Butler & Wilson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gemma1

Registered Shopper
At the risk of being shot down in flames, does anyone else think B&W jewellry is cheap tat sold at inflated, prices? some of the T-shirts are quite nice but the sizing looks rather on the small side.

What is getting on my absolute nerves is all this fawning around over SW. The latest is Gobby Young. He clearly has made her a load of horsey stuff that she appeared wearing on set. ( they are hideous actually ). :puke:

Its like they delight in ramming down our throats all the freebies they get. Really bad taste & tacky.

I wish I had a £ for everytime SW says "beauuuuuuuuuuudiful" I'd be quids in !!!!! Everytime he opens his mouth its "b.....................ful " this and "b.................ful" that, and I'm close to shoving a "beauuuuuuuuuudiful" ****** brick through the screen !!!!!

I wish I had a £ for everytime SW says "beauuuuuuuuuuudiful" I'd be quids in !!!!! Everytime he opens his mouth its "b.....................ful " this and "b.................ful" that, and I'm close to shoving a "beauuuuuuuuuudiful" ****** brick through the screen !!!!!

wasn't that beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudiful bejewelled tusk t-shirt something to behold? I bet it would be visible from space. Maybe they could be used to line the landing strips at airports worldwide.

At the risk of being shot down in flames, does anyone else think B&W jewellry is cheap tat sold at inflated, prices? some of the T-shirts are quite nice but the sizing looks rather on the small side.

I couldn't agree more Gemma. I was watching in disbelief on Sunday when a hideous dragon ring was actually selling. A lot of the stuff looks like its come out of cheap Christmas crackers. I do own one of the more subdued floral T shirts which is good quality cotton (yes the sizing is rather small), but again a lot of the clothes are just not for me. I can't imagine walking around in a denim jacket with a huge sequinned eye on the back for instance. Plain tacky.

I couldn't agree more Gemma. I was watching in disbelief on Sunday when a hideous dragon ring was actually selling. A lot of the stuff looks like its come out of cheap Christmas crackers. I do own one of the more subdued floral T shirts which is good quality cotton (yes the sizing is rather small), but again a lot of the clothes are just not for me. I can't imagine walking around in a denim jacket with a huge sequinned eye on the back for instance. Plain tacky.

Perhaps like the fashion on the rest of this channel, its geared for the US market. Us Brits would never dream of stalking the High Street with the Freemasons 'eye' plastered on the back of a jacket - BUT those old dames with more money than sense in Florida certainly would !!!!!!!

have to say I never watch these shows because I can't stand the interaction between SW and JR, but I did catch a few minutes by accident a few months ago..I say few minutes because it was a sort of fascinated horror that kept my eyes glued to the screen...skulls.. I mean SKULLS for God's sake..who WEARS this stuff?! (with apologies to those of you who do!!!)

Totally agree Gemma...B&W jewellery has always struck me as very tacky. It looks like it has been made dirt cheap in China and is being sold on at a huge mark up to people impressed by a brand name and a bit of sparkle. Wouldn't give it house room..

I was tempted a couple of years ago with a fairly small hair clip with pretty pink stones and wore it a few times I have to say it was quite comfy and stayed put,
but one of the stones came out and I glued it back in myself so that was o.k but a short time after the whole thing fell apart as the soldering came apart so it went in the bin ,never bought anything of his again as it was poorly made and blooming expensive for what it was.

Have to admit the skull and crossbones and huge great glass shiny stuff just isn't my cup of tea. I do think the little key rings of cats, dogs and bunnies are quite cute though - although very expensive. There's a shop in one of the Leeds Arcades that actually sells B&W so you can see it for real. Folk must like it because it obviously sells, I'm not sure to who though :thinking: Can't abide SW and all his preening and posturing. I remember QVC had one of his so called "designer" bags on as a OTO once and they sold out practically straight away. The reviews afterward tended to suggest most of them were sent back as cheap tat :happy:

I can't see why we have to be subjected to so many hours of it. I have a few BW pieces but they're from a few years ago when his designs were normal. Not all this outrageous huge glass crap covered in skulls and spiders. Eurgh. One piece I do love is the dancing couple, which was bought for me as a gift. The last items I bought - eye ring and matching earrings - are nice and I like them, but the stones started to fall out. Sadly it happened when I was out and so I don't know where they went to. I wouldn't buy again.

As for the JR/SW fawning, it really makes me feel ill and I have to turn off. I always get the impression that he only humours the other presenters - they suck up but he doesn't reciprocate and actually moans when he can't present with JR - very unprofessional IMO. I guess two huge egos love to stroke each other!

I wish he would go back to making normal items for everyday wear and use. Have the flamboyant stuff too but just not so much. Ironically, I was introduced to Wutler and Bilson - as it usually comes out - by QVC at the Ideal Home Show many years ago. They had a box of freebies on the counter to pick from and I picked a pair of pretty blue flower earrings. I had no idea who BW was back then, but they have lasted and lasted and I still love them and wear them. That's the sort of thing I wish he'd bring back.

Last edited:
I can't see why we have to be subjected to so many hours of it. I have a few BW pieces but they're from a few years ago when his designs were normal. Not all this outrageous huge glass crap covered in skulls and spiders. Eurgh. One piece I do love is the dancing couple, which was bought for me as a gift. The last items I bought - eye ring and matching earrings - are nice and I like them, but the stones started to fall out. Sadly it happened when I was out and so I don't know where they went to. I wouldn't buy again.

As for the JR/SW fawning, it really makes me feel ill and I have to turn off. I always get the impression that he only humours the other presenters - they suck up but he doesn't reciprocate and actually moans when he can't present with JR - very unprofessional IMO. I guess two huge egos love to stroke each other!

I wish he would go back to making normal items for everyday wear and use. Have the flamboyant stuff too but just not so much. Ironically, I was introduced to Wutler and Bilson - as it usually comes out - by QVC at the Ideal Home Show many years ago. They had a box of freebies on the counter to pick from and I picked a pair of pretty blue flower earrings. I had no idea who BW was back then, but they have lasted and lasted and I still love them and wear them. That's the sort of thing I wish he'd bring back.

I agree I used to love his stuff about 10 years ago when I frist saw him on QVC and bought a few pieces. However I never even watch his shows now because he has gone so over the top and reached his sell by date as far as I'm concerned. Too tacky and get the impression he has been cashing in over the past few years. And the giggling with Julia is really irritating!

I used to watch years ago and be desperate to afford various items. Now I could afford them there is nothing I like at all. The ladybird denim jacket they had on last night looked really nice from the front but then when the model turned around - OMG what a sight! Who would wear it? And as for all the skulls and eyes -yuk. But they were all selling really well so someone is buying. And why does he always use the same model (Renee?).

I wonder if she has a favourite piece in her collection?

I would have said the Union Jack bulldog but I think the bat ring carrying a skull on its wings will have made her jump to those phones today, one in every nausea sorry colour choice. :taphead:

Latest posts

Back