Her Majesty

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just hope QVC don’t do anything similar to what happened when Princess Diana died.
What did they do?

That is what I said on another forum, maymorganlondon.

Charles I beheaded

Charles II no heirs, great fire of London and the Black Death. James II his brother became king and well the Stuarts did not do well after that.

Someone on that forum wanted to know what would happen to money with Elizabeth II on it? I said it will no doubt still be in circulation for a few years.
I wonder what will happen to her corgi's?

I know that its wall to wall coverage on the tv, but oh how I do cringe by the puerile questioning from outside reporters grabbing members of the public and saying "and how do you feel ?" What sort of answer do they expect ?? 'oh not bad really, but I'm just off to the pub actually". Watching tearful OAPs repeating the same mantra for probably the next 10 days is going to be hard to bare.

I know that its wall to wall coverage on the tv, but oh how I do cringe by the puerile questioning from outside reporters grabbing members of the public and saying "and how do you feel ?" What sort of answer do they expect ?? 'oh not bad really, but I'm just off to the pub actually". Watching tearful OAPs repeating the same mantra for probably the next 10 days is going to be hard to bare.
The bit that got me yesterday was when William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie arrived and a photographer snapped then driving into Balmoral. Huw Edwards asked Nicholas Witchell (I think) to sum up what the royals were feeling from the grim looks on their faces! What do you think they were feeling? They either knew she had passed or was close to it. Try "devastated".

The bit that got me yesterday was when William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie arrived and a photographer snapped then driving into Balmoral. Huw Edwards asked Nicholas Witchell (I think) to sum up what the royals were feeling from the grim looks on their faces! What do you think they were feeling? They either knew she had passed or was close to it. Try "devastated".
Sophie certainly looked like she had been crying.
Just watched Charles giving an address on TV and it seemed hard for him at times.
He has created William and Catherine Prince and Princess of Wales.

Got an email drom QVC at 4:30pm about the death of Her Majesty.

Will post below.
Seems fairly standard response but glad they’ve done one and it’s respectful plus I love the photos of the Queen in orange!

Broadcast resuming 9am Saturday morning...

“Lots of us will be deeply saddened by the news of the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. I am very aware of the enormous significance of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to the people of this country, and to millions across the globe. She was a much loved and respected figure.

During the 70 years of her reign, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II was a symbol of strength, bringing the nation together with dignity and grace. Known for her sense of duty and her devotion to a life of service, she has been an important figurehead for the UK and the Commonwealth during times of enormous social change. During her reign, she has been linked as Royal Patron or President of over 600 charities, military associations, professional bodies, and public service organisations.

On behalf of QVC UK, I’d like to offer our sincere condolences to The Royal Family and our deepest sympathies to those who are affected by her death. In response to this sad news, as a mark of respect, we have temporarily suspended broadcasting.

We will continue to be here for you on qvcuk.com and our app and will resume our live broadcast at 9am on Saturday 10th Septemberwhen you are ready to return.

While the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is a moment of great sadness, it’s an opportunity to reflect on what has been an extraordinary reign of a very well-loved and much-admired monarch.

My very best regards,

Koreen Fader, CEO QVC UK”

Attachments

• 4A1029D0-8873-43B7-8E53-4EB3FEF0DA8B.jpeg
    4A1029D0-8873-43B7-8E53-4EB3FEF0DA8B.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 40
Just watched Charles giving an address on TV and it seemed hard for him at times.
Not been able to watch TV so not seen speech but it sounds nice and pleased he’s passed on those titles to his son and daughter in law...

That is what I said on another forum, maymorganlondon.

Charles I beheaded

Charles II no heirs, great fire of London and the Black Death. James II his brother became king and well the Stuarts did not do well after that.

Someone on that forum wanted to know what would happen to money with Elizabeth II on it? I said it will no doubt still be in circulation for a few years.
For anyone who was not alive before decimalisation, the only coinage they have ever seen has Her Majesty's head on it. Those of us who handled pounds shillings and pence was more accustomed to handling George VI and Elizabeth II coins... so it's understandable if they can't imagine what happens to money, stamps etc with her image on it.

For anyone who was not alive before decimalisation, the only coinage they have ever seen has Her Majesty's head on it. Those of us who handled pounds shillings and pence was more accustomed to handling George VI and Elizabeth II coins... so it's understandable if they can't imagine what happens to money, stamps etc with her image on it.
Not sure about currency, but I heard the head of Royal Mail speaking on Radio 4 at lunchtime and he said that stamps won’t be changing immediately...

He also said, which I didn’t know, that the Queen has personally approved every stamp collection in her reign!
She loved stamps and it was one of few decisions she got to make without an advisor..

