Butler & Wilson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not all B&W jewellery is tacky. I have a necklace and earings set that was a TSV from few years ago. It is well made and I love it. I have seen lots of photo shoots in magazines where the models are wearing B&W stuff and the pieces are classy. It seems that most of what is shown on QVC is OTT and I would be hard pushed to find something to buy now.

I would have said the Union Jack bulldog but I think the bat ring carrying a skull on its wings will have made her jump to those phones today, one in every nausea sorry colour choice. :taphead:

I think she might also have been tempted by the stag's head ring featured last night. :grin::grin::grin:

What IS it with all the weird rings that are being brought out ? frogs, skulls, rabbits, stags etc etc etc, anything less beauuuuuuuudiful it would be hard to find. What about a Yankee candle ring Simon ? you could light it when it gets dark !!!!!!!!!!

I think the clientelle that he caters for in his shops wouldnt be seen dead wearing them in Sloane Street, and Simon knows it, so his 'get out' for this tacky stuff, is to say its "fun" to wear. Well, the prices are anything but "fun" particularly for the plastic handbags. Oh well, someone has to pay for his place in Monaco I suppose.

i do indeed have a favourite piece,a brooch from the couture range that i wore to my son's wedding...imagine my disappointment when the swarovski cabochon fell out at the reception!!!

6775.jpg

Mrs James you are a treasure :mysmilie_483: Your brooch is exactly what I think of SW and his gaudy tat....

Years ago, I wrote to Simon and asked him if he would consider making a piece of jewellery modelled as a boxer dog - I am a boxer breeder - and he did not even have the courtesy to reply. The same happened when my fiance asked for a brooch of Freddie Mercury. He needs to remember that it is only by virtue of his customers purchasing his range that he is still in business as a successful jewellery designer. One cannot overstate the importance of good customer service. To feel that, as a customer, one is not being appreciated or valued is, in my opinion, another nail in the coffin of any business.
Simon has, as far as CS is concerned, become quite complacent.

Priceless, Mrs James, you have made my day! Just to complete the mental picture, could you please tell us the colour of the cabochon?

Years ago, I wrote to Simon and asked him if he would consider making a piece of jewellery modelled as a boxer dog - I am a boxer breeder - and he did not even have the courtesy to reply. The same happened when my fiance asked for a brooch of Freddie Mercury. He needs to remember that it is only by virtue of his customers purchasing his range that he is still in business as a successful jewellery designer. One cannot overstate the importance of good customer service. To feel that, as a customer, one is not being appreciated or valued is, in my opinion, another nail in the coffin of any business.
Simon has, as far as CS is concerned, become quite complacent.

A brooch of Freddie? That would be so camp and awesome

I think he saves the utter tat for QVC, his better stuff is often in the glossy magazines and does look wonderful. I have things from his earlier days and they are exceptional.Some of the stuff on QVC beggers belief, that horrible panda bag that was on the other night, I laughed and cringed at the sight of it. Just trading on the name when hawking junk like this.

I wish he would do a Rolling Stones tongue brooch, think it would look great, can't see it happening due to copyright, love the idea of a Freddie Mecury, think an Elvis could be a goer too!!.

Unfortunately I caught most of last nights session as I felt sick as a dog, and thought it would be a good idea to sleep in the spare room with the telly on. In hindsight, I probably would have felt better a lot sooner if it wasn't for that ****** man and his flamboyant kaftans!!

Was it my imagination, or did the handbags actually sound plastic when touched? One was £48 or something equally as ridiculous, and when DF was touching it it was creaking like a poundland special!!!

I find some of the animal motifs cute -- the cats, dogs, mouse, pandas. Some of the Union Jack items from past shows looked good. But find the skulls and spiders creepy. I haven't bought and won't as the prices are high. I would buy one of those big flowery necklaces if it made me look like B&W's Ali. :cheeky: But alas I don't think it will.

I only have one B&W piece - a small red bus brooch bought for me by my sister in revenge for some pink DMQ earrings I bought her. We have an ongoing competition to out-gaud each other (although I actually quite like the bus :blush: :giggle:).

I agree the QVC stock is largely apalling but the B&W stores do carry some good pieces in quite uplifting colours, when in town I like to pop in for a nosey. I was there a while ago while Simon was in and in all honesty he was the picture of charm - he was chatting quietly to a couple of customers and had to get round me a few times whilst retrieving stock (the shop is teeny and always busy when I've been in) and he kept moving out of my way and apologising and was very smiley and demure. I rarely watch the shows but IRL he came across so differently to what I have seen on QVC, almost antithetical to what I would have expected given his on-screen persona as to me he's always seemed a bit flustered, unfocused and even whingy to be honest!

Erm.......*whispers*.....I quite like the skulls!!!:blush:

Maybe it's my inner rockchick lol

Me too :up: If I wore brooches I think some of the B&W look quite sweet so I'd be getting them. Yes, some of the stuff is OTT but I do like jewellery with a sense of humour. I got a couple of the sequin tops in clearance and am very happy with the quality and fit - being petite they work beautifully as mini dresses so will be strutting my stuff in them at parties :rock:

Latest posts

Back