Shay & Blue TSV 18/07/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve decided against this but thought gosh, £50 that’s a lot more this time round. But when I checked the contents list for the last minis TSV I got, which was perhaps two years ago, and which is still unfinished!, it was four bottles for £40. So in fact this is actually cheaper per bottle.

I wasn’t actively looking either to be honest, I just happened to check my emails and there was one from S & B advertising a couple of offers they had and this one seemed the best value. After placing my original order I went back 30 seconds later to buy another but it had already sold out so I was very lucky to get the one that I did really.
Oh, and it came direct from S & B too, not Amazon.
No, I know how quickly these offers disappear. You were lucky to get even one.

I didn’t know Shay & Blue had a presence on Amazon but just had a look. They have a couple of 10ml bottles for £5 each and a set of five different rich almond hand creams (40ml each I think) for £20. Also a set of 5 x 10ml perfumes for £40, which might suit some (Mazza?) who are not so attracted to the TSV (Blood Oranges, Atropa Belladonna, Framboise Noir, Black Tulip, English Cherry Blossom). Links below.

5 perfumes
Hand Creams

I owned Belladonna, but a friend kept asking about it, so I just gave her the bottle.

Currently own

Framboise Noir, it is more woody on me.

Suffolk Lavender, which is a gorgeous true lavender but now discontinued.

Black Tulip

I used to buy from M&S when they did the 20% off and the 30 MLS size.

No, I know how quickly these offers disappear. You were lucky to get even one.

I didn’t know Shay & Blue had a presence on Amazon but just had a look. They have a couple of 10ml bottles for £5 each and a set of five different rich almond hand creams (40ml each I think) for £20. Also a set of 5 x 10ml perfumes for £40, which might suit some (Mazza?) who are not so attracted to the TSV (Blood Oranges, Atropa Belladonna, Framboise Noir, Black Tulip, English Cherry Blossom). Links below.

5 perfumes
Hand Creams
The rich almond creams are better than L’Occitane imo.

I got an email from S&B the other day directing me to their Amazon deals but by the time I followed it the one I rather fancied had gone. I think it was an Amazon Prime Day promotion.

It was nice to see Dom in the studio because he has gone to the States I believe. I find it odd that he seems so serious and eager to share his proper high level perfume house experiences, yet his website looks like something from Tik Tok. Well I say that, I’ve never actually looked at Tik Tok.

On their website they have an explorer set of 4 minis for £25, although I don’t want all those fragrances so won’t be buying.

Last edited:
I got an email from S&B the other day directing me to their Amazon deals but by the time I followed it the one I rather fancied had gone. I think it was an Amazon Prime Day promotion.

It was nice to see Dom in the studio because he has gone to the States I believe. I find it odd that he seems so serious and eager to share his proper high level perfume house experiences, yet his website looks like something from Tik Tok. Well I say that, I’ve never actually looked at Tik Tok.
The website is dreadful. All the flashing images and people (nobody over 25) pulling silly faces. I don’t think it reflects the brand or most of its clientele at all. The search function is awful too. I think it was designed by the QVC social media team. No, actually the QVC social medial team’s kids.

I’m a lover of Lime basil and mandarin .. jo malone ..
Lasts me ages and Aldi have the flankers for the hand wash etc …
It is a staple for me .. bdays and Christmas only of course !

I’ve decided against this but thought gosh, £50 that’s a lot more this time round. But when I checked the contents list for the last minis TSV I got, which was perhaps two years ago, and which is still unfinished!, it was four bottles for £40. So in fact this is actually cheaper per bottle.
Reluctantly, I’m out as well. I was so looking forward to a Shay & Blue treat but my first thought was the same as yours on price. £8.23 a bottle is good but I’m not wild about all of them and I have to stop using the excuse that I can stick unwanted items on eBay. Too much faffing about and anyway, eBay will probably be flooded with them. Also, I feel similarly about the AD contents as today’s selection (like 2, dislike 2 and don’t know 2 so a risk). I’m going to stick to deals where it’s all one or two fragrances I definitely like, maybe bigger bottles.

If anyone spots any Shay & Blue deals on their site, QVC, Asos or elsewhere now that so many places seem to sell it, please post here!

Reluctantly, I’m out as well. I was so looking forward to a Shay & Blue treat but my first thought was the same as yours on price. £8.23 a bottle is good but I’m not wild about all of them and I have to stop using the excuse that I can stick unwanted items on eBay. Too much faffing about and anyway, eBay will probably be flooded with them. Also, I feel similarly about the AD contents as today’s selection (like 2, dislike 2 and don’t know 2 so a risk). I’m going to stick to deals where it’s all one or two fragrances I definitely like, maybe bigger bottles.

If anyone spots any Shay & Blue deals on their site, QVC, Asos or elsewhere now that so many places seem to sell it, please post here!
Try and stay positive Andi, we must be due a Molton Brown TSV shortly 😂

Flaming heck … 34 quids including postage for shay and blue hand and body wash and lotion duo
Is it worth it please ?
Not bought any of their items before 👍

Can't afford this but I fancy the sicilian lime. Hope I can pick it up on ebay but the prices there are stupid. Maybe someone will put up a bargain.

By October, I should be needing some MB so hope there's a TSV.

CC

Can't afford this but I fancy the sicilian lime. Hope I can pick it up on ebay but the prices there are stupid. Maybe someone will put up a bargain.

By October, I should be needing some MB so hope there's a TSV.

CC
I tried the Sicilian lime and all I could smell was curry ??? No citrus whatsoever
Might have been a bad bottle but put me off retrying

Actually, do figs really have a smell? If they do, I can’t detect it, apart from a sort of earthy sweetness. Despite that, I always seem to like anything with fig in the description or listed as one of the notes, including perfumes, candles, diffusers, etc. It’s odd. Or maybe I am!
Maybe the fig combined with the other components highlight its scent.

I owned Belladonna, but a friend kept asking about it, so I just gave her the bottle.

Currently own

Framboise Noir, it is more woody on me.

Suffolk Lavender, which is a gorgeous true lavender but now discontinued.

Black Tulip

I used to buy from M&S when they did the 20% off and the 30 MLS size.
My all time fav suffolk lavender. The best lavender fragrance I have tried. Such a shame they no longer produce it.

Latest posts

Back