Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cartoon thermometer 116431280_270124.png

In case anyone has missed it Marks are selling packs of 5 reuseable (washable) masks for £9.50
I’ve ordered them, I think I have about 20 masks now in various designs 🤦‍♀️

Are these in stores as well as online, do you know? I did a little Superdrug order online yesterday and although I wasn’t actually looking for face coverings, I saw they had some washable ones so almost popped one in my bag till I saw the reviews. They were damning: badly made, very thin, fraying, small, etc, which surprised me for Superdrug. What are your M&S ones like, Lynn? The only “review” on the website is just a moan about the black set being sold out (which is about as useful as the QVC reviews saying how excited they are before they’ve even received the item!).

Our local M&S closed yesterday after over 100 years trading they have relocated to a site ten miles away but only a food store. It’s a shocking blow to the high street and all their faithful customers. Of course I will still shop in the new store opening today but will miss browsing around the clothing dept.

That is sad. I dread it happening here as it holds the small town centre together. I like to think it’s busy enough to be saved but you never know.

Some people are paying silly money for masks. There was an article yesterday and "designer" brands are selling masks costing up to £500 each. I notice Camilla was wearing a Liberty one yesterday (cost £75) and some brands are making masks to match particular dresses or outfits. I bought a set of reusable ones months ago but they`re beginning to stretch now due to taking off, putting on and being washed etc so I`ll have a look for some more but like everything else during this pandemic there are many places using it as an excuse to rip off people.

I bought some washable ones, but also got a box of 50 3 layer single use ones. To be honest, I prefer the single use ones because I don’t find them as hot as the washable ones. Having a bit that you can bend on the nose helps too. I’m hanging on to the washable ones though. They’ll be nice and warm for winter. 😷

I went shopping this morning and everyone was sporting a mask and it looked so normal. A reflection of these times sadly. However, I was surprised that some people thought that wearing a mask meant you just covered your mouth and left your nose uncovered. Maybe it was so they could breathe and didn’t get too hot but I’d rather cover up my nose and mouth rather than risk siphoning the virus up my nostrils while shopping. 😉

My niece posted a link to this site on my facebook page. I must admit there are some weird and wonderful masks and some hilarious ones too. Worth a browse just for entertainment value, not that I`ll be ordering.

I’ve ordered them, I think I have about 20 masks now in various designs 🤦‍♀️
Me too! I've always loved Etsy & have added masks to the items I look at regularly. My Mr T said he was worried about me when I showed him one from the US that I was considering buying to wear in the autumn 🍂🍁🎃🤪 the p&p was over £13. What has happened to me?

Me too! I've always loved Etsy & have added masks to the items I look at regularly. My Mr T said he was worried about me when I showed him one from the US that I was considering buying to wear in the autumn 🍂🍁🎃🤪 the p&p was over £13. What has happened to me?
😂 The only downside to all this mask wearing is you can’t really wear foundation or lippy🤔

Well I had a young district nurse today who was an absolute corker! She was horrified I was buying on Amazon, explained the system, said she would change my nominated prescription pharmacy (Boots in the high street) to an independent who will take her order and deliver to me tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Spent much of the day on the first draft of my diatribe to PALS at both hospitals. Going to chillax with rubbish telly now.

Well I had a young district nurse today who was an absolute corker! She was horrified I was buying on Amazon, explained the system, said she would change my nominated prescription pharmacy (Boots in the high street) to an independent who will take her order and deliver to me tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Spent much of the day on the first draft of my diatribe to PALS at both hospitals. Going to chillax with rubbish telly now.
Excellent news 💐

At last 👏
Thank goodness for that :)

Strato, thank you for continuing to find these memes, really cheering. And to everyone else, don't shy away from posting ones you find as well.
They are so good aren't they?

Well back to me! I have had a good day so far. Managed to get in and out of the neighbour's car so sorted for hospital to see the ******* at his clinic next week. Then a doctor neighbour came round and we chatted for an hour about treatments and how some people are treated really long term for non healing wounds without anyone ****** well amputating their limb! He told me to make a telephone appointment with my GP in case I needed to switch the Nursing referral to them from the hospital plus a few other suggestions/questions. I checked with the new pharmacy that they had received the dressings order and they told me it would be delivered today so fingers crossed. Then a lady opposite had put a card through and when I rang to thank her assured me she would pick up anything I needed from the High Street, which is good because sometimes it's little bits and pieces you need as much as Occado! Going to crash in front of the telly now.

Latest posts

Back