January's yankee candle tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

athena69

Registered Shopper
hi guys, hope you all had a great christmas, and that you have a peaceful new year!

i was wondering if anyone knew what this tsv was going to be?

i am hoping that for once it's large jar candles as they haven't done this for ages!

so if you have any clues, i for one would be most grateful.

happy new year to you all!

If you want large jars you are best going to yankeedoodle as they've got 3 of your choice for £40 and only £3 flat rate postage.

i have to say, i've never had that problem. all my jars have burnt down very well leaving no wax on the inside of the jar whatsoever. that's why i find them such good value. are you trimming your wicks? and if so, are you maybe trimming them too short? i trim mine every time i light them to approx 1cm.

I canot get along with large jars. As soon as the wax starts to melt, it drowns the wick and goes out :(

Are you cutting the wick too short? Is it placed in a draft? Do you have a shade? Ooops it's the spanish Inquisition. :mysmilie_17:

I always find that the really large jar candles always "tunnel". I do trim my wick and I try to burn them until the wax hits the side of the jar but I find it takes about 5 - 6 hours to do that and then it only seems to be on one side!! How hopeless am I??

Are you cutting the wick too short? Is it placed in a draft? Do you have a shade? Ooops it's the spanish Inquisition. :mysmilie_17:

I do have a shade, I have tried trimming and not trimming the wicks, it doesn't make any difference. If there is a draught, I am not aware of it.
It doesn't matter (much) as I am very happy with my electric tart warmer and Darl's Smelly Tarts. :mysmilie_697:
But I have a large jar of 'Winterland', which was my fave YC scent (now discontinued), and I would love to be able to use it up.

I do have a shade, I have tried trimming and not trimming the wicks, it doesn't make any difference. If there is a draught, I am not aware of it.
It doesn't matter (much) as I am very happy with my electric tart warmer and Darl's Smelly Tarts. :mysmilie_697:
But I have a large jar of 'Winterland', which was my fave YC scent (now discontinued), and I would love to be able to use it up.

Pop the jar into the freezer so it gets nice and cold and then you should be able to pop the wax out and then you can use it as tarts.

I don't think that would work Sazza - the jar is narrower at the top and the wax is in the fat bit at the base - and it's nearly full too :(

I only ever buy large jars and haven't had any of the problems that you encounter.Have you emailed yankee candle - maybe see what they suggest?

I hope the tsv is a large candle set - although it would have to be very good value to outdo the likes of yankeecandle - but hey QVC don't think we shop anywhere else do they :)

Try lighting it and when the wax starts to melt a little bit, tilt the jar to pour this wax away from the wick, hopefully this will help

I've tried this, and it only works for a few minutes, until enough new wax melts to drown the wick again. I'm obviously a hopeless case! :(

You could try digging some of the wax out from around the wick
you are not a hopeless case :mysmilie_12:

Is this the only YC that it has happened with? If so I think you should contact Yankee and see what they suggest.

I personally prefer the small or medium jars but I have got some large jar YC and never had a problem with them

You could try digging some of the wax out from around the wick Tried that too :(
you are not a hopeless case :mysmilie_12: Think I probably am :(

Is this the only YC that it has happened with? If so I think you should contact Yankee and see what they suggest. No, I've had two large jars and it happened to both :(

I personally prefer the small or medium jars but I have got some large jar YC and never had a problem with them

Guess I'll just stick with Darl's Smelly Tarts :mysmilie_12:

I hope the tsv is a large candle set - although it would have to be very good value to outdo the likes of yankeecandle - but hey QVC don't think we shop anywhere else do they :)

I know what you mean. I remember seeing JR present a YC show and a viewer texted in about a fragrance that was new to QVC saying how lovely it was and JR became really snotty saying how she didn't know how the viewer could have smelt this fragrance yet!

I've never bought the large jars. I prefer tarts as I can keep changing fragrances quickly however my sister recently bought one and I gave her a lecture in the shop about how she had to burn it long enough for the wax to touch the sides. Visited her recently and saw that the candle was tunnelling. She said she had burnt it as I had suggested so maybe this is a common problem with them.

I also have a problem with tunnelling on some of my large jars and I never change how I burn them. That's why I now much prefer the double wick jars. I know that they are not such good value for money as they burn faster, but I never get even a hint of tunnelling with them and you only need to burn them for a couple of hours before the molten wax hits the sides. I buy them from Boundary Mill, so they are pretty good value for money and I never need to throw anything away.

Some of mine have tunnelled and some do not. I tend to find it is the 'sweet' scents which seem to do this. And I burn them all for at least 6-8 hours at a time. I did notice that they were selling YC in Debenhams the other day - they may have been in there for ages but I don't often go to the homeware department as it is quite expensive.

Some of mine have tunnelled and some do not. I tend to find it is the 'sweet' scents which seem to do this. And I burn them all for at least 6-8 hours at a time. I did notice that they were selling YC in Debenhams the other day - they may have been in there for ages but I don't often go to the homeware department as it is quite expensive.

I noticed that as well and got very excited. I think because we get so brainwashed into believing everything's so exclusive and high end we forget they sell it everywhere else. They sell them in Clintons card shop as well

I noticed that as well and got very excited. I think because we get so brainwashed into believing everything's so exclusive and high end we forget they sell it everywhere else. They sell them in Clintons card shop as well

They werent cheap but - it's nice to be able to go and have a sniff before going to buy from Yankee Doodle online :mysmilie_17:

I got a clean cotton one and it was a 20% off day, so i was quite happy. No bloomin £4.45 postage either just a quick walk to the free car park and then home.

Latest posts

Back