Free P&p

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I guess if she was a skinny as JF u still wouldnt be happy , guess the presenters cant win can they

It has nothing to do with her size It's the fact the dress was far too small for her and did her no favours at all.

i agree but unless the price of every item changes, the free p&p must be genuine? kim joked she'd have to work another 10 years to cover it. i think she's a pretty astute business woman so i'm sure she would have worked out that it was worthwhile.

I think we agree but to illustrate how I think things could work I have a hypothetical example of a business transaction.
I will sell you x toasters at £30 each but to celebrate the fact that it's my birthday and I'm one of your best suppliers I insist on free P&P. You say that you will lose £4 on every toaster but if I sell them to you at £27 you will agree to the free P&P.
You then sell the toasters at £36 each although you'd normally sell them at £35 (covering all your costs). Now once the free P&P has ended you could still sell them at £36 Plus P&P until the stock has all gone and customers would just assume (if they noticed) that £36 represents a cost of living price rise possibly passed on by me. :angel: Purely hypothesis of course.

I guess if she was a skinny as JF u still wouldnt be happy , guess the presenters cant win can they

The problem was that the dress was too small. If she'd worn a bigger size I'm sure she would have looked fine. Surely you can't disagree with that?

We all agree that CH looked so silly in that ruched dress:handshake:

I could not believe my eyes when I saw her in that dress.....she looked bow legged!! Could not believe anyone in their right mind will wearing anything so hideous :puke: , even the models looked uncomfortable in them:doh:

We all agree that CH Or someone :bandit:from QVC has read our forum, because it is no coincidence that she "happen" to mention what our members have said about the "free" P & P built into the prices of clothes!
Power to ST:muscle:

We all agree that Catherine's roots need doing:giggle:

I wonder how much say the presenters have in what they wear and I have heard before that there are only so many samples which are for the guest, presenter and models, so maybe her size wasn't available? :mysmilie_516:

I think we agree but to illustrate how I think things could work I have a hypothetical example of a business transaction.
I will sell you x toasters at £30 each but to celebrate the fact that it's my birthday and I'm one of your best suppliers I insist on free P&P. You say that you will lose £4 on every toaster but if I sell them to you at £27 you will agree to the free P&P.
You then sell the toasters at £36 each although you'd normally sell them at £35 (covering all your costs). Now once the free P&P has ended you could still sell them at £36 Plus P&P until the stock has all gone and customers would just assume (if they noticed) that £36 represents a cost of living price rise possibly passed on by me. :angel: Purely hypothesis of course.

it's not all new stock though is it. whenever kim, or any other range, visits, it's a mixture of old/current stock plus some new items.

I agree Janie especially about the old stock of which there is clearly not all the sizes/colours available, but they must come to an agreed position about restocking for current items.

The problem was that the dress was too small. If she'd worn a bigger size I'm sure she would have looked fine. Surely you can't disagree with that?

I dont think anyone could make Kim and co fashion look gd tbh, i doubt catherine would be seen dead out in public in her clothes but they dont get much choice in wot they have to sell sadly

CH, looking ridiculous squashed julia-esque into a too small, too short dress telling us a blatant lie to explain qvc's horrendous p&p.

she categorically stated 2 or 3 times that ALL those 'other sites' that we may order from who have free p&p, ALL factor the cost into their prices whereas Q bless their hearts are totally "transparent" about the cost of p&p. she went on to say oh so earnestly that it's not just the cost of the postage, it's to pay for warehouse space and the people who work there.CH - as it seems you read our forum, why, in that case, are the majority of items you claim have the p&p factored in, still cheaper than you sell them for?

oh, and get your roots done, you look a sight.

So the likes of Amazon don't have staffed warehouses?????

It is highly likely that companies who don't charge p&p do factor it into their prices. I think there is a level of psychologically we think we are getting a good deal if there is no additional p&p & QVC could benefit from this if they scrapped p&p completely.....but then we'd have to find something else to moan about! :giggle:

Maybe QVC could start by charging per order and see what a difference it makes to their sales figures.

DF said free p&p on the Bose then said it was included in the price so if you send it back you get your p&p refunded as well, all within one breath I kid you not. So order early! Heck of a lot of comments this week on Q about the p&p, Gemma was right, there are rumblings at Q Towers.

Ever wondered how they maintain EP -seems to be a very regular feature now. It would be a step too far for some companies in this climate.

DF said free p&p on the Bose then said it was included in the price so if you send it back you get your p&p refunded as well, all within one breath I kid you not. So order early! Heck of a lot of comments this week on Q about the p&p, Gemma was right, there are rumblings at Q Towers.

Makes me :giggle:

She said we have a lot of items here at QVC with free P&P.
We have just had Kim & Co fashion and I've the beauty pick of the month coming up.
Well true but hardly a lot in % terms of the 15,000 items they state are on the web site.

Wow I don't know how she thinks them up. :smirk:

what is the explanation for the high p and p on their own brands then such as dimonique, northern nights and cooks' essentials if the explanation is that the p and p is set by the vendor?

what is the explanation for the high p and p on their own brands then such as dimonique, northern nights and cooks' essentials if the explanation is that the p and p is set by the vendor?
You make a very good point silversequin
You'd think (well I would) that their own brand goods (the bestest ever!) would be ripe for free P&P
What a selling point that could be.

minim, loved all your references to materials xx
Thank you fwend :wave: Haven't seen you around lately

Nah! This is sheer pongee to me. I just don't buy all this flannel about absorption, a stretch too far
Q have yet to cotton on the the fact we watch them very closely & they can't pull the wool over our eyes that easily.
They are trying to fleece us, lining Q's coffers once again. They must think we are a right bunch of seersuckers.
All this waffle twill come back to bite them, you mark my words.

min - why is your text smaller than everyone else's? or is it my eyes?

Latest posts

Back