Hermann Spielwaren Bears

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There's actually a show on IW tonight at 10pm, but no pins mentioned. Not sure if they're still doing them - I checked the Hermann Spielwaren website and couldn't find any. Here's the address anyway - www.hermann.de - there is an English link.

There's actually a show on IW tonight at 10pm, but no pins mentioned. Not sure if they're still doing them - I checked the Hermann Spielwaren website and couldn't find any. Here's the address anyway - www.hermann.de - there is an English link.

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to look for me, I have 3 of the pin bears and they seem to be like "gold dust" can't figure why they left QVC to go to IW unless perhaps they wanted to focus on Charlie bears.

Thanks again

piper

another defection??

Not so sure about defection, but i think its well known, that if sales dry up on QVC you will be promptly shown the door. IF co's have been at QVC a fair while then suddenly shown the door, i assume they would like to find a new outlet quickly?

Hi, I'm not sure if it's still the case but teddy hermann and hermann speilwaren were two different companies - originally one, but the two founding brothers split and a second company was formed, Martin and Ursual Hermann were Herman Spielwarren, not sure of who was involved with Teddy Hermann. You may find a good bear shop will stock them, like 'Teddy Bears of Whitney' 'Bears on the Square' or The Bear Garden - or if they don't, usually the owners are very knwoledgable and can advise - if you are near London, there is a very big teddy bear fair at Kensington Town Hall on Sunday 13th September, I met Martin Hermann at a bear fair some years ago (It was Alexandra Palace but don't think they have one there any more), he was lovely!!
Good luck with your pin hunt!

Hi, I'm not sure if it's still the case but teddy hermann and hermann speilwaren were two different companies - originally one, but the two founding brothers split and a second company was formed, Martin and Ursual Hermann were Herman Spielwarren, not sure of who was involved with Teddy Hermann. You may find a good bear shop will stock them, like 'Teddy Bears of Whitney' 'Bears on the Square' or The Bear Garden - or if they don't, usually the owners are very knwoledgable and can advise - if you are near London, there is a very big teddy bear fair at Kensington Town Hall on Sunday 13th September, I met Martin Hermann at a bear fair some years ago (It was Alexandra Palace but don't think they have one there any more), he was lovely!!
Good luck with your pin hunt!

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I watched IW and Martin was on it with the bears last night but no pins, I will check out the places you mention and although I do live within reasonable distance of London, I don't travel well.

I was wondering had the popularity of Charlie Bears pushed the HH ones out, I don't have any of the Charlie ones as yet though I'm sure my daughter would get me one of them if she couldn't find a pin. There are such a lot of Charlie bears to choose from so I haven't been able to make up my mind.
I shall keep looking for the wee bears it's a spell till christmas so you never know.

Thanks again
piper

Just a thought, but you may want to try ebay - or even writing to Martin, may be worth a shot! Good luck in your hunt, but I succumbed to Charlie Bears last year, having been a serious collector for about 12 years, and have been very pleasantly surprised at their value and quality.

Just a wee note to say I contacted Hermann Spielwaren about the pin bears and was told they were made specially for QVC.

piper

What a shame. I was coming here to tell you about a Teddy Bear Shop in Corfe too which might be worth trying but I guess that's a waste of time now.

Latest posts

Back