Another Elemis TSV on 6th September

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Remember back when QVC did the 400ml duo cleaner and toner for £19? They did honour but I bet it cost them dear to do so. OK say we got letters saying don't expect this to happen ever ever ever again. I imagine whoever did it was taken out and publicy flogged. LOL

I'm still using mine, really was a steal from QVC! :cheeky:

My sample arrived today as well. Doesn't really matter though as I wasn't interested in the cleanser and toner with the TSV. x

My sample arrived today as well. Doesn't really matter though as I wasn't interested in the cleanser and toner with the TSV. x
This goes to show that QVC really ought to sort out their delivery times... Potentially, all these late sample might have consituted lost sales of the TSV...

HQHair email response to mispriced Elemis item

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, regrettably a human error that was only brought to our attention today has occurred and we are unable to honour the price as it is far below even the cost of goods to ourselves.

We are within our rights not to dispatch your product, please see 3.3 of our terms and conditions which you agreed to when ordering with us.

3 Prices and VAT (Sales Tax)
3.1 Depending upon your choice of currency, our prices are stated in Pounds Sterling (£), Euros (€) or US Dollars ($) and include Sales Tax (VAT) at the rate of 15%. If your order qualifies with us for UK Tax Free Shopping the Sales Tax (VAT) will be automatically deducted during checkout and a service charge of £5 will be made.
3.2 Our VAT Number: GB 752 5674 13.
3.3 We clearly show you the price you have to pay for our products. If, by mistake, we have under-priced a product, we will not have to deliver that product to you at the stated price, provided that we tell you before we post the product. You can then decide if you still want the product.
3.4 You can only purchase Instant Gift Cards™ at full value (including paying VAT) and cannot pay for them using any other promotional offers or codes. Once you purchase an Instant Gift Card™ we will send it by email to the recipient and you cannot cancel it.
3.5 If you have received an Instant Gift Card™, you cannot transfer it to anyone else and you cannot use it to purchase other Instant Gift Cards™. You can only use it to make purchases up to the value of the Instant Gift Card™ (if your purchase is over the value of the Instant Gift Card™, you will need to pay the additional amount). You cannot use an Instant Gift Card™ anywhere except online at an HQ Site. When you do use your Instant Gift Card™, you will be able to use the value in whole or part, and in conjunction with any promotional offers or codes applicable to the goods which you are buying.
3.6 When an Instant Gift Card™ is used on an HQ Site we only check the Instant Gift Card™ code and assume the Instant Gift Card™ is being used by the recipient. Once you have received an Instant Gift Card™, please be careful with it to ensure it is not used to make any unauthorised purchases.

We did get a £5.00 gift voucher on your next order as a token of apology.

Again we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

HQHair email response to mispriced Elemis item

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, regrettably a human error that was only brought to our attention today has occurred and we are unable to honour the price as it is far below even the cost of goods to ourselves.

We are within our rights not to dispatch your product, please see 3.3 of our terms and conditions which you agreed to when ordering with us.

3 Prices and VAT (Sales Tax)
3.1 Depending upon your choice of currency, our prices are stated in Pounds Sterling (£), Euros (€) or US Dollars ($) and include Sales Tax (VAT) at the rate of 15%. If your order qualifies with us for UK Tax Free Shopping the Sales Tax (VAT) will be automatically deducted during checkout and a service charge of £5 will be made.
3.2 Our VAT Number: GB 752 5674 13.
3.3 We clearly show you the price you have to pay for our products. If, by mistake, we have under-priced a product, we will not have to deliver that product to you at the stated price, provided that we tell you before we post the product. You can then decide if you still want the product.
3.4 You can only purchase Instant Gift Cards™ at full value (including paying VAT) and cannot pay for them using any other promotional offers or codes. Once you purchase an Instant Gift Card™ we will send it by email to the recipient and you cannot cancel it.
3.5 If you have received an Instant Gift Card™, you cannot transfer it to anyone else and you cannot use it to purchase other Instant Gift Cards™. You can only use it to make purchases up to the value of the Instant Gift Card™ (if your purchase is over the value of the Instant Gift Card™, you will need to pay the additional amount). You cannot use an Instant Gift Card™ anywhere except online at an HQ Site. When you do use your Instant Gift Card™, you will be able to use the value in whole or part, and in conjunction with any promotional offers or codes applicable to the goods which you are buying.
3.6 When an Instant Gift Card™ is used on an HQ Site we only check the Instant Gift Card™ code and assume the Instant Gift Card™ is being used by the recipient. Once you have received an Instant Gift Card™, please be careful with it to ensure it is not used to make any unauthorised purchases.

We did get a £5.00 gift voucher on your next order as a token of apology.

I got this very same email save for this crucial bit!!!:angry: Not fair!!! Are you a regular customer, kettlepot? if you don't mind me asking...

Ooooo, I didn't get that, and I'm a regular customer. Sillysausage, we may need your mafia connections...

I got a reply to my email from a buyer:-

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, regrettably a human error occurred and we are unable to honour the price as it is far below the even the cost of goods to ourselves.

We value your custom and support, the email you received was sent to everyone who was waiting for this product – a couple of hundred people, it was the unusual amount that we sold over the weekend that alerted us to the mistake. We would like to offer you a £5.00 gift voucher on your next order as a gesture of goodwill. If you would like this I will issue the card immediately.

I think the £5.00 ought to have been offered to all the customers who bought the kit, rather than only some of them... (but good for you LoopyLoo!)

It's still for sale at the same price though I see!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT THAT it is until you get it in your basket then the price goes up to £39

Hmmm, interesting and I'm sure I'll get a similar e-mail today having replied to them last night. I'm considering contacting Trading Standards - can a company's own terms and conditions really overall general trading laws??

They have definately already taken the money from my credit card so have surely agreed the 'contract' in doing so?

Em xXx

They have debited my credit card. I am so cross about this, OK we lost out on a bargain but they had no right to take the money then say tough.

I'm even more annoyed now as inbetween it being charged to my credit card and them cancelling, I've had my statement meaning possible interest if they don't refund quickly (as I've heard they're pretty bad at).#

Em xXx

My understanding is that if they have taken the funds they have entered a contract to supply the goods. I have emailed this morning to point this out. Also pointed out that the loss of bargain rule would be considered if i took this further.

I have told them to send out my purchase at the price I have paid.

Sorry Ladies, but although they can't make you pay the full price i.e. £39, legally, they are quite within their rights to 'refuse to sell' you the goods at the incorrect price.
Sometimes they will sell it to you, as gesture of 'goodwill' as in QVC's case, but legally they don't have to. Both parties have to enter in to the contract willingly, obviously they are not willing. I'd take the £5 & run.
Whats that saying, ''If somethings too good to be true............blah blah. (or something like that.)

Hmm, they shouldn't have taken my money then!!!

Em xXx

Unfortunatley their website in the ts and cs states that the contract is only when the goods are dispatched.
They have sadly done nothing wrong.
However they may have had 200 new happy customers who would have used their site more if they had honoured it like QVc did.

an example
http://www.out-law.com/page-6079

Latest posts

Back