Is it just me ? ....I don't like this look

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not talking about those though. The ones I wear look like I'm wearing NO tights but look much better than if I actually wasn't wearing tights (if you get my drift). More often than not, my friends ask if I'm wearing tights, they look so natural. I think if she'd worn these with the orange or nude shoes, she'd have looked great. Just my opinion.

I love those 'no tights' tights too. My daughters think my legs look great in them and that's a compliment. I love black tights too, whether sheer or opaque or barely black. I think they can look so sexy and I wear different denier tights depending on the season or my outfit.

The Nora Batty style with the Compo-pulling features you mean?!

Lend us a pair please Busy

ILC, do you mean the nude semi-glossy tights? Yes, I wear those for work sometimes in summer.

I was thinking of the tan coloured granny tights, hideous.

No, I wear the sheer ones. The toes aren't reinforced so you can just about get away with it if you wear sandals. Also, they do ones with an open toe. (I get mine from M&S). http://www.marksandspencer.com/Deni...031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

I do love opaque tights too but I wouldn't wear them with open-toe shoes.

I predict that sheer skin tone tights will be making a real come back. For no other reason that Kate Middleton is a huge fan. Suits me.

I quite like some of the textured and subtley patterned thicker tights that have been around for the last couple of winters.

Mind you I bought some opaque bright pink tights in the bargain bin once. They were 50p! I thought the might look good with a black knitted dress and black boots. How wrong I was!!

But at least you would be dressed for any occasion without having to change in the office for that dinner date, going to the dog track, kite flying, putting the bins out........

Minnie Mouse

I can't see what is wrong with leg coloured legs and in most cases they look much better that black opaques. Why does everyone want to look like Minnie mouse these days?
I do have black opaques but would only wear with black or mainly black prints.
Boots can be OK with dresses in appropriate colours and dainty styles.
:up:

Because I have rather unsightly marks on my legs, I have never been able to wear a pretty short dress for most of my life. Having had to hide my problem with long maxi skirts and trousers. This new fashion has given me a new lease of life and I am embracing it! Opaque tights and pumps with a strap keep me happy with my tunics and flimsy dresses. I'm not a bit conscious about my legs now and feel modern and not so frumpy as I used to feel before.

I can't see what is wrong with leg coloured legs and in most cases they look much better that black opaques. Why does everyone want to look like Minnie mouse these days?
I do have black opaques but would only wear with black or mainly black prints.
Boots can be OK with dresses in appropriate colours and dainty styles.
:up:

Debbie Flint has some high heeled red with white polka dots shoes.

http://kirstyberry.tumblr.com/post/13746470883

Last edited:
My biggest problem is the "winter bottom/summer top" look. I've seen plenty of great examples of opaques/boots/floaty dress WITH a knitted top (or anything that covers the arms and this can work especially well between seasons), but it just looks totally wrong when someone's wearing opaques with a short or sleeveless dress and bare (especially very pale) arms. JMHO.

Because I have rather unsightly marks on my legs, I have never been able to wear a pretty short dress for most of my life. Having had to hide my problem with long maxi skirts and trousers. This new fashion has given me a new lease of life and I am embracing it! Opaque tights and pumps with a strap keep me happy with my tunics and flimsy dresses. I'm not a bit conscious about my legs now and feel modern and not so frumpy as I used to feel before.

that's great helena - good for you! :clapping: i hide mine too but because they're short and fat so opaques still don't hide that :sad:

Latest posts

Back