Her Majesty

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think in such high profile families like the Royals that trust between them is something they heavily rely on. They may have their differences and may sometimes take each other to task about things but they expect it to be kept private. That`s where Harry and Meghan let them down. They may/may not have been slighted as they saw it but I guess we`ll never know the absolute truth of what was said and done behind closed doors.
Meghan didn`t give being a working Royal much of a chance but as much as she said she did understand what it entailed and she was eager to become part of it when they got engaged, I think she honestly thought she would be able to do what she wanted and when she wanted and be a Royal cutting ribbons or opening schools etc as only when it suited her.
Harry has always struck me as being a bit of a man child. Yes he served in the Army but rest assured the Army would have made sure there was little to no chance of him being in danger. My son was in Afghanistan and at Camp Bastion at the same time and Harry was frequently seen chatting with the troops doing his bit to raise morale but rarely with a gun or out on patrol at risk of IED`s or Taliban ambushes. They obviously couldn`t risk the Taliban having the opportunity to kill or capture a Prince, what a coup that would have been.
Meghan seems to treat him like a toddler at times. When your kids are little you clutch their hand, keep them glued to your side so they can`t walk off and do their own thing and I don`t see it as affection with Meghan but a sign of control. She leads and he has to follow.
Yes his was young when his Mum died and yes (wrongly IMO) he was forced to walk behind her coffin in front of millions of people and he was greatly affected by the whole debacle but I do think he often uses his Mum`s death to excuse his behaviour and insecurities. My own youngest son lost his Dad when not much older than Harry and even though my other 2 sons were older it affected them badly too, especially as one of them was serving in Northern Ireland at the time and failed to get home before his dad died but thankfully they have been able to move on with their lives. They never forget but have learned to live with their loss and that`s something I don`t think Harry has done and perhaps he`s used his Mother`s death as a stick to beat his Father with at times. Who really knows.

Well said. Totally agree that Harry has 'milked' his Mother's death particularly in the last few years. Thousands of children experience the early death of a parent (albeit not so publicly), but for the sake of his own children this man-child (so apt) needs to act like a grown up, concentrate on their upbringing and not lament on his own past. Sadly as heard in his various speeches and lectures, he has little else to offer except his suffering and grief.

Poor old Harry wanted something to change in his life and meg gave him the courage to act but I don’t think either of them really thought they’d be cut off. Meghan sees herself as a strong woman but I think she’s a snowflake - bolted when she saw she’d have to buckle down. She could have overcome any perceived animosity through hard work and good grace and become loved and respected in time, which would have strengthened Harry too. It wasn’t easy for Kate at first either. The firm has to close ranks when there’s trouble and those two are now big trouble. I can’t believe Harry is so willing to trash his family, especially knowing they can’t reply. The walkabout was very awkward and Meghan looked nervous.
Obviously I have no idea about our wonderful queen’s will but she was independently extremely wealthy and probably left bequests to her grandchildren. I hope Harry’s comes with the proviso they never discuss the royals again. Then a slow healing might begin. As long as the firm feels that they’re being used as material for more revelations and pay days I can’t see either of them being welcome. Meghan could go back to acting and earn plenty of money instead of clinging to the status afforded by the family she can’t stand. All very sad.
I don't believe her acting has ever ceased.

The majority of posts on this thread are utterly disgusting… but free speech eh? I wonder how long my post will be allowed to remain despite the racist misogyny abound on this forum currently ( from a forum member that has been here from day one…. merryone you will know 😉 xx)

Edward has now adopted them
I thought it was Andrew, though. Didn’t he give the three dogs to her with the promise of a home when she was no longer there for the dogs.

The majority of posts on this thread are utterly disgusting… but free speech eh? I wonder how long my post will be allowed to remain despite the racist misogyny abound on this forum currently ( from a forum member that has been here from day one…. merryone you will know 😉 xx)
You are absolutely entitled to have your views too. No reason why your post should be removed. Different points of view are expected to have a discussion. Otherwise there is only an echo chamber.

You are absolutely entitled to have your views too. No reason why your post should be removed. Different points of view are expected to have a discussion. Otherwise there is only an echo chamber.
Thankyou for this.. when I have complained about racist, judgemental and downright cruel posters before not only have my posts been deleted but my messages to admin have been ignored… I feel sad because i Used to think of this forum as a safe haven back in the day

Thankyou for this.. when I have complained about racist, judgemental and downright cruel posters before not only have my posts been deleted but my messages to admin have been ignored… I feel sad because i Used to think of this forum as a safe haven back in the day
All posts you have reported in past were looked at, they were not ignored.

It should be a safe haven. And largely I think and hope it still is.
One of the things that I’d like to see trending across social media and beyond is “what would Her Majesty do?”
To me, HMTQ was a living example of patience, kindness and meeting others without judgement: wherever the people she was meeting come from. I hope we can all strive for the same, but it cannot be easy… but where we can do better, we should.

I read newspapers on a daily basis, and honestly? I do not recall any columnist/journalist being 'racist' towards Meghan. They wouldn't, they daren't as it would go against Code of Conduct and would be called out for it. There was plenty calling her a 'breath of fresh air' and how she would bring the RF into the 21st Century and being a woman of colour was the diversity the RF needed. So was THAT racist ?

She may be a challenging person to work for, but I don't need 'the tabloids' to tell me things when I hear her speak. Currently I would say her memory is the most challenging trait she has.

The tabloids were quick to say that Meghan hadn’t joined Harry in going to Balmoral on Thursday but they were suspiciously quiet with the fact that Kate wasn’t there either.
The first report I heard stated that Meghan was going to Balmoral, but later reports stated that she wasn’t, so that was news. As far as I’m aware it was never stated that Kate would so there was no story. The Cambridge children were having their first full day at a new school, so Kate being at home to support them was he right thing to do.

The first report I heard stated that Meghan was going to Balmoral, but later reports stated that she wasn’t, so that was news. As far as I’m aware it was never stated that Kate would so there was no story. The Cambridge children were having their first full day at a new school, so Kate being at home to support them was he right thing to do.
Good point. That does make sense why it wasn't news that Catherine didn't go up.

It was very moving watching the service and vigil in St Giles Cathedral yesterday.
Princess Anne becoming the first Royal female to be part of the vigil seemed so right.
I do feel sorry for the fact they none of them can grieve in private yet; and poor Charles is having to hold it together and speak repeatedly about his mother. It must be exhausting, and none of them are in their salad days.
At the same time, they are very fortunate to only lose their parents so late in their own lives.

I must admit to being disappointed that the Queen chose to have Andrew play such a prominent role in Dof E funeral especially as it was in the middle of his court case, there were numerous other family members who would have been suitable.

Latest posts

Back