Any purchases you have not returned?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
Well I have returned a fair few things lately but here are my keepers- From QVC- Over the year so far.

-Judith Williams serum plus refill(I had run out of serum and my skin feels thirsty without it and JW was by far the cheapest for more).
-Mally TSV, Mally POTM and Mally OTO
- Emma Hardie 200ml Moringa Balm before the price went up. Was on Easy pay too.
- SCW's clearance thread Artisan silver ring. paid £15 for a lot of silver. Utter bargain once I looked at the prices for similar online.
- L'Occitane Rose Quattre Reines 500 ml shower gel and 150 ml rose petals 20% shea hand cream.
- Kipling leather purse with birthday money.
-Set of 3 Yankee Candle large jars.
- Yong Kim Top in clearance that if I am not wearing I am washing
-Ultrasun TSV ( oh carp I just realised I have reached my 2 TSV limit! I forgot ultrasun!)

I returned everything else even the pendants I was deciding on for my birthday.

QVC brands where I have got bargain prices elsewhere:

Lola Rose Bluebell Quartz bracelett and birds scarf (going to a wedding not getting new outfit just accessories instead)

Clarks Drum major shoes in nude.

Kipling Syro and Reth ( at less than half price.

On all of the above Q was my shop window but got cheaper elsewhere.

So What have you bought (and kept) lately?

What Q brands have you sourced cheaper elsewhere?

Last edited:
Ok well bought the Ninja storm almost a mnth ago, i like it however wished id shopped around first as its on ebay and Amazon for cheaper :doh:, The set of 3 Artisan yankee candles, again there ok however had i smelt them before buying i wouldnt have bought but i did get them on the reduced p&p before they realised there mistake.

Im not buying any plants or flowers this year from Q, ive grown alot of bedding plants from seeds instead and also recently got some bargains from Morrisons. I wont be using Flower power either as i had rubbish results with it, ill still watch the garden shows thou.

I dont need any more skincare, im currently using Tesco's new Hot cloth cleanser and moisturiser which is great, ill be buying the Alpha H TSV as a present for my Auntie.

I still havent returned anything to Q yet :sweat: however if im not happy with any future purchases im gonna start sending them back.......... i promise:nod:

My purchases since the beginning of the year have been a set of Mally eyesticks and nothing else. I made it my purpose in life to try to avoid p and p charges, to source almost everything I want or need from elsewhere and to watch as little Q as possible. I`ve read time after time of people complaining about poor quality, expensive p and p, poor delivery services, the hard sell on screen, the lack of choice, the outdated TSV`s, the same old same old products, the hype, the boring guests, the twitter and ipad issue, the poor on screen graphics and so on and I`ve agreed with many of the complaints but Q aint gonna change, no way, not ever, so I decided to walk away from them.
I`m not attached to any particular brand of skincare so I can source that anywhere, lately from Ebay, Superdrug and Boots. I don`t follow certain designers of handbags, jewellery or clothes and so the world has been my oyster to look for those. I don`t have to panic when my bank statement comes because I don`t have any EP`s or repeat orders being taken out of it so I no longer get into a muddle. I don`t have to worry how much it will cost me to return an item because Q tend to be one of the few dinosaurs who don`t include a return label or a courier pickup or don`t have a local branch ( like Next, Boots, Debenhams ) where i can return items and my money is refunded instantly and finally I don`t have to listen to screechy voices telling me to jump to the phones, buy 6 of everything or tell me their life story thinly disguised as pretending to be everybody`s " friend "

I admire your resolve Vienna. I think I am My loathing of shopping means I have very few clothes and what I own gets worn and lasts years. I have one make up bag and one small vanity case plus a small cupboard in the bathroom for large bottles and I am now down to only "one on the go and one spare" in most things. Jewellery is much the same- I have just one jewellery box and one trinket box.

What my own thread has taught me is what I think isn't much actually adds up to a lot of money nevertheless and that I should stop now and do what I did with the serum- wait til it's nearly empty before getting a new one. The fact that I have not matched my QVC /Amazon spending elsewhere such as the high street reassures me that I am only "buying once". If I spent all of that on Q or Amazon and then went to House of Fraser or John Lewis and spent a fortune in there on candles and clothes and make up I would be very worried.

I have my handbags now and still own only 8 in total. I have 5 yankee candles and a box of tarts. I do not need any more!I have 6 pairs of shoes and one pair of boots. I have a good supply of make up and toilettries. My family's sun protection is sorted. I have sufficient jewellery and wear it all fairly regularly.

I don't need any more stuff!

Kept the Lulu and the GTech TSV. Returned a pendant bought for my step sister and some diamonique half hoop earrings. Kept another 7 items which were stuff like 7 pairs of eye glasses, mirror compact with tweezers. Artisan perfume 6 piece (should have returned that as scents haven't grown on me), Carole hochman PJs. I am successfully cutting back.

I have bought an OPI pink envy with avoplex duo and ultrasun face 30 so far this year that I've kept.

I've returned 2 kipling TSV bags.

Feel really pleased that I don't buy much from them anymore.

Bought, loved and kept the last Laura Geller TSV. Bought a Lola Rose pendant yesterday. That's it for this year!

Latest posts

Back