Shay & Blue TSV 18/07/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Shay & Blue but I think it is getting a bit over priced and I can't justify spending that amount of money on a smelly liquid in a tiny bottle that would last about a week if I used it sparingly.

Please Identify & explain........(GCSE themed question)
We all seem to like different S&B perfumes on here so don’t be guided by this but for me, the Clementine and Sicilian Limes are fresh and nice, the Oud Alif and Black’s Club Leather are a bit too spicy/masculine (although I do wear them) and the Black Tulip and Cotton Flower I would have to bung on eBay. I find the latter completely unremarkable and I think Black Tulip is the one with which I get a strong whiff of clove at the back of my nose, which I dislike. I am still stupid enough to be interested though, depending on price.

I like Shay & Blue but I think it is getting a bit over priced and I can't justify spending that amount of money on a smelly liquid in a tiny bottle that would last about a week if I used it sparingly.
I agree at full price, it’s not cheap, especially the 10ml bottle at £25, but if I can get that size for around £8-£9, which is not unusual, I think it’s pretty good. And the 10ml bottles definitely last a lot longer than a week.

I got an email from Shay & Blue this morning. Asking if I needed help? Explaining, I could talk to them, and they will give suggestions for perfumes from their range I might like.

I have turned into a bargain hunter these days for perfume. TKMaxx I got a 100mls of Boucheron for women £27 red label clearance price. I had an idea I had tried it years ago, and it was nice, but not nice enough to buy at RRP. It is really lovely, and I use it quite a bit. I love Boucheron Jaipur Homme and got it in TKMaxx.

We all seem to like different S&B perfumes on here so don’t be guided by this but for me, the Clementine and Sicilian Limes are fresh and nice, the Oud Alif and Black’s Club Leather are a bit too spicy/masculine (although I do wear them) and the Black Tulip and Cotton Flower I would have to bung on eBay. I find the latter completely unremarkable and I think Black Tulip is the one with which I get a strong whiff of clove at the back of my nose, which I dislike. I am still stupid enough to be interested though, depending on price.

I agree at full price, it’s not cheap, especially the 10ml bottle at £25, but if I can get that size for around £8-£9, which is not unusual, I think it’s pretty good. And the 10ml bottles definitely last a lot longer than a week.
I got a 10ml bottle of Amber Rose in a charity shop for £3, I used it for seven days and the bottle was empty, and that was only spraying on pulse points, not spraying it in a mist all over me like the models on QVC.

I’m only interested in the 10ml Black Tulip for holiday hand luggage so I looked on EBay and was fairly surprised at the prices people were asking considering it would have been the part of a set they didn’t want.

I got a 10ml bottle of Amber Rose in a charity shop for £3, I used it for seven days and the bottle was empty, and that was only spraying on pulse points, not spraying it in a mist all over me like the models on QVC.
It could be that I don’t use enough then, and would explain why I have perfumes hanging around for so long! Weaker ones I spray several times per use and do get through more quickly than S&B ones which I mostly find quite long-lasting on me so I don’t use so much at a time. I know for a fact I have used one particular 10ml bottle of S&B on at least 3 occasions and it looks like only about 10% has gone, if that.

Thinking about it now, 10ml is only 2 teaspoons. It looks like more in the bottle to me. Weird. Or I am.

Everytime I visit Turkey I buy from this shop in the photos below. The perfumes, candles, reed diffusers are all copies of well known brands but they are really really good copies. Unlike the street vendors who sell Chinese copies in branded packaging and try to tell you they`re the real thing, these are sold as copies but are great quality.
He`s recently begun doing mail order. Myself and Mr V bought several between us and got loads of free samples too. When I run out then I`ll order more and until this year he didn`t do mail order.

i and a.jpg
i and a 2.jpg

It is the name Dandelion name, real ones don't have a smell, but the stalk has a bitter smell. Also, I have never had the urge to smell of fig! I will eat them, though.
Where I live in N. Italy, many people gather tender, new dandeline leaves for a salad. It tastes bitter. Not my thing. In UK, as children, we used to say that if you picked a dandeline, you'd wet the bed. And white figs are delicious served with smoked ham but I don't think that fig would suit as a perfume. Shay and Blue seem bent on combining weird-sounding components in their perfumes. Helps them sell their products to the adventurous, I suppose

I can tell you are full of admiration ;)

But seriously, are you interested in the TSV, MrM? I can’t remember if you are a massive fan of the brand but I think you like some of the fragrances?

I’ve actually never tried S & B Andi, although I did buy a discovery set last week on Amazon Prime Day for my mum’s birthday next week.
It was a set of three 10ml bottles (White Peaches, Blood Orange & Watermelon) and it was only £15.00.
I was going to post about it on this thread to be honest but it sold out pretty much as soon as I placed my order so I didn’t bother in the end.

That was a good offer you got. Unusually, I didn’t buy anything on Prime Day(s) this year. I had the impression they weren’t pushing it as much as usual. I am sure I only had emails about Alexa and other Amazon products and I didn’t really look on the site. I am sorry now! That’ll teach me!

That was a good offer you got. Unusually, I didn’t buy anything on Prime Day(s) this year. I had the impression they weren’t pushing it as much as usual. I am sure I only had emails about Alexa and other Amazon products and I didn’t really look on the site. I am sorry now! That’ll teach me!

