Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yep, that was where I bought mine. It's in our daughter's garage & they do use it, only issue being that the recipes need dried milk powder & that's an endangered species.
I am not sure if mine is in the shed, or whether it went to the tip.

Had delivery from DHL yesterday, usual chap. I stood at the top of the drive and told him to drop it at the bottom. He said they were taking photos instead of signing.
Other half watched a driver do that the other day, he thought it was one of the neighbours does not like parcels left elsewhere.

M&S sent out an email, they are not taking the Sparks their loyalty card at the moment. Also only food halls open and they are going to start only letting in so many at a time.

A friend who like me has asthma but on different inhalers, the chemist is having problems getting the purple one she uses.

Interesting to read that Mr & Mrs Markle have hot foot it to LA as the border is about to close ! which for someone who hates Trump as much as Mrs Markle does, is surprising she wants to return to the States. But I wonder if she realises LA is also in lockdown 😂 Perhaps they'll keep flying in their private jet around the world, looking for a COVID 19 free zone.
I don't know why I even think about him but do wonder if he feels like a square peg in a round hole.

I have just been shopping in the senior hour at Waitrose and it was great! The shelves were pretty well stocked, bread, fruit and veg were back, and I got some loo rolls and tissues! So a success and it has changed from being like shopping in Albania in the Cold War to feeling like a resident of Bel Air. It has quite boosted my mood.

Our Boots was operating a very strict one out, one in policy with only about three people in the shop. Purchases were very strictly limited to pharmacy and healthcare, so no hair colour for me but I could get a foot file! Apparently toothbrushes are not healthcare items which I think is debatable. Our Superdrug was shut but may be on restricted hours. I was home before the end of Desert Island Discs which I normally listen to before going out.

I'm going to attempt a shop tomorrow morning. I've got a couple of elderly relatives so I put a note through each of their doors this morning asking if there's anything they'd like me to try and get for them.
My parents have only asked for some milk and an Iceberg lettuce, so I'm hoping for something equally as simple from them to be honest.
I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm hopeful it should be quiet enough at 8am. Wish me luck though please :)

I'm going to attempt a shop tomorrow morning. I've got a couple of elderly relatives so I put a note through each of their doors this morning asking if there's anything they'd like me to try and get for them.
My parents have only asked for some milk and an Iceberg lettuce, so I'm hoping for something equally as simple from them to be honest.
I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm hopeful it should be quiet enough at 8am. Wish me luck though please :)
Sorry, that should say elderly neighbours. I was too late noticing so couldn't edit the post.

What was it they called her - The degree wife - because it would last 3 years. I think any kudos he may have had has now completely gone down the plug hole.
the degree wife! I have never heard that before. Hilarious.

good luck. One word of caution. If they all want milk and you do too, you may come up against a limit at the till so to avoid an embarrassing moment you might have to check you are getting say three huge milks rather than six small ones. And I know from my own experience that my mother would have moaned like bu****y if presented with one of those huge cartons of milk. Are they 2 Litres? Apologies if you were fully aware of all that.

good luck. One word of caution. If they all want milk and you do too, you may come up against a limit at the till so to avoid an embarrassing moment you might have to check you are getting say three huge milks rather than six small ones. And I know from my own experience that my mother would have moaned like bu****y if presented with one of those huge cartons of milk. Are they 2 Litres? Apologies if you were fully aware of all that.
I can see shopping for others being a problem but not sure how you would get around this? Milk can’t really be stockpiled so perhaps a bit more leeway on this as long as it isn’t ridiculous. Or maybe the larger cartons could be decanted when you get home but whether this could be done in a satisfactorily sterile way I don’t know.

I remember Nigella Lawson saying that she was sometimes extravagent but never wasteful & that's pretty much how I am with food. However, I've become even more aware of not wasting a thing & making stuff last. I adore grapes & usually eat them throughout the day, the bunch I bought a week ago is down to the last quarter - under normal circumstances it would have disappeared by Monday.

