Constructive Feedback for ideal world

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dawsthe1

Registered Shopper
We are 7 months in now with the new incarnation of ideal world. Here is some feedback for the powers that be

1. The current studio is not up to standards. It is embarrassing to watch trying to demo products in a small space. I noticed when they was showing the floor for a vacuum, the laminate floor is in such a poor state. Here we are 7 months later and the whole studio set up still looks cheap and nasty.

2. Poor products! A large amount of cheap tat as seen tonight with the bbq grill going up in flames live on air. I would be hesitant to buy any electrical d from them. The cheap Chinese products does them no favours. I do believe they make money on some things such as the walking sticks and dash cams. If it was not viable they would not continue to sell and buy them back in.

3. Poor camera quality! When watching on sky the picture quality is so bad. Good cameras and lighting make products seem more appealing. This will never be a qvc and it shouldn’t try to compete, but if I was a new shopper I would think twice about buying as it all looks cheap and not very professional.

4. Lack of promotional videos for the breaks. Unlike tjc who have several promos running at ideal world for 7 months they have the same promos day in day out. It seems as if nobody cares. The sound volume differences on each promo really comes across as amateurish.

5. Graphics need improving. Since TJC took over they have the options for different sizes etc. TJC explain this well with their on screen graphics such as 1 for small 2 for medium etc however iw don’t do this. Sometimes it is extremely hard to understand what option you need as the descriptions are poorly worded

6. Not as fun to watch! I do enjoy watching tjc and buy quite a bit. I like to see how popular a product is, and you can see this with quantity sold and quantity left. All iw do is call out some names and say things such as not much left or it’s close to selling out. Tjc for me get this right they are open with regards to how much stock is in the presentation. I loved watching iBuy who built tension and suspense with stock warnings and a change of camera angle. This was years ago and when comparing iw are no where near that level of fun, excitement or production values.

I won’t mention presenters as they have been covered in a lot of detail on the other threads.

I feel this new ideal world has an identity crisis and it does not know what it is trying to be.

Up to now I have not been negative but have hoped this would improve. I am coming to realise this may be the best we get from them unfortunately.

I feel this new ideal world has an identity crisis and it does not know what it is trying to be.
It's important to consider the reasons behind TJC's acquisition of the IW brand. It has been done solely for TJC to have another company from which to sell the exact same products and increase their market growth. Therefore, Ideal World is basically TJC2/TJC Beauty. TJC's purchase of Ideal World has stripped them of their identity. It once was the home of big brands, but TJC has ruined that identity and turned it into the home of mostly cheap tat.

It's important to consider the reasons behind TJC's acquisition of the IW brand. It has been done solely for TJC to have another company from which to sell the exact same products and increase their market growth. Therefore, Ideal World is basically TJC2/TJC Beauty. TJC's purchase of Ideal World has stripped them of their identity. It once was the home of big brands, but TJC has ruined that identity and turned it into the home of mostly cheap tat.

Yep that's the important bit, that's the crux of the matter, for TJC this is purely a marketing/retail strategy. The year previous to buying the IW name, TJC's revenue/sales fell nearly £10 million, so hoover up the IW name, use it to rename TJC beauty, spend as minimal as possible on rebranding the channel, and hopefully attract former IW viewers and customers who didn't watch or shop at TJC previously to increase sales/revenue. Of course those viewers/customers are under the impression they are getting a resurrected IW, but in reality it's just TJC's second channel, with a few ex IW presenters, as it always has been, hence why so many viewers/customers are unhappy with the channel. It doesn't have IW's identity etc as they didn't buy the IW company and all that goes with it, staff, buildings, spirit, ethos, identity etc, just the name, customer data, some cameras and a channel slot. The core that made IW what is was is gone.

If folks are looking for an IW copy then Shop on TV is well on the way, when it goes full time, to being a reincarnation of the IW when Ideal Shopping direct was running the show. I know a lot of folks round here like Rob and he seems a decent enough guy, but slowly but surely he's being surrounded by all that made IW the mess it was, same guys at the helm who run Ideal Shopping Direct into oblivion, some of the same presenters with more to come, same brands, same "experts"/guests, and from the limited amount i've watched the same ethos. Imo watching the strategy of Ideal Shopping Direst and Shop on TV, they both have a strategy which is focused on using the TV channel as a means to promoting & building an online retail web site to compete, or at least take a share of teh market, with the big online retailers out there, like Amazon, Argos etc

Latest posts

Back