Tarte TSV-Beauty bash 4/6/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine arrived today, I like the foundation but am glad I didn't go for a darker shade, I opted for the light medium honey, not sure about the lipstick, it certainly doesn't go with the blusher and I am not keen on the matt finish. Love the rest of it. The blusher is not the shade I would normally choose but is nice used subtly, not if I will cancel the auto deliveries as don't really need anymore make up but will see how I get on with this one

Okay have to say this. Who has twisted the lipstick all the way up? I did yesterday being nosey, well I was quite surprised to see how little product there is. The case feels heavy so expected more lipstick in it, about a inch and no more.

Okay have to say this. Who has twisted the lipstick all the way up? I did yesterday being nosey, well I was quite surprised to see how little product there is. The case feels heavy so expected more lipstick in it, about a inch and no more.

I did the same when mine arrived. Like the lipstick but what a waste of case for so little product, felt like a bit of a con!

I think that mine is going back, I got it mainly for the foundation and that's not it. The only things I like are the brush and the bag.
The foundation is so matte that it makes the skin look dull and as mentioned in another post it slides. I tested it with my other foundations, applied half face Tarte and half face other, and asked my OH which side looked better, and each time he pointed the other side looked better. I also tested it against e.l.f. cosmetics foundation that I bought for around £2 (ordered for $3 a while back, now the price has gone up to $6, £4.20) and it wins hands down.

These TSV's are a bit like christmas you get all excited waiting for them to come and when they actually arrived its a big anti climax.

I tried mine today and although I like the palate and mascara I'm not sold on the foundation. Think I will be sending it back. Probably for the best anyway as I'm not sure I need anymore makeup really!

I dont really like the foundation, I was hoping it was like estee lauder double wear but no. I am also not keen on the colour. I have the powder one from tarte in a similar shade and that is ok. I like the rest of the kit tho so I will keep it, mix it with a paler/pinky foundation and see if that is any good. will most likely cancel the AD though.

Yes I have, the undereye bit is underwhelming and you have to be super light handed with the highlighter, but apart from that it's gorgeous. I love the ROTS packaging.

So woman on QVC FB page is complaining about the black eyeliner in the TSV. She says no matter what she does there is no colour coming off it. Two people have now ask if she is using the correct end? The clear plastic bit is the smudger. PMSL! So far she has not come back to reply.

Mine came yesterday and I tried it this morning - the foundation is very light - I look like a ghost. Wish I had gone with the Tan now instead of the Medium. So that will have to go back and I will have to cancel the AD. It is so difficult choosing shades on QVC. It was annoying watching the Tarte presentations as normally they say which QVC presenter the colours match and I can normally go for the Julia Roberts/Ali Keenan shade. They really didn't say much about the darker shades :( I did like the coverage of the foundation and it was really easy. The mascara was fantastic probably one of the best I have tried. The other products were 'ok'.

Got my twinkle palette today - again the colours are very light. Will try tomorrow but not holding out much hope for that.

I wish make up companies would make more make up for people like me with a bit of colour. I tend to buy Urban Decay as they are the only ones who cater for darker skins.

I am sending my TSV back too. I bought the fair. I do like the foundation but not enough to keep the whole thing when I prefer the Mally one from her TSV, bare minerals and Doll 10.

Really don't like the colour of the blush in the compact. I prefer a pop of pink which suits my skin tone much better. The eyeshadow were ok, but not half as good as my Mally and Laura Geller pallets. I do have a Tarte quad from one of the TSV's that I prefer better.

Liked the lipstick colour, texture and staying power, but the size is a total con.

Don't wear black eyeliner. I prefer espresso, Taupes and navy. And Mally eyeliner are superior, but I do wear an espresso brown Tarte one one which is one of those tight liner ones. It's fine.

Got plenty mascara, using Tarte at the mo and have 3 mally waiting in the wings.

The brush was nice, already have the bent eyeshadow brush and hardly use it.

The bag woukd just take up space in the cupboard as I use other ones. The Recent Mally bag is a good, useful size.

...you didn't hear this from me...

...and I can hear my old headmistress' voice saying "you're ruining it for everyone else" but if QVC won't allow you to switch your auto-delivery to a different shade for future drops, what's to stop one ordering the foundation in the right shade as a stand alone item and "accidentally" returning the "wrong" foundation - the single item one?

If they had any real understanding "customer service" they'd offer to swap the foundation tube and going that extra mile might actually help them keep the auto-deliveries going. Otherwise they'll have lots of returns and lots of cancelled ADs!

I hold my hands up, I am a bad person! :bandit:

Latest posts

Back