Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn’t think that pro biotic drinks/yogurts lowered cholesterol, but were more to help with gut problems. I’ve started to drink Benecol, or the supermarket equivalent, and hoping they work. I definitely don’t want to start taking statins!
I try and control cholesterol naturally. I do like cheese unfortunately but cutting back on dairy, using olive oil where poss, a few bowls of porridge every week and a small handful of almonds and walnuts every day really helps. Exercise as well if you can. A brisk walk for 15 mins is good. Doesn’t have to be a hike. I also do a bit of gentle Pilates at home. Anything you can manage should help.

I tried this for 3 months and it did absolutely nothing. I then discovered British Supplements which boast no fillers or bulked out products - just clean supplements. I was sceptical but ordered a few...well actually 6 different ones but the one to help with sugar cravings was the Berberine. I've only been on it a month but have lost 2.5kg in that time and actually don't even crave chocolate.
Here's a link https://www.british-supplements.net?sca_ref=5337625.i9SM9dZvAM
I've become an affiliate as I genuinely can feel the difference in these products - helping with my energy levels and sleep. It is a referral so you get 20% off and I also will benefit so I can understand if you're wary, but read the bumph and the reviews on the website and see what you think.

was AY’s hubby not a football player? I’m sure leading up to her engagement then marriage she said that, but she never mentions these days. You’re right in the early days she was a lot slimmer. Sometimes meds (as in my case) cause weight gain, I hate the fact.
Yes he used to play for Brighton

I tried this for 3 months and it did absolutely nothing. I then discovered British Supplements which boast no fillers or bulked out products - just clean supplements. I was sceptical but ordered a few...well actually 6 different ones but the one to help with sugar cravings was the Berberine. I've only been on it a month but have lost 2.5kg in that time and actually don't even crave chocolate.
I've become an affiliate as I genuinely can feel the difference in these products - helping with my energy levels and sleep. It is a referral so you get 20% off and I also will benefit so I can understand if you're wary, but read the bumph and the reviews on the website and see what you think.
Very interesting. Can I ask if there is a particular product you find helps with sleep? as I struggle to get to sleep or wake up early hours and can't get back to sleep, which makes work hard going at times. Thanks 😊

Very interesting. Can I ask if there is a particular product you find helps with sleep? as I struggle to get to sleep or wake up early hours and can't get back to sleep, which makes work hard going at times. Thanks 😊
For sleep I'm taking their magnesium and zinc. I'd taken magnesium from Amazon for 6 months and it didn't work for me. I'm not saying my sleep is perfect now but it is vastly improved. When I wake at 2 or 3am I actually fall asleep again!

Yesterday I watched a snippet of M Asam and Benamor. In both snippets she managed to mention gender! 😂😂
Catherine Huntley was wittering on about genders the other day. I switched off. This "suitable for all genders" stuff isn't actually true as Mr CC is a gender of some kind (he's a man but can we say that?) but he won't use any kind of beauty/hair/body products apart from plain old soap. I have managed to wean him off Asda's 40,000 bars of value soap for 20p onto Dove and that's pretty good going!

CC

I have been looking at this website. I like their philosophy. Could you send me the referral link please.

Catherine Huntley was wittering on about genders the other day. I switched off. This "suitable for all genders" stuff isn't actually true as Mr CC is a gender of some kind (he's a man but can we say that?) but he won't use any kind of beauty/hair/body products apart from plain old soap. I have managed to wean him off Asda's 40,000 bars of value soap for 20p onto Dove and that's pretty good going!

CC
This gender rollocks they're all parroting drives me up the spout! I'm honestly not bothered who wears make up and who doesn't (and what or what isn't in their general trouser department) but AY seems to be obsessed with it. Back off, petal - just tell me if the literal actual lipstick will come off on my gin glass or not.

I've not long since weaned Mr WT off bottles of Wash and Go and onto shampoo bars - which, from the way he reacted, you'd thought I'd have performed gender reassignment on him without sterilising my nail scissors first :eek: - but now he loves them (the KinKind ones in case anyone of any gender wants a literal, actual recommendation!!) I'll never prise the Simple Soap out of his hands, but that's OK...I'm a Dove womb-owner (;))

If they continue to bang on about genders, they’ll probably end up suggesting that dresses and nightdresses are for all genders ….. at which point I’ll have to count to 10. 🙄 In all honesty, I don’t mind what gender someone chooses to be, although I can’t get to grips with the they/them bit of it, but I don’t think it’s necessary for a shopping channel to go on about it at every available opportunity just to get sales.

If they continue to bang on about genders, they’ll probably end up suggesting that dresses and nightdresses are for all genders ….. at which point I’ll have to count to 10. 🙄 In all honesty, I don’t mind what gender someone chooses to be, although I can’t get to grips with the they/them bit of it, but I don’t think it’s necessary for a shopping channel to go on about it at every available opportunity just to get sales.
You have raised a very very valid point. Shopping from home i.e QVC means nobody has to know for who, whom, why and you want to buy for. Why is she going on about it constantly. If she says it anymore I will phone QVC and say that I want to cancel my account because of her,

You have raised a very very valid point. Shopping from home i.e QVC means nobody has to know for who, whom, why and you want to buy for. Why is she going on about it constantly. If she says it anymore I will phone QVC and say that I want to cancel my account because of her,
Could you complain rather than cancel your account? I don't think she will stop saying this nonsense.

Latest posts

Back