Amazing service and delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
QVC should learn from this.

I had a problem with my 2 1/2 year old GTECH Air Ram vac, bought from QVC.

I rang GTECH yesterday, they immediately agreed to send a substantial new part, free under warranty, and said it would be delivered tomorrow (ie today now).

Had an immediate confirmation email.

Today I had an email from DPD (the carrier) to confirm delivery today, but not just "sometime never" today, but between 1431 and 1531 (I like the 1 at the end LOL).

And I can see the exact progress of the named courier Matt, including seeing the position of his van on a map! It is currently in the local area. They told me what delivery number he was on at the moment, and my delivery number.

And there were loads of options if I wanted to change anything, or arrange for a specified neighbour to take it in for me etc.

Of course, it has not actually arrived yet, so I will let you know what happens.

I'm looking forward to 1431.

I`ve just had a delivery via DPD this morning. The exact same process as yourself and I was emailed first thing saying my parcel would arrive between 09.30 and 10.30am. It arrived at 09.37. delivered by Ray and I only ordered the items on Sunday. Yes QVC certainly have a lot to learn !

Above examples show how methods in retail sector have significantly improved and progressed, both embracing technology and strong personal customer service .

Unfortunately the dinosaur that is Q, really needs to take note and up its game on several fronts if it wishes to succeed in the customer savvy shrinking market place.

I love DPD's precision! I had an email saying my telly would be delivered between 10:42 and 11:42!! Soooo precise ��. Unfortunatly it ACTUALLY arrived at 9:35 but hey, they tried!!!

I had a DPD delivery today too - I didn't actually get the delivery window email/text I usually get today and, as mermaid just said, they don't always hit the time slot anyway, but 9 times out of 10 they do and I find them excellent on the whole. I don't mind Hermes either myself but if QVC were to switch to DPD, I think they would get far fewer complaints from customers. I wonder if they are really expensive compared to the deal QVC has presumably screwed Hermes down to, I mean negotiated with Hermes.

I agree DPD are great for delivery. I am always happy with my delivery time when QVC use Hermes - it is far faster than Royal Mail.

DPD are great! I love their constant updates so you always know where your parcel is and, so far, they've never missed a promised time slot. They've even delivered goods on a Sunday that had only been ordered the Saturday before!

My daughter had some things sent to my home via DPD. I rang her to say they had arrived and she already knew after receiving a text/email from them. Very impressed!

We regularly get delivery s via DPD, always good service and prompt,actually had one today. The companies we get our dog food from use them!

I had the most amazingly quick delivery this week by of all people...Royal Mail!
Sunday evening, 5pm, I ordered three items for the dogs from an online supplier of pet medical products, nothing urgent just Frontline & some tooth cleaning stuff, cheaper than Amazon
. It was here at 10am the very next morning, Monday! Just 17 hours later, incredible! And it was free delivery!

I agree DPD service is excellent, but Hermes don't seem to use that kind of technology yet - I think it's because Hermes drivers use their own vehicles, but in today's world it's probably only a matter of time before they do.
I must say, my Hermes delivery is very good, much quicker and reliable than Royal Mail !!!

Latest posts

Back