Emma Hardie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Quite a few brands use QVC as a short-term launch pad to spread info and attract buyers, counting the loss they incur from the 30 day mbg as worth it to increase future sales from their own site. It's worth registering with EH's own website as they sometimes have good offers (esp when they were selling off the old packaging). There's this offer atm for 100ml + 50ml cleansing balm pots with cloth for £36 (not sure how that matches offers on other sites that sell the range) http://www.emmahardie.com/product.php/38

How long has EH been at QVC?

Yes, EH's website has some good offers sometimes, but never ones "TSV-like".

She did two per year, one in May and one in December

Yes and I was waiting the whole last year for a TSV to come up because it was mentioned in one of the EH shows. Why didn't they (QVC) tell us that EH wouldn't be there any longer? (That's a rhetorical question) When somebody asks EH on Facebook when she'll be back on TV the answer is always: "Watch this space"....Thank you very much!

Sounds just like the Lulu hair spray I enquired about. QVC kept hedging for ages - why couldn't they just say "Sorry, it's been discontinued."? Lulu's own website was the same! And Facebook etc. Is the truth really too much for these companies to bear?

I suspect EH can't keep up with QVCs demands. In my last corporate job, QVC buyers called up to ask about getting hold of some stock. They essentially told us how many they wanted and how much they were prepared to pay. I guess not every business can work like that.

I've just returned from my local TKMaxx and they have three EH products, a few Kipling bags and even some Bare Minerals among other things. The EH boxes are in pristine condition, body butter around £8, body cleanse with buffing cloth - can't remember the price and the hand cream £13 which I couldn't resist.

I've not been in TKMaxx for about four weeks so got a bit of excitement today and my purse is £70-odd lighter. Went to get a non-stick frying pan :))) BTW, there's some Kuhn-Rikon casserole £29.99 looks like cast iron just in case as I know that a Kuhn Rikon Ceramic Pan with Glass Lid TSV 13/01/14 is coming up.

I do wonder if QVC put pressure on their clients to produce more and more products and with a small brand like Emma's, eventually that becomes a bit difficult? They do seem to love an exclusive, or a launch and there really are only so many variations you can do in a line before it all become a bit samey. Perhaps they think the viewers won't watch if it's Moringa Balm again?! Same with Sarah Chapman, I do love the overnight facial but now there's one for the daytime, the body and the hands. What next?! However the Emma Facial Brilliance oil is divine - just the right texture to actually apply on your face (Decleor never 'spreads' on me!!) beautiful subtle smell and dry enough to put make up on soon after. I shall wait for the Neck Brilliance, the Ear Brilliance and the Left Cheek Brilliance launching soon!!

You're spot on LO, the QVC buyers want a range to churn out new products so that, even though the customer may have a range of products already, they'll be talked into trying something new. The make up ranges manage to do this - well the successful ones like Laura Geller and Mally do. The TV-savvy skincare brands manage it too, introducing limited edition flavours or packaging or with Prai they've had some weird and wacky inter-stellar ingredients which launch with a bang and then disappear as quickly. The smaller niche brands find it harder to do this enabling them to grab attention with a new product every visit. Liz Earle is a funny one, the brand's core products appear in almost every collection, but maybe the fact that they're prepared to sell lots of similar sets with small variations and the classic ml for ml selling point gets them renewed interest every show or TSV day.

Gateneau is another example with multitude of left cheek and right cheek products closely followed by Decleor IMO

Well, there were five items now down to three on their website so it doesn't look like they are stocking, I'll believe it when I see it.

Latest posts

Back