Her Majesty

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

On one of the programmes today they said that William had invited Harry and Meghan to join them on the walkabout in Windsor so he’s clearly offering an olive branch for whatever reason, I just hope that they heal the rift because they were so close before Harry got married.
How many olive branches does this pair expect ? The ones they've thrown under the bus have bent over backwards to appease them and God knows why, so healing this chasm let alone a 'rift' is not going to be over in a few months.

Even if they do 'heal' and 'forgive' there will be no forgetting or trusting Meghan ever again. Would anyone on here be able to do that ?

I've had a similar situation with my brother's partner. He left his wife and teenage boys to take up with his now partner, around 20 years ago. It took a while but having lost my husband I was grateful for their help with various things. In return I 'treated' them to a couple of holidays abroad, spent money in M & S, and even treated her to an all paid trip to Venice - she never even bought a cup of coffee and I didn't mind thinking she was broke, then I discovered she had nearly 20 grand in the bank. I didn't want or expect thanks as it was my way of thanking them for their help. Severn years ago on my brother's big birthday, he paid for the family to dinner and theatre in London and hired a limo to take us. Well, madam had a few drinks inside her and then the 'lippy insolence ' towards me began. I was gobsmacked and thought "what the hell ?". Real venom came out, but always behind my brother's back. Long story short, I decided to log all the occasions of her private spiteful actions which hadn't really registered, but did now !. My brother, like Harry, won't hear a word, but he isn't stupid, so I guess he sticks his head in the sand. We still haven't spoke, I intend to stay out of her venomous orbit. So any healing or forgiveness would really stick in my craw - and it ain't gonna happen.

They looked stilted together, but I admire William for instigating it. I wouldn't trust Meagain as far as I could throw her. Such a shame as William, Harry and Catherine used to have such fun together., till she appeared on the scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Megain will be working the crowds hard as part of her 'hearts & minds' campaign. She will be singing from the hills about her titled offspring, after complaining that the first was denied due to 'his race'.
Everyone will have to forget all this given the moment. Meanwhile her gimp husbands' book will soon be published. (20m book deal)

Why couldn't he have jet shared on his journey to Scotland?
I'm not a fan. (Surprised?)
“gimp husband”?! 😳

They are saying there will be a bank holiday the day of the funeral. But, bank holidays mean little to people not working in civil service, banks, doctor's offices. People in factories will still have to work if they take the day off, no pay guaranteed. The home bakeries will be open, the supermarkets.
It depends on the employment contract. If the contract states x days holiday plus bank holidays then an employer would have to pay staff for the bank holiday.

They are saying there will be a bank holiday the day of the funeral. But, bank holidays mean little to people not working in civil service, banks, doctor's offices. People in factories will still have to work if they take the day off, no pay guaranteed. The home bakeries will be open, the supermarkets.
It depends who your employer is I guess. I work in a supermarket myself but I don't work on Mondays since I cut my hours when I semi-retired. Those, like myself, who have worked there a long time (on a old contract) will be paid double or time and a half (depending on the age of the contract) if they work a bank holiday, if it's not worked you are paid regardless. If you are not contracted for that day you are given a day in lieu which you are able to use before the end of the working year. Therefore for me, whilst I'm off that day anyway, I'll be awarded an extra bank holiday day. Those who have started work there in the last few years won't be so lucky, if they are contracted to work on a Monday then they'll have to suck it up and work, if they particularly wish to take the day off then I'm guessing that they'll have to go unpaid or make up the hours. I have heard that on the day of Diana's funeral they closed the store for the duration, maybe they'll do the same again and allow members of staff to watch it upstairs as we have a television in the rest area. They are yet to announce the arrangements for this day, but I'm sure they'll be sensitive. As we have the royal warrant, then I think they do need to go a bit further than most to avoid bad publicity!

Megan was giving loads of hugs from the crowd, some handshakes. Were the crowd forced to do this?

Last time they came over for Philip's service, the crowds cheered them but booed Boris.

Harry can write his own story, he served in the army on ground, unlike all the others who just got fancy titles. Started his own charity for ex disabled soldiers. He married who he wanted and did not want to be in the royal family, his decision. This strange idea that grown men are never to blame, it is always the evil wife or girlfriend who forces them. People read too many fairy stories and reading the tabloids.

Megan was giving loads of hugs from the crowd, some handshakes. Were the crowd forced to do this?

