Her Majesty

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m interested to see if Charles grants anyone the title Duke of Edinburgh. It was widely expected that Edward would get it, but it devolved back to Charles when his father died. Maybe it would have gone to Harry in Charles’ vision of a slimmed down monarchy, if Harry hadn’t stepped away from royal life with his family.
I think he will give it to Edward in due course, probably after funeral has taken place as it is believed that both the Queen and Philip wanted him to have it but not until they both passed.

Quite poignant. A rainbow appeared over Windsor as the Queen’s passing was announced.

Attachments

• 9EE4304B-5F46-48A0-BF0A-721327CED86F.jpeg
    9EE4304B-5F46-48A0-BF0A-721327CED86F.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 38
My grandparents, when I was born in 1948, gave my parents coinage with Queen Victoria's head and Edward VII head, as souvenirs for me, and a half sovereign. I still have them today, along with a coronation crown. Not worth a fortune, but things I will never part with. Hopefully today's grandparents will think to do the same for their grandchildren - along with some QE2 stamps.

ohh no does that mean with QVC off air they will restrart selling fashion & beauty products even more than they do already ...they have beauty & style channels and overload the main channel with them i'm guessing the V in QVC is not for variety

s
ohh no does that mean with QVC off air they will restrart selling fashion & beauty products even more than they do already ...they have beauty & style channels and overload the main channel with them i'm guessing the V in QVC is not for variety
saturdays scheduled is meant to remain as it is with garden, fashion & beauty but most of the beauty/style/extra channels are all pre records from the main channel (apart from when those other ones go live) so unless they get aired on the main channel it wont be pretty much shown on the other channels

To be fair to them, all the "dreaded high street" stores are still open. It was unprecedented when Diana died and such a shocking tragedy - a beautiful young woman leaving behind too young sons. The issue was that cable/satellite TV was sill in its relative infancy and all the music channels etc. ceased broadcasting while QVC were still trying to flog nail varnish and loafers etc. It stood out like the veritable at the time.

To be fair to them, all the "dreaded high street" stores are still open. It was unprecedented when Diana died and such a shocking tragedy - a beautiful young woman leaving behind too young sons. The issue was that cable/satellite TV was sill in its relative infancy and all the music channels etc. ceased broadcasting while QVC were still trying to flog nail varnish and loafers etc. It stood out like the veritable at the time.
I was in a shopping centre yesterday and there were a few stores that were shut, Molton Brown being one of them. I think more stores will be shut on day of funeral.

I was in a shopping centre yesterday and there were a few stores that were shut, Molton Brown being one of them. I think more stores will be shut on day of funeral.
Selfridge's closed, as did Molton Brown.

Agree with Sazza shops will close the day of the funeral. I know they did the day of Diana's funeral, but opened after the funeral.
Both are royal warrent holders, aren't they? Maybe that's why they shut.
We will have a bank holiday for the day of Her Majesty's funeral. It still saddens me to contemplate that fact, even though she had a long, full and largely healthy life. That's a blessing in itself.

They are saying there will be a bank holiday the day of the funeral. But, bank holidays mean little to people not working in civil service, banks, doctor's offices. People in factories will still have to work if they take the day off, no pay guaranteed. The home bakeries will be open, the supermarkets.

I think the national morning requires them to have limited opening on the day of the funeral. I was in two town centres yesterday and every electronic billboard displayed The Queen's portrait and a few shops had it in their windows, and M&S had it inside.

19th September has been announced as the date of the funeral, a national day of mourning and a bank holiday.
So this year Her Majesty will have had 2 bank holidays in her honour. I wish the second one hadn't been necessary. I hope many businesses should be able to honour the public holiday, but understandable that hospitality and retail, as well as emergency and armed services won't.

A few years ago I read that Prince Edward did a lot of work with the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme as his dad got older. Edward obviously keeps a low profile but doesn’t mean that he doesn’t do much.

For this reason I think he should be given the title Duke of Edinburgh.

A few years ago I read that Prince Edward did a lot of work with the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme as his dad got older. Edward obviously keeps a low profile but doesn’t mean that he doesn’t do much.

Prince Edward and Sophie are the unsung heroes of the Royal Family. They quietly do a lot of the less glamorous but important work representing HMTQ, and hopefully they will get the same chance with King Charles.

I agree. They said he has always done a lot of the Duke of Edinburgh awards work plus Sophie does as well. She also spent a lot of private time with the Queen in Windsor and regarded as a favourite. They both quietly get on with the work.

I see the '4' have been out in front of the Palace flower gazing. Much is being reported on the brothers being 'reunited' and 'putting on a united front'. Really ? I believe this is good optics (through gritted teeth) in a damage limitation exercise before anything happens - like Harry & Meghan being booed on the day of the funeral. Yes, the Queen would have loved this, and the King wants his family to 'come together', but realistically while ever Meghan is keeping a diary and threatens more truth bombs and being a loose cannon, then the King can forget about his sons being united in any shape or form.

I bet Aunty Ann has a lot to say about this.

On one of the programmes today they said that William had invited Harry and Meghan to join them on the walkabout in Windsor so he’s clearly offering an olive branch for whatever reason, I just hope that they heal the rift because they were so close before Harry got married.

Megain will be working the crowds hard as part of her 'hearts & minds' campaign. She will be singing from the hills about her titled offspring, after complaining that the first was denied due to 'his race'.
Everyone will have to forget all this given the moment. Meanwhile her gimp husbands' book will soon be published. (20m book deal)

Why couldn't he have jet shared on his journey to Scotland?
I'm not a fan. (Surprised?)

On one of the programmes today they said that William had invited Harry and Meghan to join them on the walkabout in Windsor so he’s clearly offering an olive branch for whatever reason, I just hope that they heal the rift because they were so close before Harry got married.
I think they are making sure all the grandchildren are getting some exposure, and it helps to demonstrate that even the outcast amongst the family are as one at a time of grief and shock.
Helpfully, it also serves to provide evidence before the world's cameras that there are other ways of looking at situations that the negative narrative coming from California.
Besides, in Sun Tzu's The Art of War he recommends "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" (and I'm sure with the wealth of military experience in the Royal ranks they know this).
Sadly, outside of this sorrowful time, I don't think you can view the Sussexes as anything other than enemies of TRF, based on their actions and words since leaving for California .

Latest posts

Back