Joan Rivers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Just quickly channel-hopped. Is it my imagination or does Joan sound as if she's had one glass too many? :thinking:

She always sounds like that.

I tell ya something, she has made me laugh out loud at least 3 times in the last 30 minutes.

First she said someone on her flight died, to which Charlie replied a similar incident happened to him 20 years ago.
I've heard this kind of tale once too often, seems to be quite a common occurrance, worryingly.

Then she said something about all her lovers dropping dead after seeing her naked, in regard to the fact that all she does in bed now is read......tenuous link to the TSV.

I wish she would tell the story about her dinner date dying at the table, it's a killer(no pun intended)story and it's true.

I can usually take or leave Joan, but she's killing me this visit.:giggle:

I watched her on The Larry King show the other night and she was fantastic. MInd you her voice was kinda slurry as well. Maybe it just her age.She has a film documentery coming out about herself. Should be fun. At 77 ( I think)all she wants to do is work. Still does stand up acts. She says she wants to live a good lifestyle and that takes money. But she really is a funny woman quite controversial at times.

I think Joan has been in ill health and having heard her talk a few months back, it was a after the oscars and her comments on the frocks. I think she might have a a mini stroke or something going by her voice?

As for the TSV, what is with these ****** glasses all the time??????

I like watching Joan as a comedienne, but I can't watch her selling her over priced jewellery, her constant prattle would do my head in.

I just love Joan. Presenting her reading glasses she started off by saying she'd just come back from Sardinia and 'every good looking whore was wearing them' :mysmilie_62: Charlie kept schtum...

I just love Joan. Presenting her reading glasses she started off by saying she'd just come back from Sardinia and 'every good looking whore was wearing them' :mysmilie_62: Charlie kept schtum...
Yeah I was gobsmacked when i heard her say that!

Lol imho it's just an everyday expression to Joan, much like me calling someone a tart and not meant in any disrespectful way. Well mostly anyway... :devil:

She was on form last night. Great banter about Loose Women and finally getting back on ITV. I hactuhally quite like those TSV black glasses too. Must resist. I have a pair of leverback Butterfly earrings from her range and they are utterly lovely quality, wear them a lot.

She was on form last night. Great banter about Loose Women and finally getting back on ITV. I hactuhally quite like those TSV black glasses too. Must resist. I have a pair of leverback Butterfly earrings from her range and they are utterly lovely quality, wear them a lot.

Thanks for that. For some reason I thought they might be a bit flimsy and over-priced.

Linda

They showed a video clip last night of a woman who sat on her specs. Joan pointed out that they were completely undamaged, even though they would have been smelly !

I think she's brilliant! Totally irreverant and totally un QVC-like! They must quiver when she's on, hats off to them for letting her say her pieces LOL. She must rake them in a fair bit of dosh to compensate!

I think she's brilliant! Totally irreverant and totally un QVC-like! They must quiver when she's on, hats off to them for letting her say her pieces LOL. She must rake them in a fair bit of dosh to compensate!

Absolutely!! Why else would they have her on. Must be scary being the director, not knowing what is going to come out of her mouth! Makes for fun TV though.

Yes, she's always good value when she's on. I remember her swearing in front of the Queen at the Royal Variety Performance and she was trying so hard not too. Is it my imagination, or is she only ever on with male presenters? Every time I've tuned in, I've never seen her with a woman.

No I've seen her on with the women but imho she interacts better with the blokes.

I love joan rivers - but cab't believe the TSV is another bleedin' pair of glasses!!!

I can't remember her TSV's being anything other than watches or glasses actually. I like her though, very entertaining. Her slurring may be the result of a stroke but I have noticed it before and have often wondered how much speech is affected by face-lifts etc. It has to make a difference surely??
Or she simply may need a stiff drink before going on air with the QVC presenter "du jour".

She totally cracks me up. I love her shows, although I've never bought any of her things.

Thanks for that. For some reason I thought they might be a bit flimsy and over-priced.

Linda

I was seriously surprised when I got them. I ordered them and thought 'These look lovely on screen but will be horrible and break easily...' I opened the box and was totally bowled over by the quality - they're enamelled and crystal and have gold tone leverbacks - I honestly thought by now the amount of wear I'd given them they would be tarnished and horrible, but they are as new and utterly beautiful still :rock:

Latest posts

Back