Tarte TSV-Beauty bash 4/6/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

...and I can hear my old headmistress' voice saying "you're ruining it for everyone else" but if QVC won't allow you to switch your auto-delivery to a different shade for future drops, what's to stop one ordering the foundation in the right shade as a stand alone item and "accidentally" returning the "wrong" foundation - the single item one?

If they had any real understanding "customer service" they'd offer to swap the foundation tube and going that extra mile might actually help them keep the auto-deliveries going. Otherwise they'll have lots of returns and lots of cancelled ADs!

I hold my hands up, I am a bad person! :bandit:

We won't say anything :mysmilie_11:

It's a poor do when there's a dodgy way to bend the rules for a reasonable outcome, QVC should grasp the nettle and offer to swap foundations or should follow the Liz Earle and Joan Collins companies and include sachets of all of a range's foundations so you can test without opening the main tube and swap the tube for a better match if needs be without returning the whole set.

I'm not holding my breath though.

edit: just to clarify Joan Collins Cosmetics don't (thru QVC) swap foundations but they do send out foundation samples with all their items which seems a good way to minimise future foundation returns.

...and I can hear my old headmistress' voice saying "you're ruining it for everyone else" but if QVC won't allow you to switch your auto-delivery to a different shade for future drops, what's to stop one ordering the foundation in the right shade as a stand alone item and "accidentally" returning the "wrong" foundation - the single item one?

If they had any real understanding "customer service" they'd offer to swap the foundation tube and going that extra mile might actually help them keep the auto-deliveries going. Otherwise they'll have lots of returns and lots of cancelled ADs!

I hold my hands up, I am a bad person! :bandit:

I did actually think of doing the - order a new foundation and accidentally send the wrong one back. I couldn't find the shade name anywhere on the tube so don't think the people in the warehouse would know which was which :)

The writing on the tube is near the top and it small and black if that helps. I doubt Returns would notice or even look.

Charlotte Tilbury also does samples with every full size foundation, you get the one you bought plus one lighter and one a shade darker. You try the samples if not right return the full size free P&P and get the correct one.

I was away when this TSV was aired, but I knew what it was in advance & knew I wanted it, so I asked my Mum to order it for me. I wanted it in 'light' as I ordered the RotS foundation in 'light medium' and it wasn't the right shade for me (very orange in colour). However, QVC didn't send me the 'light', they sent the 'light medium'. However, in this 12-hour foundation the colour is a perfect match, I've been wearing it all for the last couple of days.

Sounds like it was all a big, fat mess really on the day...

Mmm not sure about the Twinkle highlighter kit it is very shiny in a AY tin man kind of way and sits in fine lines, what do you all think who bought it?

I finally wore the foundation, squeezed far too much out of the tube to start with. Found it hard to wash the extra off my hand which was interesting. Yes I had to use a nail brush and loads of soap. I used my beauty blender damp which gave a nice coverage. I got the Light and though it looked quite yellow out and about I did ask a friends about my foundation being too yellow? Answer was no. Stayed on well in clammy weather, I did use a primer under it.

Not mad on the mascara, for one I never put mascara on bottom lashes for years now. The one for the top didn't seem any different from loads of other mascaras I have bought over the years and moved on from. To be honest I prefer dark brown or burgundy. The lipstick was a revelation it applies quite thickly perhaps that is why its small? Very creamy and stayed put through a morning of me talking ten to the dozen with friends. Still like the colour a lot.

Still love the palette, I notice on QVC Facebook a number of people saying theirs had fingerprints on it. Mine did have a mark on two eyeshadows but they are not fingerprints, its something to do when they are sticking the eyeshadows into their squares. I have seen this on high end as well, its something to do with assembly and not done with bare fingers for a start.

Finally used my set today. I love the palette but I'm a bit "whatever" about the rest of the kit. Wondering if I should cancel the autodelivey and go for the BM today instead!

Mmm not sure about the Twinkle highlighter kit it is very shiny in a AY tin man kind of way and sits in fine lines, what do you all think who bought it?

I used mine for the first time yesterday, went to visit a friend & she said it looked really good. She liked it a lot.
The brush is amazing also, worth applying it for the brush alone. lol!

