Estee Lauder TSV 03/03/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a query regarding the EL moisturiser. Looking on Boots website it comes in Normal/Combination or Dry. How are we supposed to know what the Estee Lauder one is on QVC? The jars look the same apart from the one for Dry Skin saying broad spectrum. The Normal/Combination is no good for me.

Edit: Just looking again at the pics on Boots and the description on the front of the jars, it looks like this one might be for Normal/Combination. That's a bit daft having that one in the set isn't it, surely it should be the Dry one as your skin gets dryer as you get older.
Brand ambassador has just said the cream is suitable for Normal / Combination skin. So I guess the customer has to presume it’s the normal / combination option of the cream.

No surely it’s all down to a price that’s negotiated as to what will end up on offer, not solely down to what a company will provide.
Like when Ali Young was describing the contents of a TILI section, the TILI set provided in it an item that it was pot luck the shade you actually got in your TILI collection.
The answer as to why that was, as it was cheaper to provide it that way, rather than all the TILI sets having in them the same shade or even the customer being given the choice of a shade option.

IMO it's more likely that Q dictate to their suppliers what they do and don't want.
Yep and how much they are willing to pay for what degree of stock level.

it would be up to estee lauder to decide if they wanted to give Q the stock for the choice
How would you know what EL would decide at the end of the day money talks.

it would be up to estee lauder to decide if they wanted to give Q the stock for the choice
You do not know this. You have been asked numerous times to refrain from making comments like this as you do not have inside information. If you want to make statements like this then you need to back it up by stating how you know it.

IMO it's more likely that Q dictate to their suppliers what they do and don't want.
This is most likely what happens. A number of years back I had a conversation with someone who worked for a brand that is on Q, whilst they were not involved with dealing with Q she did know that in terms of TSVs Q would tell the brand they wanted a set with x number of items and for x price. How much negotiation then happened I don't know.

Last edited:
>>You do not know this. You have been asked numerous times to refrain from making comments like this as you do not have inside information. If you want to make statements like this then you need to back it up by stating how you know it.<<

'Naughty step' & extrapolations aside, I'd like to don my helmet & say that I find SCW's posts useful, informative (& dare I say entertaining). These were the very reason for my joining STF, following an 'observation period' of many years.

>>You do not know this. You have been asked numerous times to refrain from making comments like this as you do not have inside information. If you want to make statements like this then you need to back it up by stating how you know it.<<

Bit harsh Sazza, SCW was only saying what he thought.

CC

Bit harsh Sazza, SCW was only saying what he thought.

CC
No it is not harsh as he was not giving his opinion. There is a long history to this issue and we cannot have members making statements that look like they are facts that have come from Q without giving a source.

'Naughty step' & extrapolations aside, I'd like to don my helmet & say that I find SCW's posts useful, informative (& dare I say entertaining). These were the very reason for my joining STF, following an 'observation period' of many years.
Not a problem that you like his posts and find them helpful, many members do, but there are certain things that are not allowed.

I feel for Sazza here she has to moderate what is said here on this forum for the benefit for us to use it and use our freedom to say as we wish.
Sadly surely no one who ever they may be can be allowed to speak as fact on behalf of any brand or QVC saying what is, as if they are party to fully know for sure what they have quoted.
The last thing I’m sure anyone wants is this site to get into trouble with a company, for what maybe being quoted wrongly as a fact, by someone who isn’t in a position to do so.
Thank you Sazza for everything you do.

Latest posts

Back