Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cartoon admin post 118242408_1015770.jpg

Does anybody actually pack their case like this ? In theory it should work but as one of those people who overpacks and takes everything bar the kitchen sink and then takes a deep breath at check in hoping my case isn`t overweight I somehow doubt I`d manage it. Not that I`ll have the problem this year thanks to covid.
case.jpg

All of those smug ”journalists “ seem to have clothes which fold into exactly the same size and shape, no underwire bras (the devils work re packing) or slippery materials, cosmetics or shoes.

Another thing they bang on about is getting multiple wears out of clothes, well after I have worn and sat In buses and trains sweating into a top there is no way on this earth I would be wearing it again. Something worn in the cool of the evening for an hour or two yes but magazines and Q presenters insist you can wear something to the beach then to a place for lunch and site seeing and then out in the evening for a meal at a nice restaurant. I don’t think so.

Does anybody actually pack their case like this ? In theory it should work but as one of those people who overpacks and takes everything bar the kitchen sink and then takes a deep breath at check in hoping my case isn`t overweight I somehow doubt I`d manage it. Not that I`ll have the problem this year thanks to covid.
View attachment 19432

I think you'd get less in , using the above method, albeit with fewer creases.
Plus there is nowhere to cram all the bottles in, using this method.

My friend took a kettle on our ski ing holiday, in case there wasn't one in the room.

They say you should roll clothes when packing to avoid creases and get more in but I have serious doubts.

2 suitcase, 1 medium, 1 smaller but same weight allowance so they go in, come out, mixed up, back in again all in an effort to distribute the weight between the different sizes

We went to Morocco over 40 years ago when it was not a tourist destination and our luggage went AWOL at the airport We were told either go without luggage or not go at all and that the luggage would follow.
Only after we were on board did they inform us that it would be a week before it would follow. This was at a time when NI passengers were not allowed hand luggage of any description so we had absolutely nothing with us.

It was an experience I never want to repeat especially since I was struck down with Montezuma‘s revenge hence why I have enough stuff in my case to stock a shopping mall.

They say you should roll clothes when packing to avoid creases and get more in but I have serious doubts.

2 suitcase, 1 medium, 1 smaller but same weight allowance so they go in, come out, mixed up, back in again all in an effort to distribute the weight between the different sizes

We went to Morocco over 40 years ago when it was not a tourist destination and our luggage went AWOL at the airport We were told either go without luggage or not go at all and that the luggage would follow.
Only after we were on board did they inform us that it would be a week before it would follow. This was at a time when NI passengers were not allowed hand luggage of any description so we had absolutely nothing with us.

It was an experience I never want to repeat especially since I was struck down with Montezuma‘s revenge hence why I have enough stuff in my case to stock a shopping mall.
I also take a huge amount. I've always dreaded having to describe a medical issue in my faltering Italian so take away the stock of a small pharmacy. One year I was persuaded by our local chemist to buy a medical kit that was near its sell by date, apparently the plasters would have lost their adhesive qualities. There was a folding walking stick in this bag & our daughters found this hilarious. Quite early in the holiday a guest hurt his ankle & was very grateful for the use of said stick, strangely the girls found this even funnier. Have you returned to Morocco since that holiday from Hell?

I find packing & unpacking equally unpleasant. I 'spilt pack' the cases & even go so far as to coordinate our outfits, very Howard & Hilda. I always take too much the only exception was the mini break to Rome in April 2010; was I glad that my Mr T had said that we had to travel light because travelling back by every form of transport, apart from a plane, courtesy of Eyjafjallokull was bad enough without having to deal with cumbersome luggage.

I also take a huge amount. I've always dreaded having to describe a medical issue in my faltering Italian so take away the stock of a small pharmacy. One year I was persuaded by our local chemist to buy a medical kit that was near its sell by date, apparently the plasters would have lost their adhesive qualities. There was a folding walking stick in this bag & our daughters found this hilarious. Quite early in the holiday a guest hurt his ankle & was very grateful for the use of said stick, strangely the girls found this even funnier. Have you returned to Morocco since that holiday from Hell?
Never! I would rather stick hot needles in my eyeballs.

Actually the luggage thing was not the worst of that holiday.

Funny isn’t it how neat and tidy we are when packing to go, all freshly ironed and folded nice and flat, jump to packing our cases on the way home when everything is shoved and squashed in the case, using every available millimetre 😂
When we went to Sri Lanka and also on the Cruise last year we had the hotel/ship laundry do all our washing the day before we came home. It was really cheap and so worth it to avoid all that pile of laundry when you empty the case, which always seems to be my job. . . .

CC

When we went to Sri Lanka and also on the Cruise last year we had the hotel/ship laundry do all our washing the day before we came home. It was really cheap and so worth it to avoid all that pile of laundry when you empty the case, which always seems to be my job. . . .

CC

That’s brilliant 👏👏

In all honesty ours just gets lobbed at the back of the cupboard and done a little bit at a time when we do our usual twice weekly wash..........but your way is sooooooo. much better 😃👍

My Mr T's a climber & after a couple of weeks up mountains & staying in mountain huts his clothes have the ability to stand up by themselves :sick: & some need to be washed twice before they are acceptable. When he was younger he also went trekking; his first one was also the longest, four weeks in Nepal & at the end of the trip he had giardiasis. He called from Gatwick to say he was on his way home & that he'd been ill but was ok. A month of missing him disappeared instantly at the thought of that disease-ridden stuff (& him) coming into MY home. I wrote a large notice asking him to leave his bag in the garage, sleep downstairs & not go anywhere near the children. He sorted out his laundry etc & I took his bag to the end of the garden & set fire to it.

Funny isn’t it how neat and tidy we are when packing to go, all freshly ironed and folded nice and flat, jump to packing our cases on the way home when everything is shoved and squashed in the case, using every available millimetre 😂
I'm quite horrified by Lost Luggage Auctions & can't imagine opening up somebody's case full of minging underwear 90 days+ after the case was locked. Back to thoughts of the MW trousers 🤮

Hmm, stop giving me ideas 🔥🔥🔥

CC
It had to be done, we had a dear little cat called Pigbag & she circled the bag sniffing furiously as I was preparing its bbq area. I filled it with scrunched up newspaper & a few dry twigs & it went up like a rocket, Piggy & I watched from a safe dstance & the children were quite stunned that I'd done such a thing so I gave them the treat of telling him about his former bag.

It had to be done, we had a dear little cat called Pigbag & she circled the bag sniffing furiously as I was preparing its bbq area. I filled it with scrunched up newspaper & a few dry twigs & it went up like a rocket, Piggy & I watched from a safe dstance & the children were quite stunned that I'd done such a thing so I gave them the treat of telling him about his former bag.

Bet the woman from “Poohgate” wished she’d have thought of that, set the clothes alight and sent the charred remains back to QVC.

When we go on holiday I split our clothes between both suitcases and then if one case goes missing we at least both have some clothes in the other. Coming home dirty clothes all get packed into one case and any leftover clean clothes and anything we`ve bought get put in the other case along with any toiletries and shoes. I hate post holiday washing because many of the items we take away with us can`t be tumble dried and the UK weather frequently means trying to dry them indoors.

We holiday in Europe, mostly Italy and hotel laundry prices are eye watering it would actually be cheaper to dump the lot and buy new.

Ive often heard people say they take old clothes and underwear on holiday and just leave them but I wouldn’t want to go on my hols in clothes bad enough to dump! I wonder if it is a lot of who shot John.

Latest posts

Back