Last time they came over for Philip's service, the crowds cheered them but booed Boris.

Harry can write his own story, he served in the army on ground, unlike all the others who just got fancy titles. Started his own charity for ex disabled soldiers. He married who he wanted and did not want to be in the royal family, his decision. This strange idea that grown men are never to blame, it is always the evil wife or girlfriend who forces them. People read too many fairy stories and reading the tabloids.
Perfectly stated.

I agree. It's like everyone blaming Yoko Ono for The Beatles splitting up. Maybe a catalyst, but the ingredients already had to be there.
Sadly, I don't think Harry has ever truly recovered from losing his mother at such a vulnerable age. It seems no amount of therapy can come close to repairing the damage that trauma caused.
Even if others at a similar age lose a beloved mother or father, how many were forced to see it played out in public? And to participate....
I think TRF were damned either way. Denying him attendance at the funeral or forcing him to be there, both would play back badly in the future.

I`ve just watched the cortage leaving Balmoral and the one rather strange thing which struck me was the Queen was such a tiny lady yet her coffin is huge. I know unlike the majority of us she`ll have ancient oak or some such and not our MDF chipboard caskets but I should imagine the poor woman probably looks kind of lost in hers. Sorry if this post seems a tad tasteless, it isn`t meant to be, its just an observation.

They looked stilted together, but I admire William for instigating it. I wouldn't trust Meagain as far as I could throw her. Such a shame as William, Harry and Catherine used to have such fun together., till she appeared on the scene.
I thought Charles' speech was clever. He mentioned Harry and Meghan, but then added something like "as they continue their life outside of the Royal Family". To me that said you're not welcome back but I'm sure King Charles isn't as suspicious, unforgiving, and cynical as me!

So, the tv media are to be believe in opposition to the tabloids ? how do we get news then if we don't read or listen ? just read social media ??? and where do they get their news from?

In the hope it wasn't a 'fairytale' its reported that the King had a lengthy phone call with William to arrange the walkabout, which happened after a 45 minute negotiation.

Harry is now in a quandary, he has written a book soon to be published for mega bucks. The publishers do not fork out millions for a bland uninteresting tome, they want "revelations" for their money. Harry needs the money to survive. Does he publish and be damned for his sackful of cash, or not publish which = no money but which gives his family a sigh of relief ?

Meghan has no such compunctions - she is the unexploded bomb in the room.

I`ve just watched the cortage leaving Balmoral and the one rather strange thing which struck me was the Queen was such a tiny lady yet her coffin is huge. I know unlike the majority of us she`ll have ancient oak or some such and not our MDF chipboard caskets but I should imagine the poor woman probably looks kind of lost in hers. Sorry if this post seems a tad tasteless, it isn`t meant to be, its just an observation.
I think they're also lead-lined as they're place in a vault, underground but not under soil. I would imagine the body will also be dresssed in quite a substantive regal costume.

I think in such high profile families like the Royals that trust between them is something they heavily rely on. They may have their differences and may sometimes take each other to task about things but they expect it to be kept private. That`s where Harry and Meghan let them down. They may/may not have been slighted as they saw it but I guess we`ll never know the absolute truth of what was said and done behind closed doors.
Meghan didn`t give being a working Royal much of a chance but as much as she said she did understand what it entailed and she was eager to become part of it when they got engaged, I think she honestly thought she would be able to do what she wanted and when she wanted and be a Royal cutting ribbons or opening schools etc as only when it suited her.
Harry has always struck me as being a bit of a man child. Yes he served in the Army but rest assured the Army would have made sure there was little to no chance of him being in danger. My son was in Afghanistan and at Camp Bastion at the same time and Harry was frequently seen chatting with the troops doing his bit to raise morale but rarely with a gun or out on patrol at risk of IED`s or Taliban ambushes. They obviously couldn`t risk the Taliban having the opportunity to kill or capture a Prince, what a coup that would have been.
Meghan seems to treat him like a toddler at times. When your kids are little you clutch their hand, keep them glued to your side so they can`t walk off and do their own thing and I don`t see it as affection with Meghan but a sign of control. She leads and he has to follow.
Yes his was young when his Mum died and yes (wrongly IMO) he was forced to walk behind her coffin in front of millions of people and he was greatly affected by the whole debacle but I do think he often uses his Mum`s death to excuse his behaviour and insecurities. My own youngest son lost his Dad when not much older than Harry and even though my other 2 sons were older it affected them badly too, especially as one of them was serving in Northern Ireland at the time and failed to get home before his dad died but thankfully they have been able to move on with their lives. They never forget but have learned to live with their loss and that`s something I don`t think Harry has done and perhaps he`s used his Mother`s death as a stick to beat his Father with at times. Who really knows.