Apparently she approved a collection or two before her death and those will still be released as planned.

He said, especially with Charle’s - can’t get used to calling him The King yet?! - environmental beliefs and The Queen’s dislike of waste, they don’t wish to have a lot of stamps pulped or wasted?

So it sounded as if they will probably use up what stock they have, maybe alongside new ones.

All post boxes have her insignia on as well, and so much more besides!

Not sure about currency, but I heard the head of Royal Mail speaking on Radio 4 at lunchtime and he said that stamps won’t be changing immediately...

He also said, which I didn’t know, that the Queen has personally approved every stamp collection in her reign!
She loved stamps and it was one of few decisions she got to make without an advisor..

Apparently she approved a collection or two before her death and those will still be released as planned.

He said, especially with Charle’s - can’t get used to calling him The King yet?! - environmental beliefs and The Queen’s dislike of waste, they don’t wish to have a lot of stamps pulped or wasted?

So it sounded as if they will probably use up what stock they have, maybe alongside new ones.

All post boxes have her insignia on as well, and so much more besides!
Wasn't George V, her grandfather, a stamp collector? That may be where she gained her enthusiasm for them?

I wrongly assumed that William would automatically become Prince of Wales due to him being the eldest son. Its nice that the title has been bestowed on them.

Got an email drom QVC at 4:30pm about the death of Her Majesty.

Will post below.
Seems fairly standard response but glad they’ve done one and it’s respectful plus I love the photos of the Queen in orange!

Broadcast resuming 9am Saturday morning...

“Lots of us will be deeply saddened by the news of the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. I am very aware of the enormous significance of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to the people of this country, and to millions across the globe. She was a much loved and respected figure.

During the 70 years of her reign, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II was a symbol of strength, bringing the nation together with dignity and grace. Known for her sense of duty and her devotion to a life of service, she has been an important figurehead for the UK and the Commonwealth during times of enormous social change. During her reign, she has been linked as Royal Patron or President of over 600 charities, military associations, professional bodies, and public service organisations.

On behalf of QVC UK, I’d like to offer our sincere condolences to The Royal Family and our deepest sympathies to those who are affected by her death. In response to this sad news, as a mark of respect, we have temporarily suspended broadcasting.

We will continue to be here for you on qvcuk.com and our app and will resume our live broadcast at 9am on Saturday 10th Septemberwhen you are ready to return.

While the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is a moment of great sadness, it’s an opportunity to reflect on what has been an extraordinary reign of a very well-loved and much-admired monarch.

My very best regards,

Koreen Fader, CEO QVC UK”
Whilst it is standard to criticise QVC I think that this is a well written email and that their approach to restarting broadcasting is both sensible and appropriate.

I remember the very large old pennies of Queen Victoria when we were children in the mid 50's bun pennies I think they were called due to the hairstyle. Some of them were very worn. Wish I'd kept some.

When Diana died, you had whatters doing a TSV saying a ring they were selling looked like a ring Princess Diana wore.
They sacked him for that.

I wrongly assumed that William would automatically become Prince of Wales due to him being the eldest son. Its nice that the title has been bestowed on them.
I’m interested to see if Charles grants anyone the title Duke of Edinburgh. It was widely expected that Edward would get it, but it devolved back to Charles when his father died. Maybe it would have gone to Harry in Charles’ vision of a slimmed down monarchy, if Harry hadn’t stepped away from royal life with his family.

Whilst it is standard to criticise QVC I think that this is a well written email and that their approach to restarting broadcasting is both sensible and appropriate.
Agreed! It’s a good response and nice tribute... And definitely right thing to do about stopping broadcasting...

I think I was just a bit jaded when I received it as I had one in my inbox from so many companies!

I’m interested to see if Charles grants anyone the title Duke of Edinburgh. It was widely expected that Edward would get it, but it devolved back to Charles when his father died. Maybe it would have gone to Harry in Charles’ vision of a slimmed down monarchy, if Harry hadn’t stepped away from royal life with his family.
Hadn’t thought about that...

With the responsibilities and associations that go with Duke of Edinburgh role - especially the DofE award etc, think it would’ve been a very good title for Harry, if he hadn’t “left”!

Maybe it would suit Edward as he (and Sophie) seem to do a lot of less public service?

Last edited:
Hadn’t thought about that...

With the responsibilities and associations that go with Duke of Edinburgh role - especially the DofE award etc, think it would’ve been a very good title for Harry, if he hadn’t “left”!
It's been reported that Prince Philip wanted the Duke of Edinburgh title to go to Prince Edward but ultimately its up to King Charles.

Latest posts

Back