begining of nxt week.

Blimey AK what a palavar you experienced, my goodness you just dont ned that kind of stress, there is enough stress in the world and things to think about without Ideal world making it worse! Three weeks for the valances!!!!! 8 weeks for the curtains nooooooo they must be on drugs!!! A flipping goodwill voucher of £10 what planet they on. I dont blame you not shopping with them again, do they realise they will lose customers!!

The thing that got me was the person I spoke to couldn't grasp the fact that the valances were useless without the curtains, he said couldn't I put them up with my normal curtains!......the fact they'd totally clash didn't register on his radar...Div, I'd hate to see how his home is decorated :56:

I think it will come in a big Parcelnet Van as its quite heavy, hope they deliver it very quick for me thats if they receive the goods from Ideal World.

Not sure if the big wagons do deliveries on Saturday to be honest.
They go to the subdepots, so they might do! :)
If it's being despatched today, then you might even get it tomorrow.

They will try once and bugger off, so if you can leave a note on the door then do. I have known them say they have tried to deliver and not even put a card through. The drivers are employed by PN, it's not their petrol so they couldn't give a monkeys! :( they don't seem to leave phone numbers either.

good idea Anna - a courier will always try a neighbour, as it pays them to get rid of an item rather than having to try again....but if you can help by giving a neighbour's address (especially if it's not directly next door) then it can be a big help!!

Lots of my customers leave garages unlocked so I can hide things in there, or gates so I can hide it in the garden. I love customers like that!! Guaranteed delivery :D

Our parcelnet lady usually puts my goods over my gate for me if they are not heavy as she arrives very early in the morniga around 7, but dont think she will bring them as its a heavy item, so hoping then that my neighbour will take it in for me if I am not in rather then put a card through. i will have a word just in case.

The thing that got me was the person I spoke to couldn't grasp the fact that the valances were useless without the curtains, he said couldn't I put them up with my normal curtains!......the fact they'd totally clash didn't register on his radar...Div, I'd hate to see how his home is decorated :56:

Oh No what a div lol.

Not sure if the big wagons do deliveries on Saturday to be honest.
They go to the subdepots, so they might do! :)
If it's being despatched today, then you might even get it tomorrow.

They will try once and bugger off, so if you can leave a note on the door then do. I have known them say they have tried to deliver and not even put a card through. The drivers are employed by PN, it's not their petrol so they couldn't give a monkeys! :( they don't seem to leave phone numbers either.

Oh lets hope it comes tomorrow that would be good, but what i will do then saturday is put a note on my door and write parcelnet person please leave my parcel with my neighbour and then write his number on, then that should be okay right. Thanks Lottie

I just checked the weight - it's well over 17kg unboxed, so it won't be your home courier lady for sure. Best make sure you leave a note on the door if you're out, or in the back garden then ;)

aw thanks Lottie will see what tomorrow brings and leave a note then on saturday morning just in case.

We will all be waiting with baited breath for the outcome of this saga.
IW customer service and deliveries have always been hit and miss in my experience.
I am suprised they hav lasted so long.

This is an amazing saga. I have only bought a couple of things from IW but their delivery was fine. This would put me off for life. I shall be checking in every day to see when this finally arrives. You should have contacted Watchdog (or whatever) - that would certainly move things along.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for your delivery.

Sorry to be a wet blanket but PLEASE no notes on doors. It's an invitation to burglars.

Argey xx

Sorry to be a wet blanket but PLEASE no notes on doors. It's an invitation to burglars.

Argey xx

I was going to put it on my letter box that is attached to my large locked gates AB my front door is behind the gates. Okay maybe not. Still not calmed down by the way.

Latest posts

Back