FAO BurleyBear

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

looby

Registered Shopper
oooh BB you are on Lorraine (SBC) blog on twitter!!!

Last edited:
http://lorrainewinslade.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/pink-goo/

SBC gels are absolute tosh...mainly water & alcohol, which evaporates and leaves a miniscule amount of "active" product....the pink goo plumps up your skin cells...really? ...and what the heck is psuedo-collagen?.....

Take for instance the SBC aloe vera gel, which has less than 1% of actual aloe vera in. Go to your local health shop and pick up a tube of aloe vera gel that has 99% aloe vera and no alcohol....I know which one I'd go for. Same for the SBC arnica gel, again at your local health store will have tubes of arnica gel/cream with much more potency.

http://lorrainewinslade.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/pink-goo/

SBC gels are absolute tosh...mainly water & alcohol, which evaporates and leaves a miniscule amount of "active" product....the pink goo plumps up your skin cells...really? ...and what the heck is psuedo-collagen?.....

Take for instance the SBC aloe vera gel, which has less than 1% of actual aloe vera in. Go to your local health shop and pick up a tube of aloe vera gel that has 99% aloe vera and no alcohol....I know which one I'd go for. Same for the SBC arnica gel, again at your local health store will have tubes of arnica gel/cream with much more potency.

Pseudo-collagen? Well, that to me says 'not real' or 'fake'! Hmm, well there's a thing collagen gel made from fake collagen! Part of me wonders whether that is a slight dig at former employer SBC. Probably wrong, but she would never have gone on air at le Q and said that...

Pseudo-collagen? Well, that to me says 'not real' or 'fake'! Hmm, well there's a thing collagen gel made from fake collagen! Part of me wonders whether that is a slight dig at former employer SBC. Probably wrong, but she would never have gone on air at le Q and said that...

I would certainly have new found respect for Lorraine if she came out and said what she really thought of SBC!....as a professional beautician she DOES know what crap it is.

erm, presumably she got permission from either Graham or BB to quote that extract of a post from here?

no-one asked me!:thinking:

i think if you actually read lorraine's "explanation" but remove all the big words, what she is actually saying is that the gel puts water on your skin, which temporarily plumps up the cells.
so thats like splashing your face with water and letting it dry naturally then?

must think we were born yesterday.

dermatologists all agree that applying something to your skin which moisturises it is a good idea. anything over and above this is just marketing. including the pink goo in question.

i also note the less than complimentary comment by "maisie" who seems to know who i am. shame because ive always followed a rule of never slagging off fellow ST.com forum members, ever. and i certainly wouldnt do so on a forum that had hijacked a comment in the first place.... so thanks maisie, nice job! :heartbroke: :hi:

i think if you actually read lorraine's "explanation" but remove all the big words, what she is actually saying is that the gel puts water on your skin, which temporarily plumps up the cells.

dermatologists all agree that applying something to your skin which mois:giggle::grin:turises it is a good idea. anything over and above this is just marketing. including the pink goo in question.

i also note the less than complimentary comment by "maisie" who seems to know who i am. shame because ive always followed a rule of never slagging off fellow ST.com forum members, ever. and i certainly wouldnt do so on a forum that had hijacked a comment in the first place.... so thanks maisie, nice job! :heartbroke: :hi:
#

Burlz that's very funny. Ms Winslade makes out that you actually contacted her to ask that question lol go on you did didn't you

dermatologists all agree that applying something to your skin which moisturises it is a good idea. anything over and above this is just marketing. including the pink goo in question.

You can slather on as much collagen as you like but applied topically it will not sink into the skin, so any product that claims to have collagen as a moisturiser is a waste of money IMO.

Good post Burlz.:hi:

Well said, that man:hi: That's how I interpreted it too. The underlying message there is that it's the water that's doing the job in the product and not the psuedo anyotheringredientbyanyothername....

.........can water applied topically plump up your skin cells?....can you imagine every time we take a bath and coming out all plumped up everywhere? :rain:

.........can water applied topically plump up your skin cells?....can you imagine every time we take a bath and coming out all plumped up everywhere? :rain:

well, the fact that your skin goes wrinkly when you spend time in the bath is something to do with the cells being over-flooded with water as far as i understand. its a temporary effect because as soon as you dry off the water disperses/evaporates and the wrinkles flatten out again.

thats my understanding, but maybe miss lorraine will come on board and put us all in the picture with a few big words?:clapping:

well, the fact that your skin goes wrinkly when you spend time in the bath is something to do with the cells being over-flooded with water as far as i understand. its a temporary effect because as soon as you dry off the water disperses/evaporates and the wrinkles flatten out again.

thats my understanding, but maybe miss lorraine will come on board and put us all in the picture with a few big words?:clapping:

oooh yes the wrinkley effect, I always wondered about that.....kinda the opposite of plumped up :drunk:

Now if Lorraine could come on here and explain the merits of water, alcohol & pseudo collagen, well that would just make my day :thinking:

Don't know about the technical stuff but it's the best moisturiser I've ever used on my scaley legs, whatever it is that it does. Wouldn't ever use it on my face though, I don't know what it is but there's something I don't quite trust using it.

I can't bear that collagen stuff, it's so sticky. I said in a previous post that if you put it on your face at night, it sort of slides off in the shower the next morning-spooky!:drunk:

"Pseudo Collagen"??! So it's not collagen then.

I don't know whether the scientific claims are correct or not, but I don't like the stuff. It is sticky - very sticky even if applied in a thin layer and smells like something my old gran would have used. As others have pointed out too, it's full of alcohol too. Really can't see what the benefit would be.

And I'm quite horrified at the amount of aloe, in the aloe gel! Why on earth would someone buy that, when you can buy 99% pure gel in the health food shop?!

Seems to me, it's another case of Alison bleating on about how good a range is, just to suit what she's flogging at the time.

"Pseudo Collagen"??! So it's not collagen then.

I don't know whether the scientific claims are correct or not, but I don't like the stuff. It is sticky - very sticky even if applied in a thin layer and smells like something my old gran would have used. As others have pointed out too, it's full of alcohol too. Really can't see what the benefit would be.

And I'm quite horrified at the amount of aloe, in the aloe gel! Why on earth would someone buy that, when you can buy 99% pure gel in the health food shop?!

Seems to me, it's another case of Alison bleating on about how good a range is, just to suit what she's flogging at the time.

I agree that this very poor and misleading in the extreme. The only thing I can say is for some conditions pure or strong aloe vera isn't actually a good idea as it is potent and can be an irritant instead of being soothing. However the salicylic acid hidden away in their precious arnica is something they should be making clear on air and everywhere else they sell it.

I got the TSV the other week and it was the first time i have used it.
The pink goo works well on my arms and legs but when i tried it on my face it was just like water. felt wet but when it dried it was as if i hadnt put anything on my face. i wouldnt buy it again

Latest posts

Back