I wasn’t actively looking either to be honest, I just happened to check my emails and there was one from S & B advertising a couple of offers they had and this one seemed the best value. After placing my original order I went back 30 seconds later to buy another but it had already sold out so I was very lucky to get the one that I did really.
Oh, and it came direct from S & B too, not Amazon.

Shay & Blue 6 Piece Precious Miniature Eau de Parfum Collection

QVC Price £77.00
Todays Special Value Price £45.98
P&P £3.95

Single

Auto-Delivery

Surround yourself in a bouquet of beautiful fragrance with the Precious Miniature Collection from Shay & Blue. Featuring six miniature Eau de Parfums, including fragrances Clementine and limited edition Cotton Flower (both appearing for the first time in a Today's Special Value), this library of scent is the perfect way to discover Shay & Blue at its very best, showcasing everything from beloved bestsellers to brand new launches. Immerse yourself in the many scents of summer, from day to night, with this amazing collection.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the items in this collection individually, directly from Shay & Blue you’d pay £150. So for our Today’s Special Value price of just £45.98 plus P&P, you’re saving £100.07.

Your fragrance adventure – this special collection will take you on a journey of expertly-crafted scent, whether you're already a fan of Shay & Blue's artisan fragrances or you're ready to discover their complexity and versatility for yourself. Reveal elegant, sultry scents for the evening and fresh, bold perfumes for the day as you wear each in turn, and find out which fragrances capture your heart the most.

From day to night – whether you're going about your day or getting ready for a night on the town, this collection offers the perfect fragrance for every occasion. Airy Cotton Flower, zesty Clementine and bold Sicilian Limes are ideal for daytime dalliances, perfectly capturing the spirit of summer with just a few spritzes, while smoky Oud Alif, delicate and modern Black Tulip and darling Blacks Club Leather make perfect evening companions.

In with the new – as well as beloved bestsellers like Black Tulip and Sicilian Limes, this collection offers two brand new, limited edition fragrances for 2022. Cotton Flower is a dreamy, adventurous fragrance evoking free-spirited freshness, with elegant notes of iris and soft cashmere woods, while Clementine exudes playful bursts of the zesty fruit with uplifting petitgrain. Whichever you choose to wear, you'll always be one step ahead of the trend with these new perfumes!

Switch up your scent – with six gorgeous Eau de Parfums in this collection, you can change up your signature fragrance as often as you choose, ensuring that you'll never be bored all season long!
Keep the discovery going – by selecting the Auto Delivery option, you can continue your scent discovery for months on end. In 90 days' time, you'll receive an incredible preview of the new-for-2023 scent, Melrose Apple Blossom, as well as an exclusive-to-QVC, limited edition size of Parfum Nashwa. Alongside these exciting launches, you'll also receive four more beloved bestsellers from Shay & Blue, all at today's incredible price.

• Delivered to UK mainland only (excluding UK Highlands and islands, and Northern Ireland)
  • Vegan
  • Cruelty free

Fragrance notes:
Cotton Flower:
  • Top notes: fresh and light cotton flower
  • Heart note: iris
  • Base notes: cashmere woods

Clementine:
  • Top note: clementine
  • Heart note: petitgrain, spring watercress
  • Base notes: laurel woods

Sicilian Limes:
  • Top notes: limes, rock salt, citrus cocktails
  • Heart note: rosemary
  • Base notes: moss, cedar woods

Oud Alif:
  • Top note: fine oud agarwood
  • Heart notes: chocolat noir, soft saffron
  • Base notes: napa leather, dark patchouli

Black Tulip:
  • Top notes: snowdrops, cyclamen
  • Heart notes: black tulip, plum
  • Base notes: white chocolate, soft woods

Blacks Club Leather:
  • Top note: English leather
  • Heart note: fine VSOP brandy
  • Base notes: fire wood, mahogany-rubbed beeswax

Contains:
  • 1 x Cotton Flower Eau de Parfum (10ml) – limited edition fragrance for 2022
  • 1 x Clementine Eau de Parfum (10ml) – new fragrance for 2022
  • 1 x Sicilian Limes Eau de Parfum (10ml)
  • 1 x Oud Alif Eau de Parfum (10ml)
  • 1 x Black Tulip Eau de Parfum (10ml)
  • 1 x Blacks Club Leather Eau de Parfum (10ml)

Auto Delivery option contains:
  • 1 x Melrose Apple Blossom Eau de Parfum (10ml) – 2023 preview – cool and floral, dancing blossoms mingle with salted toffee apple, sharp lemon bamboo and chilled amber for a fun and progressive fragrance
  • 1 x Atropa Belladonna Eau de Parfum (10ml) - a decadent scent with rich notes of cassis berries blended with a white flower bouquet on a deep base of patchouli and sandalwood
  • 1 x Blood Oranges Eau de Parfum (10ml) - this richly refreshing fragrance features bursts of blood orange underpinned with an opulent and sensual blend of musk, woods and leather
  • 1 x Parfum Nashwa Eau de Parfum (10ml) – new limited edition size, currently only available at QVC. A rich combination of cacao noir and coconut, mingled with dark oud wood and elegant musk
  • 1 x Blackberry Woods Eau de Parfum (10ml) - the essence of autumn, this heady blend features top notes of blackberry with a heart of neroli and lemon leaves, and a warm, woodsy cypress base
  • 1 x Scarlet Lily Eau de Parfum (10ml) – full of attitude, this fragrance exudes big blooms of Scarlet Ariadne lily, mingled with a heady bouquet with undertones of ylang ylang and amber

Latest posts

Back