Lulu Guinness TSV 16/2/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really like the look of this bag. My favourite colour way is the 'damson pale pink'. I however can't justify the price of Lulu Guinness bags at all.

Caught sight of these in the preview and not keen.I like the shape but don't like the lips . If i had to choose one the damson seems the best . To me at first glance they look a bit ordinary.

Ha! ha ! Lulu has just mentioned that when people "bump into her in the street" they compliment her on how 'lightweight' her bags are - has she forgotten about her patent leather tote with her embossed head on, from about 5 years ago ???? the ****** thing weighs a ton empty. I bought the stone colour and its still gathering dust in the wardrobe, after I spent months having physio on my shoulder due to the weight I was carrying around !!!!

On second thoughts maybe the navy is the best colour although it still won't tempt me to buy.I like Lulus approach, she talked over DF and doesn't suffer fools gladly I think. Also she was wearing a knockout pair of shoes which she showed off several times.

I've just looked on QVC and haven't stopped laughing yet, one at the price of the TSV, a basic leather bag and secondly if someone makes a negative comment, the righteous brigade dive on it shouting "don't be rude" I've noticed that as soon as someone makes a negative comment there's a certain woman that appears as if by magic condeming them for doing so, its as though she hovers over that page rubbing her hands waiting for someone to make one, its absolutely ridiculous how every negative comment is deemed as "rude" its not me by the way, I'm not on facebook but can read the comments.

On second thoughts maybe the navy is the best colour although it still won't tempt me to buy.I like Lulus approach, she talked over DF and doesn't suffer fools gladly I think.

She's excellent at stopping the presenters rambling on and getting back to actually talking about the product. I remember once she actually told Anne Dawson to "be quiet a minute!" Or something along those lines when Anne was off on one of her meandering meaningless sentences.

Last edited:
I've just looked on QVC and haven't stopped laughing yet, one at the price of the TSV, a basic leather bag and secondly if someone makes a negative comment, the righteous brigade dive on it shouting "don't be rude" I've noticed that as soon as someone makes a negative comment there's a certain woman that appears as if by magic condeming them for doing so, its as though she hovers over that page rubbing her hands waiting for someone to make one, its absolutely ridiculous how every negative comment is deemed as "rude" its not me by the way, I'm not on facebook but can read the comments.

It's an absolute farce that facebook page, isn't it. Good for a laugh though in the morning before the QVC Dictators come along at 9am and delete half the posts.

Is this the normal QVC FB page or the Back to You page? Or maybe another one?

Is this the normal QVC FB page or the Back to You page? Or maybe another one?

Both actually and then the secret Queens group which if you accidentally fart whilst someone is posting you get banned.

Back, quite a few have got the boot quickly for not following the program. QVC FB has banned loads(me), but its funny in a way. It was one of the how rude of me when I pointed out about Dennis Basso and the real fur trade. I was told to go away and I said it was a public forum and if the poster wrote I could reply. Then 4-6 weeks later out of the blue suddenly I could not post or like posts. Of course I had to go into therapy to recover.:mysmilie_15:

I don't buy leather bags, so this range is not for me. But almost £250 (incl postage), for a raffia and straw (Lulu's words) bag, is OTT. The Frida is a quirky little bag, and I like the inspiration behind it. Usually, she boasts (why?) of using the best leather to help justify the price. What does that in this case?

I don't buy leather bags, so this range is not for me. But almost £250 (incl postage), for a raffia and straw (Lulu's words) bag, is OTT. The Frida is a quirky little bag, and I like the inspiration behind it. Usually, she boasts (why?) of using the best leather to help justify the price. What does that in this case?

Something to do with it being a representation of a Mexican artist.I didnt catch her name but has works displayed in the Tate gallery apparantly.Big deal,does that explain the price.Not that i would buy it at any price its not practical. Wouldnt be able to get anything in it. And you have to remove the lid and fiddle with it quite a bit so far as I could see.

So glad I don't "do" Facebook or Twitter - who wants to have a life of being 'told off' or being trolled, then spend half your time worrying about it ?

I don't do facebook or Twitter and after reading some of the posts out of interest this morning I can't believe how people can seem to be so mean and do wonder how people vented their vitriol before social or anti social media (as I call it)existed, they must have miserable lives if they have nothing better to do than waste their time moaning at others on FB. I do have a few lulu bags but can understand and appreciate that not everyone likes them and feel they are expensive for what they are, but each to their own. I can't believe that Fiesta back pack is £120, I thought it was an error and was from Kipling. That print is revolting IMO,

If you google Frida Kahlo you'll spot the bag is a fair likeness, mono-brow and all!

I've read Q's FB page and I'm not surprised things turn nasty! If you like her bags and can afford it that's fine, if you don't then don't watch or buy it! I've always thought (and said) it's overpriced. Just my opinion of course!

I've ordered the Damson TSV (what am i like?).

It will have to tick an exhaustive list of boxes to become a keeper, but I do like the Wanda (the Wanda, Franka and Amelia get the most outings) I love the pale pink small Flora too.

£120 for a fold up polyester backpack! I apologise to anyone who's bought it, but I think that's a ridiculous price for a piece of tat. I love Kipling bags as I find them so practical and I have a gorgeous Radley bag that my children bought me for a special birthday. I do like some of the LG bags, I just wouldn't personally pay the prices, especially as I bought some pieces for my daughter when LG first starting selling in Debenhams, many many years ago, dirt cheap in comparison to today's prices.

I think her tsv's are getting worse and more insulting each time! I spotted 2 tsv bags on the last show that had bad markings in the leather. The Wanda seems to be a different shape to how it used to be, somehow. And that bleeding cross body strap on everything - why?! I really do think she's losing all credibility by designing 'for' QVC. She should stick to just selling her normal range on there.

I think I remember Lulu saying about the cross body strap that QVC requested it.Same with some of the colours .I don't think she is herself a great fan of the cross body.She likes the crook of the arm .
I thought the new lining in the TSV was better then previous ones.

Latest posts

Back