In support of Nick Alsbury

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dogweed

Registered Shopper
I have just joined this web site and saw the closed thread concerning my friend Nick Alsbury. I realise this has been gone over before, however I was not "on line" at that point and I would like to make a small comment.
I know that Nick has been on QVC for nearly 15 years and has seen many guest presenters come and go.. but he is still there. He has always struggled with his weight but it has no baring on the way he does his job. If he was unprofessional or an idiot, I can assure you that QVC would not have used him for so long. Outside of QVC he and his business partner run a successful business that employs 15 people and next year will turn over nearly £10m.. This business was started during this recession. He does QVC because he enjoys it. It is certainly not to get rich.
If you ever see Nick in the street, stop him and have a chat. He will be happy to speak and you will find out for yourself what a nice guy he is. He will also be the first to tell you he needs to lose weight, something he has been doing since an illness during the summer. So for those that want to judge my good friend on his weight.. Don't.. You should not judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...And for those who supported him in the previous thread, Nick sends his heartfelt appreciation.
Look out for the next techy show, I am sure he will be on it at some stage.

:hi: Hi Dogwood

:mysmilie_357: to the forum. I have just seen your post while searching for something else. I must have missed it when you posted.
As someone who struggles with weight problems and has done for many years I agree with you that it has no baring on the way he does his job. The good thing is the majority of people that posted on the thread you were referring to were in support of Nick. :up: :up: :up:

Yes i like Nick and have always thought he seemed a lovely man, and i've bought two televisions from QVC because of
listening to him, and the explanations he gives. I'm like him always on a diet, and have found in my job , i work in a
hospital, people think they can mention my weight also, but if i wasn.t doing my job i'd be out the door quickly, as its
so busy there's no room for people who can't cope. Slimming world is the way for me, and loads of men go and are very
welcome, if he wanted to go down that route. I hope he gets better, and i look forward to seeing him presenting the
products very professionally soon . :up:

Last edited:
I don't know which thread you refer to, but thanks Dogwood for your post in support of your mate Nick.
It's such a shame Nick didn't feel he could post himself, we are a friendly bunch and really aren't as bad as we are made out to be.
The very best to both of you and hope you will continue to contribute to the forum.

Welcome! Just had to look up that post. There is a very small element on here that have no idea how to state their opinion without being vindictive. Not particularly liking someone is fine, as is stating your opinion but there is no need for any nastiness or to get personal in my opinion. Personally I don't think I have seen this guest presenter, but am bothered that he is bothered by that post.

Please, pass on that the majority of posters treated that thread with the contempt it deserved. :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Hello :hi: and Welcome to the forum Dogweed :mysmilie_357:

I try not to get involved in any threads that criticise presenters or guests
as none of us are perfect

Hi Dogweed & welcome from me too! :hi:
Good to hear Nick's a RL nice bloke, makes a change, could do with a few more of those about! :up:
Funny when he broke the tele though, right up there with Youtube classics of Anthony H falling backwards off the chair & Charlie falling over under the weight of a load of Spacesaver bags of whatever they were! LOL

I must say i have e.mailed Nick in the past and he took the time to reply and offer advice.
He seems a very nice guy not sure why he was getting bashed about his weight as it has no relevance to his presenting.

:mysmilie_357: to the forum! I think Nick's a great presenter and like him, I have my battles with my weight. However, it doesn't stop be being darn good at my job, and I hope Nick doesn't let it bother him for too long. He's good at what he does and that is all that matters.

Dogwood
Hope you don't mind me asking since you mentioned Nick will be on in the next techy shows.
Will he be representing Samsung, it's just he always seemed to really highly promote the televisions?
I ask since he didn't do their last TSV and has been doing no name brands of late.

Reminds me of people who go to the doctor with a problem but start off by saying "I have a "friend" who has a problem, what would you advise her to do?" lol.

:wave: dogwood, another :mysmilie_357: from me too.
If you have read the posts in the other thread, you and Nick will see that there are many posts there in support.
Many of us have gone through weight problems and we do understand how difficult it is to lose weight. He has nothing to feel ashamed or upset about anything.

In fact he has our admiration for doing something about his weight. I hope he is getting over his illness.

Once he reaches the weight he wants, it will help if joins one of the slimming clubs, they are very supportive and going to one will help him to keep maintain the weight loss.

Many dieters will agree with me that weight creeps back up before we realise. I hope he does not take my tip in the wrong way, no offence intended:bear:
No one has said anything negative about his job, so please ask him to continue with is job with QVC, and tell him,whenever he is on, to think that there are many supporting him.
Maybe it will do him good to join us.

Reminds me of people who go to the doctor with a problem but start off by saying "I have a "friend" who has a problem, what would you advise her to do?" lol.

Not just me then...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he doesn't want to identify himself. Doesn't alter what he's saying and not doing any harm ;)

I am sure there are presenters and staff in our midst too :p

Welcome. I am afraid that you will soon find that, around here, there is an element, small but significant enough, who seem to get great pleasure out of insulting others without ever giving a thought for the effect their words might have on that individual. But there at least as many, and probably more, people here who are uncomfortable with this. From time to time they will speak out, and often will get accused of trying to be 'politically-correct' or of being overly sensitive and so on. But, as you'll see from the many people who chose to speak out when your friend was targeted, they still choose to speak out. This forum isn't that different from many others I've visited. There are people who don't think before writing (I don't think anyone intends to cause hurt, I may be wrong …) on here, just as there are on other forums. Fortunately, most of us aren't interested in that sort of thing. Sadly, if you want to chat with the latter, you sometimes have to put up with the former.

Maybe he doesn't want to identify himself. Doesn't alter what he's saying and not doing any harm ;)

I am sure there are presenters and staff in our midst too :p

Yes, I'm actually Jill Franks *sniff scratch cough*

Latest posts

Back