I don't like it - as you say it is VERY shiny and also the colours are very pale. As I have tanned skin it looks like I have put white stripes on especially if I use the brush that came with it as it is quite small. It is marginally better if I use a big fluffy brush. Either way it is going back :(

A bit disappointed with the Tarte TSV tbh. Think I will probably return it. Didn't think the palette was anything special. The hi-lighter is very chalky & white looking on the skin when applied. Eyeshadows nothing special. The eyeshadow double ended brush I found, felt quite scratchy. The mascara is quite dry, feel I need to put on several coats to get the desired effect. Lipstick nothing special. Liked the blusher & already have the foundation. Shame, I had high hopes for this. Will continue to use for a couple of days to be sure, but don't think its a keeper.

The writing on the tube is near the top and it small and black if that helps. I doubt Returns would notice or even look.

Charlotte Tilbury also does samples with every full size foundation, you get the one you bought plus one lighter and one a shade darker. You try the samples if not right return the full size free P&P and get the correct one.

That's really good to know!

I finally wore the foundation, squeezed far too much out of the tube to start with. Found it hard to wash the extra off my hand which was interesting. Yes I had to use a nail brush and loads of soap. I used my beauty blender damp which gave a nice coverage. I got the Light and though it looked quite yellow out and about I did ask a friends about my foundation being too yellow? Answer was no. Stayed on well in clammy weather, I did use a primer under it.

Not mad on the mascara, for one I never put mascara on bottom lashes for years now. The one for the top didn't seem any different from loads of other mascaras I have bought over the years and moved on from. To be honest I prefer dark brown or burgundy. The lipstick was a revelation it applies quite thickly perhaps that is why its small? Very creamy and stayed put through a morning of me talking ten to the dozen with friends. Still like the colour a lot.

Still love the palette, I notice on QVC Facebook a number of people saying theirs had fingerprints on it. Mine did have a mark on two eyeshadows but they are not fingerprints, its something to do when they are sticking the eyeshadows into their squares. I have seen this on high end as well, its something to do with assembly and not done with bare fingers for a start.[/QUOT

Ouch at the thought of using a nail brush on your hand! Any fdn this tenacious should come off easily with a cleansing oil or eye makeup remover 😊

I put hot water on my hand and you could see beads of water running off! I would off the back of hand with foundation put some on dap beauty blender into and dab on face. But as I said soap and the nail brush shifted it. Now it did come off the face with normal double cleanse.

Hi ladies, have returned to the thread to try to ascertain which palette is in the next drop. Can anyone remember? Am also going away on 3 September and am hopeful it will arrive by then but think I'm being over optimistic.

I ordered the original kit so that my daughter could try the foundation and as the kit was such good value was happy to order the TSV for her. Ordered Light Sand and she is very pleased with the colour match and foundation so I will be keeping the auto deliveries.

She also loves the mascara and foundation brush. We have both tried the palette and are not impressed by the eye colours. Was asking question above as I've just watched a YouTube video featuring The Matte palette which looks lovely. We do both like the bronzer and my daughter likes the highlighter. I sold the lipstick on Facebook. If anyone is interested in the QVC Sellers page PM me. I also tried to sell the eyeliner but had no takers. For me the lipstick looked too similar to other colours I own.

I have tried the foundation myself and, whilst the colour was a little light for me, loved the coverage. I found an Ebayer who sells samples and tried Light Medium Honey. Again, if anyone wants a link PM me. I have since bought the full size tube from said fab page.

I've also bought a Tarte Princess Park Avenue bronzer (though it looks like Bronze n Brighten in that it is made up of different hues) and Tarte Exposed blush both of which I am pleased with.

Edited : I have now had a look on my account at the AD details. Thought I'd done this in the past and that they did not feature.

Here is a picture of the next drop, sorry it's a bit small but hopefully it will give you an idea! image.jpgimage.jpg

I sold the lipstick on Facebook. If anyone is interested in the QVC Sellers page PM me. I also tried to sell the eyeliner but had no takers. .

I'd be interested in the Facebook QVC sellers page, please.

Latest posts

Back