JR & Pilates

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marjoleine is scary,she seems to age before your eyes...wrinkles and sinew is no advert for me!

As for Julia,yes I too am sick of seeing her clad in lycra flapping around and swinging her ponytail.
I was rather suprised how ungainly and unco-ordinated she was during the Zumba presentation.
Julia is always telling us about her dancers calves/feet and yet there she was flirting outrageously with Matthew Cutler then throwing herself around with all the grace and finesse of a sack of spuds!

Marjoleine is scary,she seems to age before your eyes...wrinkles and sinew is no advert for me!

As for Julia,yes I too am sick of seeing her clad in lycra flapping around and swinging her ponytail.
I was rather suprised how ungainly and unco-ordinated she was during the Zumba presentation.
Julia is always telling us about her dancers calves/feet and yet there she was flirting outrageously with Matthew Cutler then throwing herself around with all the grace and finesse of a sack of spuds!

Matthew Cutler was on QVC? Nooooooooooo I missed him! :mysmilie_478::frown:

I used to go to Pilates classes but there were so many show-offs of a certain age who delighted in pushing themselves in the face of the less able participants about what they could do and we couldn't that I stopped going...I find this kind of behaviour very intimidating and much prefer someone who looks like they aren't being marked out of 10. JR keeps pointing her toes like she's being judged for style on the apparatus...as long as she's doing it correctly why bother pointing her toes at every opportunity? Of course, she was a trained dancer and might be doing this just to remind us, lest we forget. I'm off to my first 'Zumba' class now...hope there aren't too many advanced Zumba experts giving it large :dull:

yeah, the toe pointing gave the whole thing a prima donna look to me - really got on my nerves. did julia ever dance for a living or was she just "trained":wonder:

Compare and contrast JR (skeleton with flab) and Margarine (skeleton with sinew) with the woman at the back of the set - blonde hair, black long sleeved leotard who had trouble getting out of bed 7 years ago due to a bad back. Sorry I missed her name. She looks so feminine, appropriately dressed for her age / for telly, nice slim figure without looking gaunt and with a stringy neck. She is the true advert for pilates.

I have to admit I do have a pilates machine which lives under the stairs never to see the light of day.The reason is not that I don't like using it but it is so heavy & bulky to drag out & to set up.Fine if you have somewhere to set up & leave.
I agree Marjelaine ( sp?) looks fine in the body but in the face? No No.A little bit of bulk does nobody any harm!

I did get one, but sent it back as it's not easy to keep folding up and moving away.

I've just seen Marjo fold it in half (supposedly to show us how easy it is :taphead:). She didn't move it though! It's 30kg - that's a heck of a weight, especially if you have mobility problems. You could easily do your back in. As a courier, 17kg was our top weight and believe me, that is heavy!

I wouldn't consider getting one again unless I had a place where it could be left out constantly. :cheeky:

I bought one about a year ago, its used to be in the spare room and permantly up and ready for use, it was good.
Then things changed and dd moved home with bf and baby, so no more gym room for me...it now lives in the loft :giggle: x

I bought one about a year ago, its used to be in the spare room and permantly up and ready for use, it was good.
Then things changed and dd moved home with bf and baby, so no more gym room for me...it now lives in the loft :giggle: x

OMG! Have you got a lift to get it up there? lol :bow:

no lift just a set of dodgy ladders, thats why me and hubby need the back magic lol :giggle: x

I managed to watch until the ridiculous JR toe-pointing started then I switched off. Reassuring to know it's not just me who got irritated by this stupid affectation.

The balance of presentation was shifted between JR and Marj. JR was directing everything to her and not to camera, teaching grandma how to suck eggs? Marj looked irritated to me.

Silly b*tch was even doing it when she swapped places with Margarine and was just sitting there yapping about the machine!! :mysmilie_483:

I bought a Pilates off Ebay for £75.00!....it's wonderful, I can get sooo much more clothes on it compared to my Gazelle glider!

Even the inspiring sight of JR straining her cabbage live on air( I wonder how many Tena ladies she goes through) couldn't get me on it more than a few times.

The balance of presentation was shifted between JR and Marj. JR was directing everything to her and not to camera, teaching grandma how to suck eggs? Marj looked irritated to me.

I thought so too. At one point JR abruptly turned away from Marj and got onto the machine while she (M) was in mid-sentence, leaving her to talk directly to us.

What was all that with the pony tail ? Was she auditioning for the role of Sandy in the re-make of Grease ?

Latest posts

Back