It’s all very well London MP and people with extended families rabbiting on about this but what of folk living by themselve in the sticks - who is going to “deliver” things to them.

if I hear once more about using sanitizer I will punch the TV - are they living in the real world where there isn’t any for love or money? I’ll bet the health secretary isn’t short of supplies and will fill his fat arse in the H of P restaurant.

For 4 months Ill have to choose between death from the virus, killing Mr L or just dying of boredom.
I am not being 'smug' here and I don't mean to be, but having a little OCD with regards to germs, I have had on-order hand wash and hand sanitizer from the Digital River for a long while now, though for some strange reason April's order is 'delayed'. could anyone give me any valid reasons why this should be :unsure:

I remember Nigella Lawson saying that she was sometimes extravagent but never wasteful & that's pretty much how I am with food. However, I've become even more aware of not wasting a thing & making stuff last. I adore grapes & usually eat them throughout the day, the bunch I bought a week ago is down to the last quarter - under normal circumstances it would have disappeared by Monday.
Me too, when making a cheese sandwich and there is just a wee bit left it’s normally popped in Mr L‘s mouth but not now - all I can think is that this bit could pad out another sandwich tomorrow. Bread is used down to the last crusts, toasted if needs be, that bit squishy tomato is good enough. A very keen eye is being kept on all food and I’m making sure that it is being used in strict rotation so absolutely everything gets used even if it means eating the same thing 3 days in a row.
How selfish all that sounds when a hell of a lot of people do this every single day but at least we are learning and I did live to a very strict budget in the past when we didn’t have 2 pence to rub together but it’s easy to forget when we too comfortable.

I am not being 'smug' here and I don't mean to be, but having a little OCD with regards to germs, I have had on-order hand wash and hand sanitizer from the Digital River for a long while now, though for some strange reason April's order is 'delayed'. could anyone give me any valid reasons why this should be :unsure:
Amazing how lack of hand sanitizer for normal home use is no longer the big news it was 2 weeks ago, even toilet rolls are old news! I’m not making light of your situation and hope you get the supplies you need.

I see we are going to have a world shortage of condoms!
Q steps up to the mark????

Me too, when making a cheese sandwich and there is just a wee bit left it’s normally popped in Mr L‘s mouth but not now - all I can think is that this bit could pad out another sandwich tomorrow. Bread is used down to the last crusts, toasted if needs be, that bit squishy tomato is good enough. A very keen eye is being kept on all food and I’m making sure that it is being used in strict rotation so absolutely everything gets used even if it means eating the same thing 3 days in a row.
How selfish all that sounds when a hell of a lot of people do this every single day but at least we are learning and I did live to a very strict budget in the past when we didn’t have 2 pence to rub together but it’s easy to forget when we too comfortable.
You're not being selfish & however bad life is for others being miserable ourselves won't change theirs. We lost someone last December, I love Christmas & felt so guilty for still feeling the same joy I always have, his widow picked up on this & told me not to be so daft because all the wailing in the world wouldn't change what had happened. I'm convinced that this crisis is a wake up call for humanity; I'm very eco aware & have to stop myself from getting on my soapbox, however, if it makes me peel potatoes more sparingly, think twice before I buy too much & reduce the amount of stuff I use it will have served a purpose in my life.

You're not being selfish & however bad life is for others being miserable ourselves won't change theirs. We lost someone last December, I love Christmas & felt so guilty for still feeling the same joy I always have, his widow picked up on this & told me not to be so daft because all the wailing in the world wouldn't change what had happened. I'm convinced that this crisis is a wake up call for humanity; I'm very eco aware & have to stop myself from getting on my soapbox, however, if it makes me peel potatoes more sparingly, think twice before I buy too much & reduce the amount of stuff I use it will have served a purpose in my life.

And the low life of society, in the face coughers, curfew ignorers, pensioners pension robbers etc., should be shipped to a desert island.

Latest posts

Back