Poor old Harry wanted something to change in his life and meg gave him the courage to act but I don’t think either of them really thought they’d be cut off. Meghan sees herself as a strong woman but I think she’s a snowflake - bolted when she saw she’d have to buckle down. She could have overcome any perceived animosity through hard work and good grace and become loved and respected in time, which would have strengthened Harry too. It wasn’t easy for Kate at first either. The firm has to close ranks when there’s trouble and those two are now big trouble. I can’t believe Harry is so willing to trash his family, especially knowing they can’t reply. The walkabout was very awkward and Meghan looked nervous.
Obviously I have no idea about our wonderful queen’s will but she was independently extremely wealthy and probably left bequests to her grandchildren. I hope Harry’s comes with the proviso they never discuss the royals again. Then a slow healing might begin. As long as the firm feels that they’re being used as material for more revelations and pay days I can’t see either of them being welcome. Meghan could go back to acting and earn plenty of money instead of clinging to the status afforded by the family she can’t stand. All very sad.

I have no idea if this is 100% true but I’ve read that William invited H & M to a walk about because they were Planning to go on their own and had informed a USA TV station to come along.
Apparently this is the reason. Kudos to William. Markle has some brass neck she and the ball 'n' chain were going walkabout on their own. Apparently someone who was there on twatter said most people avoided handshakes & there were a few boos. One guy was captured making a vomiting sound when UnreMarkable walked away.😂

Poor old Harry wanted something to change in his life and meg gave him the courage to act but I don’t think either of them really thought they’d be cut off. Meghan sees herself as a strong woman but I think she’s a snowflake - bolted when she saw she’d have to buckle down. She could have overcome any perceived animosity through hard work and good grace and become loved and respected in time, which would have strengthened Harry too. It wasn’t easy for Kate at first either. The firm has to close ranks when there’s trouble and those two are now big trouble. I can’t believe Harry is so willing to trash his family, especially knowing they can’t reply. The walkabout was very awkward and Meghan looked nervous.
Obviously I have no idea about our wonderful queen’s will but she was independently extremely wealthy and probably left bequests to her grandchildren. I hope Harry’s comes with the proviso they never discuss the royals again. Then a slow healing might begin. As long as the firm feels that they’re being used as material for more revelations and pay days I can’t see either of them being welcome. Meghan could go back to acting and earn plenty of money instead of clinging to the status afforded by the family she can’t stand. All very sad.
My personal opinion is that Harry had been boiling with impotent rage at TRF since his mother died. Meghan gave him the courage and impetus to leave and take his revenge for Diana’s death. I do not doubt he holds them as much as the media responsible for her demise. And there are plenty of conspiracy theorists to continue fuelling that perception. I think he is misguided, but equally I don’t think he was equipped to hold it together as a member of TRF in the long term.

Ironically, if they chose to, I have no doubt they could be successfully reintegrated into TRF. The price would be enduring the kind of mud slung at Camilla for so many years, enduring many negative opinions stated in public or private. They would just have needed to do what Catherine did to overcome “waity Katey”, William to overcome “work shy Wills”, and all the awful press Camilla had… without lashing out and by letting their deeds and conduct speak for them. Sadly I fear they lack the humility and patience to do that. We could have seen them becoming roving Commonwealth ambassadors for HM.

If Harry had been the elder son, no question he would have stayed.

Bringing it back to Q though, I’m waiting for the information to appear listing what Meghan was wearing yesterday, as inevitably her clothes, shoes and jewellery are posted online… and Q can wheel out lots of little black dresses (maybe including some look-a likes for what both Catherine and Meghan wore) which can be worn as a mark of respect to Her Majesty, and to grace a funeral or other solemn occasion.

Last edited:
The thing with all this gossip and a source telling the tabloids what goes on. They will have been paid money to spill the gossip, but I am sure they had to sign a confidential contract of employed and if caught would be sacked.

Can I just say in Belfast on Thursday night loads of fireworks going off in areas. I could hear them clearly where I live.

Latest posts

Back